Author Topic: a strong mother...  (Read 62767 times)

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
a strong mother...
« on: May 13, 2012, 05:54:55 am »
...is what I want to be and this is my journal.

I have/ had a few diagnosed health problems:

- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis since 2009/10
- Pituitary Tumor since 2009/10
- HPV and pre cervical cancer since 2004/2010

They are somewhat better nowadays. I went off meds during my pregnancy to be able to breastfeed. No one could really tell me about breastfeeding with a pituitary tumor, so I just did my own thing and I'm fine!
Since then, my thyroid is functioning normal and my prolactin levels are also normal.

I am pretty fed up with doctors by the way, their way of "treatment", the negative thinking. This started during my pregnancy - I was pregnant, no surprise to me because my body has been functioning normal despite "all my conditions", but doctors were freaking out all over the place (is that possible ^^?), treating me like a medical wonder during my pregnancy ("we want to try to get you to the third trimester")...and acting like things could go bad any minute.
But, my pregnancy went REALLY well, and I started feeling more confident in my body.
Not just that, I refuse to believe that I am really so so sick, and that there is nothing that can be done.

I am only slowly transitioning to raw paleo. I tried going almost cold turkey once and it was not pretty. I need all my strength as a mom to a baby, and I also don't want to detox through my breastmilk.

I used to eat a lot of grains and pasta and now I am down to whole grain bread and the occasional rice dinner, without suffering from hypoglycemia. I am working hard on getting used to raw meat (raw fish is not a problem).
My diet is probably somewhat primal because I do eat large amounts of raw butter (and other fats from nuts, avocado) to stay "plump"...well I'm actually not plump, but I am not too thin atm, just really don't want to lose (been there) and I think I might like to gain a few pounds.

Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: a strong mother...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:03:06 pm »
I'm a bit dubious about cancer at the moment. A lot of cancers go away by themselves.

Welcome anyways strong mum!
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 06:56:48 am »
I'm a bit dubious about cancer at the moment. A lot of cancers go away by themselves.

Welcome anyways strong mum!

True, even doctors told me HPV will likely clear on its own, but after 8 years of it not clearing and abnormal cells growing I thought I should help ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:04:11 am by Suiren »

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 07:02:01 am »
...is what I want to be and this is my journal.

I have/ had a few diagnosed health problems:

- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis since 2009/10
- Pituitary Tumor since 2009/10
- HPV and pre cervical cancer since 2004/2010

They are somewhat better nowadays. I went off meds during my pregnancy to be able to breastfeed. No one could really tell me about breastfeeding with a pituitary tumor, so I just did my own thing and I'm fine!
Since then, my thyroid is functioning normal and my prolactin levels are also normal.

I am pretty fed up with doctors by the way, their way of "treatment", the negative thinking. This started during my pregnancy - I was pregnant, no surprise to me because my body has been functioning normal despite "all my conditions", but doctors were freaking out all over the place (is that possible ^^?), treating me like a medical wonder during my pregnancy ("we want to try to get you to the third trimester")...and acting like things could go bad any minute.
But, my pregnancy went REALLY well, and I started feeling more confident in my body.
Not just that, I refuse to believe that I am really so so sick, and that there is nothing that can be done.

I am only slowly transitioning to raw paleo. I tried going almost cold turkey once and it was not pretty. I need all my strength as a mom to a baby, and I also don't want to detox through my breastmilk.

I used to eat a lot of grains and pasta and now I am down to whole grain bread and the occasional rice dinner, without suffering from hypoglycemia. I am working hard on getting used to raw meat (raw fish is not a problem).
My diet is probably somewhat primal because I do eat large amounts of raw butter (and other fats from nuts, avocado) to stay "plump"...well I'm actually not plump, but I am not too thin atm, just really don't want to lose (been there) and I think I might like to gain a few pounds.

You already are. ( :

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 07:58:09 am »
A bit fat WELCOME to you.

Good for you being so strong! It takes a massively strong person to look the mighty medical establishment in the eye and to say I know I can do better. Brava.

I would like to let you know that I studied alternative cancer cures for about 5 years pretty much full time .... If you are ready to go alternative I would be glad to share with you some of what I have learned.

The most important thing I can tell you is that there are already amazing cures for cancer - what they don't have is a cure for cancer that can make someone wealthy or that won't stop the billion dollar cancer industry.

You have taken the most important first step that  you possibly could by taking processed grains and sugars out of your diet. More important than even going all raw or all paleo is getting rid of all the sugars that feed cancer cells so well. Your most powerful step will be to get totally grain and sweet thing free except fruits that have powerful cancer killing components. I can jabber on about how a cancer cell eats vs. a healthy cell - but believe you me - stopping the feeding of those cells is the foundation.

..... and Congratulations on your baby.

Dorothy

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 06:52:17 am »
You already are. ( :
Thanks to you! : )

Thank you for the warm welcome Dorothy!

The most important thing I can tell you is that there are already amazing cures for cancer - what they don't have is a cure for cancer that can make someone wealthy or that won't stop the billion dollar cancer industry.
I fully agree!

You have taken the most important first step that  you possibly could by taking processed grains and sugars out of your diet. More important than even going all raw or all paleo is getting rid of all the sugars that feed cancer cells so well. Your most powerful step will be to get totally grain and sweet thing free except fruits that have powerful cancer killing components. I can jabber on about how a cancer cell eats vs. a healthy cell - but believe you me - stopping the feeding of those cells is the foundation.

I know about this and would def. like to learn more! It makes me cringe to think that my diet feeds the cancer cells. I want to cut out grains asap. What is hard for me is dealing with hypoglycemia and weight loss.
I cut out pasta fully recently (before I was just eating a lower amount) and have since lost  weight again, despite supplementing with butter and olive oil. :( I also have episodes of really low energy.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 07:06:39 am »
Update:

- I have reduced pasta to a total minimum a few weeks ago. Really only like the occasional meal, and replaced it with lesser evils like potatoes. I also tried to eat a little bit less of my whole grain bread.
Sadly I dropped all the weight I had gained on raw butter and olive oil. Not sure what I did wrong. It truly sucks having to eat so much. I need to figure out a better way of getting a lot of calories into my body. I can only eat so much and on top of that things like butter really seem to keep me full for a long time.

- I have been having acne and pregnancy like symptoms, especially nausea and on an off cold like symptoms. I wonder if I am going through postpartum hormonal changes at 9 months pp or if I am detoxing.

- I have been doing well getting raw fish down. I ate unseasoned salmon recently and it was actually good.

- I'm upset about having eaten a standard diet somewhat often. When out or around my parents for example. I don't know how to explain my dietary change to them. My first attempt greatly failed.

- My family keeps bothering me about my son not eating solids, and only being allowed to 'taste' certain fruits atm.  My mother even tried to sneak him some whip cream!! And my dad is wanting to feed him a "good chunk of sausage"...wth.!  >:
He is 9 months old and can live off of breastmilk for a very long time. They seem to think bm turns into water at a certain point and is no good anymore *sigh*.

- We finally shipped my dog from CA to Germany. She is 8 yrs. old and has a skin problem that started with a flea allergy and now she permanently itches. I want her on a natural diet soon too and am trying to find out how to help a dog transition to a natural raw meat diet.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 02:15:17 am »
Suiren - glad that you are attempting to cut the carbs. Potatoes are not much better than pasta though. Can you replace all your carbs with berries? Berries are one of the best cancer fighters of all foods. Raspberries are a real secret weapon with at least 3 different cancer killers. If you can cut out all carbs except for berries your cancer would really start to have a hard time. That means no pasta, no bread, no potatoes. If you must have a grain brown rice is your best bet - but berries are a million times better. I like to eat them with a cream that I make from a mix of nuts that I have soaked (walnuts are especially good for cancer sufferers - and at least some brazil nuts as they have the all-important selenium). I put in that cream some cinnamon to keep blood sugars stable, some vanilla for flavor and as few dates as possible for sweetness. Add as much water as you like for consistency. If you have low temp dried the nuts like I do it takes more water. If you put this in your bowl and the fruit on top it's quite the delicacy. I eat this most days just because it's so delicious to me.

You are breast feeding so I'm not going to suggest a whole bunch of other things not knowing how they might affect your milk. But........ if you just do the above - getting rid of bad carbs and replacing them with good ones - that is the foundation of all alternative cancer therapies.

I have to find my list of foods that actively kill cancer cells. That might take some time but I will post it for you when I find it. The berries though are at the very top!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 02:16:14 am »
With transferring dogs to a raw diet - just do it all at once if they will eat it. Dogs are smarter than we are. ;) It's best according to many not to mix cooked and raw together. Dogs just take to it in a way that's amazing.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 03:34:47 am »
Hi Suiren,
lab cancer culture studies have shown turmeric and black pepper taken together have very strong anti-cancer properties - the only vegetable the promoted cancer was radish.

When I was carrying my wee one around I used to chew up carrot and feed him the pulp.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 08:27:57 am »
Carrots are particularly good - I'm just not sure if tumeric and black pepper would be good for a baby. One has to be careful with herbs. There are many herbs that are cancer healers - you'd just have to research each one in terms of the baby.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 05:23:46 am »
Dorothy,
I can try to cut out the potatoes and cut down on carbs more, but if I cut out too much at a time I will lose more weight, and having just lost 3kg, I am too close to a too low weight. I don't have much more to lose and if I do I know it will be even harder to get back up.
This weight gain thing is a really big problem for me, I was literally never able to gain weight, no matter how much I pigged out on bad foods like cake, sweets, fried foods, snacks.
I don't know what it is.

I did however buy plenty of berries today and will try to eat more berries. I don't "love" fruit sadly. I used to eat carbs and vegetables  -\

My tonsils are really bothering me today, it was better but right now I feel like I have something closing up my throat. It feels different from a regular sore throat. I hope it goes away.

I will try your cream recipe, thank you!

miker,
we bought some carrots too. I actually like raw carrots because I used to get into my horses food at the ranch if I had nothing else  ;D
My little guy does not eat solids yet, sometimes he tries some fruit, but he usually gags and throws up  :(, oh well his time will come. I was planning on breast milk being his main food source for a long time.

I never knew radish promotes cancer! I don't eat it often, but good to know.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 07:04:38 am »
Dorothy,
I can try to cut out the potatoes and cut down on carbs more, but if I cut out too much at a time I will lose more weight, and having just lost 3kg, I am too close to a too low weight. I don't have much more to lose and if I do I know it will be even harder to get back up.
This weight gain thing is a really big problem for me, I was literally never able to gain weight, no matter how much I pigged out on bad foods like cake, sweets, fried foods, snacks.
I don't know what it is.

I did however buy plenty of berries today and will try to eat more berries. I don't "love" fruit sadly. I used to eat carbs and vegetables  -\

My tonsils are really bothering me today, it was better but right now I feel like I have something closing up my throat. It feels different from a regular sore throat. I hope it goes away.

I will try your cream recipe, thank you!

miker,
we bought some carrots too. I actually like raw carrots because I used to get into my horses food at the ranch if I had nothing else  ;D
My little guy does not eat solids yet, sometimes he tries some fruit, but he usually gags and throws up  :(, oh well his time will come. I was planning on breast milk being his main food source for a long time.

I never knew radish promotes cancer! I don't eat it often, but good to know.

You need other ways to keep on weight and consume calories! With cancer - you really have no choice in the matter. Better skinny than cancer. The cancer itself can create the inability to gain weight because of cachexia. Did you doctor explain to you how that works? Cancer patients rarely die of the tumor - they die of malnutrition. The cancer cells steal all the sugars and only uses 10% of them fermenting them and making the rest of the system even more acidic. When you eat potatoes and pasta you are feeding the cancer - not your healthy cells! Whey is great protein source for cancer sufferers because the it lacks the amino acids that the cancer need. Have you heard of the Budwig cure? It uses raw dairy and flax seed oil and has a 90% cure rate since the 1950's. It's incredible and you can get calories that way. There are MUCH better ways to try to keep on weight! You feeding the cancer cells will just speed up the cachexia cycle and make it harder and harder for you to get nourishment and keep on weight. Cancer patients always have a tough time keeping on any weight because of how the cancer cells steal all the nutrition. You are also feeding a baby so you are under some serious stress nutritionally. Pasta and potatoes are not the answer. One of the things about cancer is that everyone with cancer has a compromised liver. That's where the budwig cure comes in. When the fat (flaxseed oil) is mixed with sulphured dairy then the fat can by-pass the sluggish liver and become water soluble without the liver and go straight into the healthy cells to feed them. The healthy cells are also starving because they cannot get the fats that they need!

I can talk you through how to make quark (what Johanna Budwig used in Germany) out of grass-fed raw milk if you have it and talk you through the whole thing. That is the first way in which your body will be able to get some real nutrition instead of just feeding the cancer cells.

Eating all raw foods takes a big load off the liver and the pancreas - and that's also part of why eating all raw works because without the liver and pancreas working right as they don't in all cancer patients then you just won't be able to digest and assimilate the food that you do eat. The more you eat potatoes and pasta the harder it is on your pancreas and your liver and the worse you will make it for yourself as time goes on.

You can't think short term - you have a baby who will need you for decades.

I know a lot about herbs and things to help your tonsils - I just don't much of anything about how they relate to a breast-feeding mother. I wish I could help. Your immune system is struggling.

Are you willing to take some supplements are you just going the raw paleo diet route and that's it?

I will do research for you if you are willing to go outside of the standard raw paleo approach. Budwig I know is not standard paleo - but that's one amazing cure for cancer and I know that can be used with breastfeeding.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 05:37:48 pm »
Sure! I would supplement with foods other than raw paleo too.

But I think there is a misunderstanding. I don't have cancer yet.
I was diagnosed with pre-cancer, which is just abnormal cells. It is not great either and I do know that abnormal cells basically are cancerous cells, and I do want to address that in my diet.
But I don't have a cancerous tumor keeping me from gaining weight. The HPV has caused abnormal cells on my cervix. The pituitary tumor is benign and by now probably gone or very small, since my prolatin levels are normal :)

I have always been this thin!   ;)
Since I was a kid, as a teenager I always wanted to gain weight, as a young woman, way before any health problems. I have been the same height and weight for 15 years. My body does not go under a certain weight easily (45kg) but not over a certain weight either (50). Really mysterious.

But it does make sense what you write about feeding the cancer cells, and it applies to me, no doubt. I want to get off all the foods that feed the cells. Just going cold turkey has only brought me episodes of fainting so far. I was completely paleo after my son's birth, and I was unable to function, let alone hold and nurse a baby. I was weak.

And my baby is the reason why I'm here and wanting to change my diet in the first place.

I know Quark, I would love to hear about it!

Eating all raw foods takes a big load off the liver and the pancreas - and that's also part of why eating all raw works because without the liver and pancreas working right as they don't in all cancer patients then you just won't be able to digest and assimilate the food that you do eat. The more you eat potatoes and pasta the harder it is on your pancreas and your liver and the worse you will make it for yourself as time goes on.
Makes sense, thanks for explaining.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 05:18:26 am »
Whew - the pituitary tumor is benign - that's a big load off! Really big. Thanks for explaining that.

Yeah - giving up sugar and carbohydrates can make you faint because the brain needs a constant supply of sugar to function and if your adrenals and pancreas are having trouble and are used to you just having sugar go straight into the bloodstream and you turn off the tap too fast - you can pass out - which is definitely not a good thing.

That's where fruits come in. They are sugars too - just better for you.

Again - what a relief that your tumor is benign. That is such a difference! Not that you shouldn't be getting off carbohydrates, but it's not as much of a "life or death do this now!" kind of thing. Being faced with a cancerous brain tumor requires extreme and immediate actions if one is to survive. I'm glad that you have some wiggle room. I'm glad that you are taking the pre-cancerous situation seriously though and have found your way here!  :D

Supplements aren't as necessary now that I know that the tumor was benign. Getting off the carbohydrates is probably the only thing you need to do, step by step, day by day. 

Do babies like cinnamon flavored milk? Cinnamon will help to heal the adrenals and balance the blood sugars if you like cinnamon and would like to add that to your foods.

Do you have access to raw grass-fed cow milk?

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 07:19:42 am »
I'm sorry the pituitary tumor caused so much confusion. They are always benign, I can't seem to edit it anymore though for more detail.
It is my least worry tbh, it could have been removed easily through the nose, but my doctor was trying to shrink it with medication. It is at least something I can get rid of easily.

The HPV and pre cervical cancer is my biggest worry, although I try not to worry. Found out about it in 2004 (PAP 3) and it never cleared. 2010 pre cancerous cells were found for the first time (CIN3 high grade lesion). I had a LEEP Nov. 2010. May 2011 at 26 weeks into my pregnancy I had another PAP test, which supposedly had some abnormalities, but nothing too serious? I just forced myself to get another PAP test a few days ago, I did not tell the doctor my medical history, so she is in for a surprise (or not?). Tbh I don't feel like getting checked for it too much. I don't really know why, I just feel there is not much else doctors can do for me, other than offer types of treatment I would not agree too.
I read a lot about cancer, my husband read more about it, and we came to the conclusion, that although it is dangerous, it is made into something far worse, maybe to scare people into getting treated. The LEEP surgery was a horrible thing, it was extremely painful, even being "numbed". It also posed the risk of miscarriage in pregnancy, and the scars on my cervix might have been the reason I never went into labor. Noone told me that before I had it done! (I was not pregnant at the time but soon after)

My son never seems to be picky about his milk and what I eat :) but I personally do love cinnamon.
That reminds me, I shared my strawberries with him today. I mixed them with breastmilk and he actually kept the few bites he ate down.
I don't eat fruits often also because I have a fructose malabsorption. However I found that natural fruit does not cause me much trouble. I think its rather high fructose corn syrup.

And yes, we do have access to raw grass fed milk from a farm. But I believe the cows get a few oats in winter? I have avoided milk lately because I read that the hormones in it can give mothers problems?
I have been experiencing hormonal problems for the past month and a half and I don't know why. I already had my postpartum hair loss, so I thought my hormones should be back to normal now. I have all the symptoms of the first trimester, including acne and nausea, but I am not pregnant... :(

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 07:40:24 am »
I never heard of pituitary tumor before - I just know it's up there and ya got blood/brain barrier issues up there. Any time you go a poking and scraping it can cause unexpected side effects like with your cervix. Glad that's probably not an issue any more. The pituitary is a pretty important little gland. It is concerning that you making tumors at all and have some cells acting wonky - but you are right - cancer does not scare me one bit any more. It's so easy to get rid of from my experience and understanding that I'm as afraid of cancer as of a cold. I would be more afraid if I got a flu these days because that would be so weird!

If there is any chance that you drinking milk might not be good for you breast feeding - then I can't think of any reason to do it! You are going on the RPD - getting rid of your sweets - those cancer cells don't have a chance. LOL.

After you are done breastfeeding and have gotten solid on your raw paleo diet - if the doctors still find anything - then we can talk more about bringing out some big guns to massacre any rebellious cells you might still have going on. We'll just talk off the forum. I'm getting frightened with all this blogger and the criminal charges stuff.

In my opinion you are so very much on the right track! Just keep on heading away from things that feed cancer cells and your immune system will have a major load off it's back when that challenge is over. 

You have a couple of your endocrine system glands under attack lately. Not surprising to hear that you are having some hormonal stuff go on.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 07:49:09 am »
I'm getting frightened with all this blogger and the criminal charges stuff.
That does not sound good. But it is always good to be careful about this type of stuff.

Today I am returning with a lot of changes.

Diet
- I don't even eat the occasional regular meal anymore. When at home I stick to my routine. The carbs I used to transition are pretty much gone.
My hypoglycemia problem seems fine, but sadly I have dropped some weight.  -[
I'm at 47.5 kg now. It is hard to eat enough raw butter to gain. We have not been able to afford nuts and avocado lately.

- I am getting better at eating raw meat. I can't believe it but my last "meal" almost tasted good. Granted, I do cheat by adding raw onions, tomato, sometimes a little salt and pepper and we did get raw soy sauce.

- Still trying to figure out why I get a sore throat once in a while. I thought it had to do with the fish possibly containing marine toxins (was that the term for it?), but I am really not sure. Been avoiding fish, since my throat got very bad a few times. Maybe it is an allergy to something in the sea? My throat feels more like closing up than a standard sore throat.

Health
My PAP test results came back. They were completely fine! I was so shocked to hear that, since I never had a normal PAP smear. I was expecting something more like less abnormal cells...but now I am not only cancer free, but apparently HPV free, or HPV is non detectable! Whatever the case, I'm happy!  :)

Hormones
I have been "treating" my acne break outs with Vitamin D, green clay, and my own breast milk. It cleared up right away and is now almost gone. However, I needed to go as high as 2000IU for my face to be all cleared up. Less resulted in a minor case of acne.
Clean clay is just a little more thorough way of cleansing for me, since I usually only wash once a day with water. Now I do water in the morning and green clay at night, since my skin is oilier than before. The breastmilk seems to heal any bumps over night and redness disappears within 3 seconds. It is also an exfoliant and my skin has been looking very smooth. I had the idea since b, is often used to heal cuts, scars and cracked nipples, so I was thinking it will help heal this too.

Hair loss
My hair seems to be growing back all normal, in fact it is a ton of new growth. Like a second set of hair. I have an actual, dense fringe of regrowth in the front where my bangs used to be. This time, the regrowth is straight and silky, like my texture used to be, not like the regrowth on meds in 2010, which was wavy and rough, frizzy..
I really do hope my hormones will stop affecting my hair now (or my skin), since this is the second time I experienced strong hair loss. But with my levels being better, I am positive. I don't consider myself to have Hashimoto's anymore either, although I still have some anti bodies.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 09:50:39 am »
I'm glad to hear you're HPV-free. 

As far as fish, you might want to try different kinds of fish and shellfish, to see which ones cause the problem, and which ones don't.  Once you figure it out, don't eat any more of the ones that do cause it, because those reactions  can get worse over time in some people.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 12:24:13 pm »
Suiren - wow - sounds like you are making fabulous progress - CONGRATULATIONS! wOOt!

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 07:37:23 pm »
Thank you both! I have not been this healthy in many years.

I'm glad to hear you're HPV-free. 

As far as fish, you might want to try different kinds of fish and shellfish, to see which ones cause the problem, and which ones don't.  Once you figure it out, don't eat any more of the ones that do cause it, because those reactions  can get worse over time in some people.

Thank you, I will try that. Sometimes I am not sure it is the fish though, yesterday I had raw beef left overs and they gave me a sore throat too. But the first day I ate them I was fine....maybe it is caused by bacteria? This sucks...:(

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 07:58:20 am »
Thank you both! I have not been this healthy in many years.

Thank you, I will try that. Sometimes I am not sure it is the fish though, yesterday I had raw beef left overs and they gave me a sore throat too.

Sore or just closing up?  There's a definite difference.  One is a potentially serious allergic reaction, the other is probably just a mild allergic reaction that won't get worse.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 01:58:26 pm »
Sore or just closing up?  There's a definite difference.  One is a potentially serious allergic reaction, the other is probably just a mild allergic reaction that won't get worse.

I am unsure. It feels a little different from a sore throat and it does feel "tight", like it is closing up. But I think if it was an allergic reaction I should get it right away I guess? Because it does happen at least hours after eating the meat, sometimes I only notice it in the morning when I wake up.
It is painful too, especially when swallowing, maybe it is just a weird type of sore throat with swelling.

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 02:02:09 pm »
I think it has to do with the high amount of bacteria that we are not used to. When I drank homemade kombucha I had a similar reaction. But I'm not sure exactly how it works...

Offline 00nightstorm

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 11:26:24 pm »
Make sure you don't take any iodine supplements!  (you probably already knew that).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk