Author Topic: what do you use to clean your hair?  (Read 4405 times)

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
what do you use to clean your hair?
« on: May 05, 2012, 07:00:14 pm »
Right now I use a "natural" shampoo, which I don't want to use because there are still chemicals in it and it is processed. I tend to think that diet and shampoo have a huge influence on hairloss. I'm young still (22), with no apparent hair loss, so I want to make sure I avoid it ever happening.

I want to use something unprocessed/unheated and truly natural. I don't use any cleansers on my body, only my hair. I don't think water only would work for me because I have long hair and it looks horrible if it is only partially "clean". I've heard of some type of clay that cleanses but does it clean well? Does anyone have any experience with it?

Any other suggestions would be great...I'd prefer no shampoo though, as no matter how "natural" it is, it's still processed and I don't trust that.

Thanks.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: what do you use to clean your hair?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 08:35:42 pm »
I haven't shampooed my hair for a decade. No point, as, my hair only gets greasy if I eat lots of cooked foods, and, anyway, even pre-raw diet my hair self-cleaned itself.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 09:23:35 pm »
i use dr bronners, i have pretty long hair and only wash it once every week or two, sometimes ill just rinse it with water and that is sufficient
baking soda and vinegar works too
i have heard the clays work because they draw off the oil
if the hair is too dry coconut oil is good for the hair and scalp and is said to promote hair growth

CitrusHigh

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 09:39:02 pm »
When I do use something on my hair, it's vinegar, preferably apple cider vinegar.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 10:41:44 pm »
dr bonners, eggs, shea butter, coconut oil

i like baking soda,  it makes my hair feel soft, but my scalp reacts to it.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 11:04:23 pm »
Egg white as  shampoo and then egg yolk as conditioner...Your hair will shine.

However, u will smell like an egg for a long while afterwards. The smell evaporates as the hair dries up. I do not know why.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:18:35 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 02:00:45 am »
i use dr bronners, i have pretty long hair and only wash it once every week or two, sometimes ill just rinse it with water and that is sufficient
baking soda and vinegar works too
i have heard the clays work because they draw off the oil
if the hair is too dry coconut oil is good for the hair and scalp and is said to promote hair growth
I might try the unscented Dr. Bronners...which one do you use?

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 07:25:26 am »
whichever i feel smells the best when i buy it i guess? i have used peppermint, which is one of the few things that actually help alleviated some of the horrendous itching i had after being almost totally covered in mosquito and no-see-em bites last summer, holy shit i forgot how much that sucked! also have used the rose and the lemon kind.  its just added essential oils, no fake fragrance or coloring

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 12:45:44 pm »
I use a razor. I keep my head shaved. This has worked wonders to my scalp health, it feels nice and requires zero maintenance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk