Author Topic: Anybody add SAD food and it be beneficial?  (Read 15051 times)

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody add SAD food and it be beneficial?
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 02:09:00 am »
guys come on how did this end up with vco detox.. it was a pretty interesting thread otherwise :)

I eat rice btw, it's a pretty good source of carbs and it's beneficial for me.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:15:32 am by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 11:23:41 am »
aLptHW4k4y, many many threads in this RP forum ended up off topic.  Please browse the forum and you will find that I am speaking the truth.   I think that is a beauty of this forum: People feel free to discuss anything related to health which they find interesting, as long as the conversation is carried in a civil and respectful manner.

GS, thank you for the VCO detox information. I will keep the information in mind.
On the other hand, I am not sure my chocolate addiction means I have fungi / yeast / candida. I have been doing low carb for a couple of months. I seldom eat high-carb foods and I do not crave them.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 12:03:01 pm »
well, yeah, and it was chocolate (100%, if that makes it any better).  my problem was that food would go right through me.  apparently chocolate has a constipating effect, so eating a small amount after my meat meal was so very helpful in the beginning.  i started getting headaches, which i never get, so that's when i stopped. by then i was good without it.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 12:14:18 pm »
I still miss chocolate and I eat an 8-ounce bag of chocolate once a few weeks. What nutrients am I missing?

Otherwise I have no problems just eating raw healthy foods.

Chocolate affects the hormones and is useful for women in particular at certain times of their cycle. Suggestion - use raw cacao and cacao butter instead.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 01:00:46 pm »
Suggestion - use raw cacao and cacao butter instead.

I will try that. Thanks.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 01:27:49 pm »
Joy - only raw cacao and butter I've been able to find is from Essential Living Foods. Easiest and fastest way to get a yummy chocolate hit is to take medjool dates, pour some cacao powder on them and mash them with a fork. Sometimes you will need a tiny bit of water to make it a good consistency.

Many women say that after they find the ideal diet for themselves and therefore have their hormones more balanced generally -- their monthly cravings for chocolate go away - - but until then the humble cacao been can be a real good helper.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 02:16:24 pm »
Thank you for the information, Dorothy. Last year I purchased some refrigerated raw cacao pieces from Natural Grocers. I will check to see if NG still carries it as it is near to my home.  If not, I will check out Essential Living Foods.   Central Market used to carry whole raw cacao but it has been discontinued.

I never thought I might "need" chocolate physically. I thought I just got addicted to the delicious taste of chocolate. Now let's see if raw cacao may fix me
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:35:09 pm by Joy2012 »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 01:35:02 am »
Thank you for the information, Dorothy. Last year I purchased some refrigerated raw cacao pieces from Natural Grocers. I will check to see if NG still carries it as it is near to my home.  If not, I will check out Essential Living Foods.   Central Market used to carry whole raw cacao but it has been discontinued.

I never thought I might "need" chocolate physically. I thought I just got addicted to the delicious taste of chocolate. Now let's see if raw cacao may fix me

FYI - 99.9% of raw cacaos are not actually raw. The pieces have a little better chance of actually being raw than the powders and cacao butter a much better chance.

As for "fixing" - the best cacao is going to be is a short-term supplement to help you until your hormone system gets healed up from eating the right raw diet for you. Cacao should be used like a lot of other herbs - not depended upon but used in the process of long term healing or in crises when the body suddenly goes out of balance and needs help getting back and then stabilized with more general staple food choices. Eventually if your diet is balanced and correct for you and your hormonal system gets more vigorous, constant and balanced you likely will stop craving the chocolate - as long as you don't use milk or non-raw sweeteners in it that can cause cravings as well. Most herbs  including cacao can be thought of like health-care professionals - you need them when things are out of balance - but you try your best to keep yourself healthy enough with food and lifestyle not to have to use them that much.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2012, 09:21:34 am »
Good advice, Dorothy. Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk