Author Topic: Why middle-class Americans are turning to dumpster diving  (Read 2770 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline NuclearKnight

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Why middle-class Americans are turning to dumpster diving
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 02:36:05 am »
You probably think of otherwise good food touching the bottoms or sides of the dumpster, but I almost always see the stuff in clean boxes or bags. I try to be quick as to not get caught by employees. I am very passionate about dumpster diving. I'm acquired thousands of dollars worth of organic produce (fruits, veggies), pastured eggs, moldy cheese, kefir, kombucha, coconut water, honey, nuts, olive/coconut oil and so on. More often though sadly, I see processed food, refined sugar/grains/oils, candy/desserts, pasteurized dairy, frozen meals, canned food, sweetened drinks, and so on. Yeah, the stores order more junk than health food, so that's what they throw away more of too. Everyone in my house prefers franken-food, so at least when I bring them this from the dumpsters or church, I'm not putting any money in the corporations pockets, keeping them in business, or influencing the market like paying for it would. The scenario is true too for the good food I get for me.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 02:48:13 am »
Sounds like a goldmine, I might just try lol

Offline NuclearKnight

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 03:13:22 am »
 I advise scoping out each store by going there each day of the week (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and so on) at various times (the morning, afternoon, evening, and night) until you learn when they take the trash out, when it's full, empty, when the trucks collect the trash, when the best time to go is. Expect to get dirty sometimes; wear gloves and the clothes/shoes you don't care much about. I have been bruised and cut many times by meat cutters, wood, nails, shattered glass, and so on, so be careful. Other people do this too, so there's competition, sometimes unfriendly. Most people I see don't climb in (sometimes you have to) but use a grabber instead. Climbing in is easier than climbing out. I find it best to go with a partner if you can that they can watch over and help, plus the employees aren't as brave and confrontational if you have a buddy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk