Author Topic: Kosher version of diet?  (Read 6769 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Kosher version of diet?
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:42:58 pm »
Hey guys. I've actuallly taken on a kosher version of raw paleo.

I eat SCD fruits and veggies. Seeds. And only pastured beef and buffalo being that they only eat grass.

Since starting that I've actually been feeling much better.

I cut out salmon and eggs. Salmon had me feeling horrible after meals. Idk if it's the mercury or what.

Also eggs had me feeling bad. Now I feel calm and stable 24/7.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Kosher version of diet?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 02:54:05 am »
You cant consume any blood under kosher laws. Im not sure how you can avoid that with raw beef and such. Mine is always bloody.
-----------

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 03:29:00 am »
KOSHER??? PLEAWE FUCK OF F WRW9IT9032TJI320TJ3920TI WTF WHO EAT KOSHERR FUCKKK KOSHER AND ALL RELIGIONS IN GENERAL! ITS ALL DEAD WRONG

Offline intrigued

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 03:37:12 am »
Hmm, seems like if he found something that works for him, specifically dropping out fish and eggs, there shouldn't be anything wrong with that?  Are you really not allowed to consume blood?  How can you eat any meat and guarantee that there's no blood in it?  Seems impossible.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 03:42:16 am »
LMAO @ ACHILLEZZZZ

I agree. Religion's retarded.

I didn't know Kosher means no blood. But hey their loss.

I think I may have an allergy to egg. Salmon just made me feel horrible, likely from the heavily polluted oceans.

Buffalo, beef, ripe fruits and veggies are doing me good though.

My mental illness is now just some darkness I see on occasion.

No ups and downs from happy to sad, and back again. No delusions.

My doc lowered my meds some more so that's good.

Combined with lot's of basketball it's pretty awesome.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 03:46:02 am »
If you were eating farmed salmon, then I'm not surprised.  That stuff is nasty.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 03:47:44 am »
I was eating wild caught actually.

I think the problem is I need to eat it freshly defrosted (most places here sell it already frozen).

After sitting in the fridge in a jar it gets the naaaastiest smell and taste.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 07:40:22 am »
I put wild-caught salmon in the oven once, and a bunch of white crap showed all over inside the salmon, which wasn't visible when raw. I guess they put some starch filler or just some flour.
I've noticed the same with all ground beef, even the local grass-fed one: I put it in the oven at lower temp and after some time this crap starts coming out of the meat.
So now I stick to fresh farmed salmon, and non-ground meat. You may want to check your salmon like this.

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 07:52:46 am »
I put wild-caught salmon in the oven once, and a bunch of white crap showed all over inside the salmon, which wasn't visible when raw. I guess they put some starch filler or just some flour.
I've noticed the same with all ground beef, even the local grass-fed one: I put it in the oven at lower temp and after some time this crap starts coming out of the meat.
So now I stick to fresh farmed salmon, and non-ground meat. You may want to check your salmon like this.

The white stuff you're seeing in your salmon and ground beef when you heat it is serum albumen. It's a component of blood, which is still present in meat even if it has been largely "bled" after slaughter. It sets up and congeals like that when it's exposed to heat.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 08:09:57 am »
So now I stick to fresh farmed salmon, and non-ground meat.

LOL!!!!

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 08:45:50 am »
You think your being healthier by choosing farmed fish instead of wild? I think somebody has some research to do.
-----------

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 05:39:01 am »
The white stuff you're seeing in your salmon and ground beef when you heat it is serum albumen. It's a component of blood, which is still present in meat even if it has been largely "bled" after slaughter. It sets up and congeals like that when it's exposed to heat.
Good to know, although I don't get it why it doesn't happen with normal meat or fresh, non-packed/frozen salmon.

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 04:09:40 pm »
Good to know, although I don't get it why it doesn't happen with normal meat or fresh, non-packed/frozen salmon.

With beef, it's because with cuts like steak, if you're heating or cooking them, you're usually searing the outside which seals in the juices. When it's ground, the serum albumen is seeping out of the parts of the meat not in direct contact with the heat source and therefore able to coagulate.

With fresh salmon, it can largely depend on the species of salmon. I've read that wild Pacific salmon have more of it than Atlantic, for example. I would assume this is also the case in regard to wild Pacific versus farmed fish. It's not harmful, and it's not an additive.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk