Author Topic: who's "the bear"  (Read 8819 times)

JaX

who's "the bear"
« on: November 09, 2008, 04:12:43 am »
have seen him mentioned in some posts

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: who's "the bear"
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 05:47:23 am »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 05:02:41 am »
In that link, in one of his posts, why does he say(a long side accidents) that trichinosis from eating a raw Arctic predator is a reason for many Inuit not reaching 90yo(which he says they have been recorded to live to), when many here say that trichinosis is not an issue..?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 05:04:33 am »
In that link, in one of his posts, why does he say(a long side accidents) that trichinosis from eating a raw Arctic predator is a reason for many Inuit not reaching 90yo(which he says they have been recorded to live to), when many here say that trichinosis is not an issue..?
  The Bear is generally anti-raw so one can't take such claims at face-value. It's just a load of b*ll designed to scare people away from raw.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 05:22:40 am »
In that link, in one of his posts, why does he say(a long side accidents) that trichinosis from eating a raw Arctic predator is a reason for many Inuit not reaching 90yo

He's good but not perfect.
He has never eaten raw long enough to realize the taste change, insists that food must taste good, so eats cooked meat.
My rede is that he can live on zero carb that long in spite of cooked food, and adventurous life and all that LSD, and remain in excellent health.
And keep in mind that he is writing about post-contact Inuit - we have no idea of how long pre-contact Inuit lived. No records.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 05:30:11 am »
I read somewhere, that a lion has an acid stomach, so that any bacteria/parasites would be destroyed upon entry. Is this true?

If this is true: After eating raw meat, would a human gradually develop this feature?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 05:38:19 am »
I read somewhere, that a lion has an acid stomach, so that any bacteria/parasites would be destroyed upon entry. Is this true?

If this is true: After eating raw meat, would a human gradually develop this feature?
 This is a silly theory as raw omnivorous animals also eat raw meats even if their stomachs have less acid in them and still thrive on the raw meats.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:54:14 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 07:39:48 pm »

What were you saying ? That humans don't have acidic gut ? Humans gut ph is something about 2 which is pretty acidic and kills most bacteria/parasites if not diluted with juices.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 11:00:26 pm »
My question was just whether a human's gut would have a similar capability as the lion's, and if this would be increased by eating only/mainly raw meat.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 06:00:00 am »
I feel like I can eat an enormous amout of raw meat compared to cooked as I never really feel that full after eating, though I've never really tested it. I will probably test this out one day, maybe after I've fasted and done some long distance hiking or what not.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 06:07:03 am »
The guy eats cooked meat, why is he at all relevant? I've read some of his writtings, he seems even more stubborn than Sect Leader Charles from ZIOH. I get the same vibe from those 2 guys than i get from people on raw vegan forums, they're not interested in learning, only dogmas.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 09:39:59 am »
I feel like I can eat an enormous amout of raw meat compared to cooked as I never really feel that full after eating, though I've never really tested it. I will probably test this out one day, maybe after I've fasted and done some long distance hiking or what not.

Within a bite or two my throat always started closing and the next few bites my mouth started hurting, afterwards my joints would get kind of stiff or I'd get a (bad) headache or a cold.  Raw meat though I've been able to eat a cup full no problem at all.  I've never tried eating more in a meal.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

William

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 10:28:00 am »
The guy eats cooked meat, why is he at all relevant? I've read some of his writtings, he seems even more stubborn than Sect Leader Charles from ZIOH. I get the same vibe from those 2 guys than i get from people on raw vegan forums, they're not interested in learning, only dogmas.

He ate zero carb for 47 years at the time of writing; nobody else presently has done that, and he's in good physical condition. Note that his meat is cooked less than medium.

I did not find his stuff dogmatic, rather he seemed both wise and learned. He is entitled to opinions, more so than the less experienced.

Charles is a whole 'nother story.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 11:20:33 am »
try writing him an email that asks him to further clarify something or show your own opinion or idea about something, and his 'other' side comes out

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 11:23:59 am »
He ate zero carb for 47 years at the time of writing; nobody else presently has done that, and he's in good physical condition. Note that his meat is cooked less than medium.

I did not find his stuff dogmatic, rather he seemed both wise and learned. He is entitled to opinions, more so than the less experienced.

I found that link quite interesting, and so did every raw foodist I showed it to (who commented back).  I didn't show it to cooked foodists.  I was just talking with one last night who was doing terrible on 811raw vegan but is much more enlightened now and thinks the universe of me, due to me posting links to stuff like bear writes etc.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 01:00:30 pm »

If you read how he suggests to "cook" his meat, he only SEARS his meat.  Although when I was searing my meat I eventually got fed up with the hassle of searing.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

carnivore

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 02:49:03 pm »

You're right, his writings are completely irrelevant on this board. This guy is dangerous for people who are lost or don't think by themselves.
And he can't stand to be contradicted, like Charles.
Let us forget these 2 guys...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk