Author Topic: Magnesium Stearate  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Magnesium Stearate
« on: May 24, 2012, 11:49:30 am »
One of the problems with taking even whole food forms of supplements for me has been the exipients - especially magnesium stearate - which I have read time and time again were bad with a capital B and in most supplements. Then I read this article - still not convinced that mag stearate is ok just because there are no studies showing it to be bad  or that even supplements in general are ok- but thought I'd ask the peeps here what they think about this article.

http://www.raysahelian.com/magnesiumstearate.html

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Magnesium Stearate
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 05:49:17 pm »
AS Ron Schmid pointed out, magnesium stearate is a trans-fat so is very harmful.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 11:33:07 pm »
You know something Tyler - when he wrote trans-fat and the general article was stating that mag stearate is good -- I read "saturated fat" -  because my brain associates saturated with good I guess -- weird.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 01:19:20 am »
Now - how about the point that the amounts are so tiny that compared to most foods the amount of trans-fat pales compared to the amounts in most foods?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk