Author Topic: Worms/Parasites in raw meats/organs  (Read 3854 times)

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
Worms/Parasites in raw meats/organs
« on: August 04, 2014, 05:52:05 am »
to be honest, I'm scared to start eating raw meats/organs because of the chance i will get worms/parasites. What are the chances of getting parasites from raw meats? Does anyone know any ways to eat raw and avoid them? does marinating help kill parasites? I'm also curious about any cooking methods that would not oxidize the fat. I'm a big fan of steaming, but Ive heard it still oxidizes animal fats. Any help would be appreciated. thanks guys.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Worms/Parasites in raw meats/organs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 02:29:19 pm »
Any cooking creates heat-created toxins which harm your body. Marinating does not work. Allegedly,  freezing a raw animal food for 14 days before thawing and eating it will ensure removal of  all parasites. However, this parasité-phobia is all nonsense. In developed countries, animals are so often dewormed via medicine that there is virtually no chance of getting parasites. Even people like me who eat large amounts of raw wild game  hardly ever get parasites, and, if they do, the parasites tend overwhelmingly to be harmless, and are easily gotten rid of by buying anti-parasite drugs from a chemists´, using a prescription.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 03:08:19 pm »
I am fully armed and dangerous against parasites.  I have quashed them many times.  Whether on cooked diets or on raw. 
Beam ray, zapper, herbal dewormers... take your pick.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 11:31:55 pm »
I am with Tyler. I am not scared of parasites at all.
I have eaten parasite infected fish raw plenty of times. I am healthy as a horse.

You need to work on your overall health, and your body will be strong enuf to not let parasites take over.

There are even therapies that infest you with hook worms to heal allergies, and they work. I know one guy that have them and they have done great things to him.
Do not let the fear of parasites take you away from raw animal food, that would be very sad.
But take care to nurture your body and mind in every possible way, not only food, so you get strong and healthy. Parasites wont hurt you.

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 12:13:46 am »
Any cooking creates heat-created toxins which harm your body. Marinating does not work. Allegedly,  freezing a raw animal food for 14 days before thawing and eating it will ensure removal of  all parasites. However, this parasité-phobia is all nonsense. In developed countries, animals are so often dewormed via medicine that there is virtually no chance of getting parasites. Even people like me who eat large amounts of raw wild game  hardly ever get parasites, and, if they do, the parasites tend overwhelmingly to be harmless, and are easily gotten rid of by buying anti-parasite drugs from a chemists´, using a prescription.
Thanks everyone for your responses. I see what you guys are saying about building up your bodies defenses against parasites. I looked up freezing meat and it seems to me like its just as harmful as cooking! it bursts the meats cell-membranes and kills the nutrients. If parasites ares as harmless as you guys are making them out to be, i may just plunge into the raw meat diet 100%. Or do you guys think its better to slowly ease my way into it. Allowing my body to build up its defense against parasites.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 12:32:16 am »
lets say, you need to know your risks. Make educated decisions. You need to do lots of research. And you need to know about your own health and where it is at. Monitor your health if you can with blood tests etc. I do that too.
If you have a parasite taking over your B12 might get low, etc.

You will get nothing without educating yourself about everything you are puzzled about.
We here can just tell our own N=1, and my is, as i said above, I am not afraid of parasites anymore

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 01:33:38 am »
Thanks everyone for your responses. I see what you guys are saying about building up your bodies defenses against parasites. I looked up freezing meat and it seems to me like its just as harmful as cooking! it bursts the meats cell-membranes and kills the nutrients. If parasites ares as harmless as you guys are making them out to be, i may just plunge into the raw meat diet 100%. Or do you guys think its better to slowly ease my way into it. Allowing my body to build up its defense against parasites.

Either way does not matter. Parasites simply are not a problem.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk