Author Topic: Why cupcakes are the new cocaine-article  (Read 11665 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Why cupcakes are the new cocaine-article
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 05:58:56 am »
right now its pretty boring but for the last month this has been satisfying
breakfast, lunch , dinner=3 carrots, 2 egg yolks and 6 oz raw meat, maybe a little liver/heart/kidney too and copious greens(seriously like 1 head of lettuce+whatever wilds i can harvest) and some spices (some ground milk thistle, a little lemon juice or homemade mustard, garlic, whatever tastes good)

if i were on a farm right now i would be eating a LOT more fresh herbs, last season i would eat a few pounds a day of basil, fennel, dill etc...all blended up and a lot of zuchinni juice

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 06:21:35 am »
Hey Jessica - do you have the same reaction to berries? I feel just like you - like there are some yeastie beasties hiding away behind some crevice somewhere that come out only if I eat too much fruit - but I can eat berries every day and feel great from them. I eat them with ground up nuts though - the fat and protein help tremendously. I can't eat any processed sugar without feeling like crap almost immediately but my berries - especially when picked fresh - but even frozen - those feel good. But I totally relate that even that much could bring out your nasty yeastie beastie bregade. Oh - and my blood sugars as taken with a monitor never budge. It probably still takes something out of me to keep them there I guess - but it's really about something else for me I think.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 06:47:21 am »
i forgot to add that i eat a ridiculous amount of kelp and salt

dorothy:  i can do okay with strawberries but honestly fresh ones, i could eat til super bloated but they dont really have the exact same effect on my blood sugar, mulberries are a different story, i cannot be around mulberry trees.  i have definitely eaten 2 pounds of blueberries before and if i had had my way would have probably gotten more.  i think its just once one is over the threshold of having their blood sugar go out of wack its really difficult to get it stabilized again

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
  • May we all prosper in optimal health!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 07:41:01 am »
Didnt know it was that hard,dor.But at least you know what your taking into your body versus going into the grocery store,hoping their not lying about being free range/pasture raised. lol
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2012, 08:36:18 am »
Didnt know it was that hard,dor.But at least you know what your taking into your body versus going into the grocery store,hoping their not lying about being free range/pasture raised. lol

The hard part is just because I'm a lunatic bent on feeding my chickens a raw paleo diet and giving the life of riley! I know it's a world of difference in the eggs for me and the happiness for the birdies. Also, the work is totally off-set by the pure joy in keeping them. They make me belly laugh every day. They are like moving and clucking clown ornaments for the yard.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
  • May we all prosper in optimal health!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 08:52:05 am »
lol
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2012, 09:07:00 am »
Jessica, it's great if you know what makes you feel good. I have a problem too with yeasties and acidity, and have found like you that having a diet high in raw veges works well to reduce both of these... Amazing though how part of me wants to get high on acid by pigging out on peanut butter and cheese. Still I reckon by continuing with alkaline balance raw diet, including raw offal, that the yeast will settle back into its evolved niche and I will want to just eat foods that make me feel FANTASTIC!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk