Author Topic: description  (Read 8718 times)

Satya

description
« on: November 04, 2008, 10:39:31 pm »
The description on this board has always bothered me.  I am a low carber, and I basically follow a diet close to this description.  However, the idea that omnivores must not eat sweet fruit or honey on occasion as the season dictates is biased towards low carb eating, imho.  I think it has already been established that in and near the tropics, fruits are available for major portions of the year.  Peoples living in these regions have been known to exploit these foods for millennia.  Some of these fruits are extremely sweet, such as dates.  (Did you know that dates don't cause tooth decay?  Yes, the study concerned Middle Eastern school boys, iirc.)  But anyway, as Weston Price found recently with tradition tribes in modern times, carbohydrate intake can and does vary by location.  (Not everyone has Polar ancestry (although I happen to).)  But at least in terms of dental health and bone structure in general, the tropical peoples were fine (and certainly had less caries than the bread and cheese eating Swiss).  Of course, all of these people exercised a ton, and as has been demonstrated recently in adolescents, you can eat all the nutrients you want, but if you don't work your body, it won't grow bigger bones and muscles. 

Please consider taking the limit of non sweet fruit off of this board's description.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: description
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 11:50:00 pm »
That's a nice observation.  Wai diet is considered Paleo.
I live in a tropical country and I can attest to the availability of fruits all year round.

Plus in my personal experiments fruit carbohydrates seem to be far different from cooked grain and cooked starchy carbohydrates in the observation that it is highly improbable fruitarians will ever be fat...
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

xylothrill

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 12:18:31 am »
Good catch! I've changed it to non-domesticated since there are some wild, sweet, paleo fruits out there.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 03:49:57 am »
I think we should make the descriptions as loose as possible. Most people on here don't have a sub forum that describes their diet 100%. In fact I'd say the only ones with accurate descriptions are the 100% carnivores, everyone else has a little bit of difference in their diet and there simply can't be enough sub forums for it all. I don't think it really matters.

Offline JustAnotherExplorer

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 05:34:31 am »
(Did you know that dates don't cause tooth decay?  Yes, the study concerned Middle Eastern school boys, iirc.)

I've never heard this before, though I have heard the exact opposite.  While I can't remember where I read it it, it was something where someone was discussing middle eastern diets and they mentioned that some children, unfortunately, would overeat on dates like they were candy at the expense of other foodstuffs and that they had the more conventionally expected results, ill health,  bad teeth.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 06:57:29 am »
I'd like to share how the modern hunter gatherer Aeta survive while hunting wild boar, wild deer and wild fowl in their forest mountain.

They say there are abundant fruits for them to snack on in the mountains while waiting for their traps to catch their prey.

So they might stay there up to 1 week living on fruits alone while awaiting for the "big catch".

Raw wild just picked eaten on the spot fruit has a different "magic" in it... it still has the life force / energy of the tree and has hydrating qualities superior to any spring source.  Eating one just picked wild chico / persimon for example may feel like you've just drank more than 1 liter of cool spring water.

I'd like the visitors to know that RPD is not necessarily equate to 100% RAF... somehow I feel some visitors get that idea that RPD = 100% RAF.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 07:32:07 am »
I'd like to share how the modern hunter gatherer Aeta survive while hunting wild boar, wild deer and wild fowl in their forest mountain.

Do the Aeta consume these raw. or are these foods cooked?
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 08:44:03 am »
Do the Aeta consume these raw. or are these foods cooked?

This current generation of aetas consume their meat cooked. These are not isolated peoples. Their ancestors were... some 100+ years ago.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 05:36:41 am »
That's a nice observation.  Wai diet is considered Paleo.
I live in a tropical country and I can attest to the availability of fruits all year round.

Plus in my personal experiments fruit carbohydrates seem to be far different from cooked grain and cooked starchy carbohydrates in the observation that it is highly improbable fruitarians will ever be fat...

http://lowcarb4u.blogspot.com/2008/07/fructose-not-as-healthy-as-it-appears.html

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 06:34:03 am »
Hi Nicola,

These simply "distilled opinion" of what I think is garbage about chemicalizing food.  Saying fruit = sugar or fruit = fructose.  Which in my opinion is baloney and wrong.  Just as we cannot just lump protein = beef = wild salmon = wild tuna = farmed fish or FAT = canola oil = butter = beef brains = marrow = extra virgin olive oil

This is why we humans crave for variety.  All these foods are different.  All these foods give different results.  All these foods have different nutrition. 

Fruit is a paleolithic heritage.  In tropical and forested areas, people had to snack on fruit for hydration and food in between kills of meat. 

Paleolithic times does not mean exclusively ice age times... where people were forced to be carnivorous... the ice ages came in and out. 

Weston Price studied different isolated healthy tribes and eskimos were just one of them.

In times of healing... not so sweet fruits are used as fasting tools.

What i'm saying is that this diagram about fructose may be true for PURE fructose as a chemical but certainly DOES NOT apply to all the fruits of today and up to 5 million years ago.

This post does not mean to suggest to go either high carb or low carb... it merely suggests that fruits are a paleolithic food and the amount of fruits people ate would have depended on where they were and what kind of fruits were available and at what season.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 06:43:02 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 02:58:49 am »
This is what I think it should say...

Raw meat/organs/ and other anmial body parts (from naturally fed or wild game), wild plants and wild honey. :D

naturally fed meaning, cows fed pasture etc.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 03:00:45 am by Sully »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk