Author Topic: Your screen name and why you chose it  (Read 13695 times)

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
  • May we all prosper in optimal health!
    • View Profile
Your screen name and why you chose it
« on: May 24, 2012, 10:29:33 am »
I chose the screen name Black Rhino because, ive always thought rhinos to be one of the coolest looking animals in the world. Also,because of their  tough nature.I like myself to them because no matter what is going on in my life i refuse to lay down,continuing to charge towards what i believe in to make me healthier.I believe im in the right jungle,foraging on the knowledge that this forum provides. Anyone else like to share?
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Your screen name and why you chose it
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 11:21:44 am »
I chose goodsamaritan because I've always wanted to be a goody two shoes "Paladin" type of guy.  I tend to use the same name in all other forums.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 11:56:01 am »
Back in the Olden Days, when we lived in caves and didn't have computers, there was a time called The Nineteen Seventies. All the young chicks worked in offices and did all their work longhand. When we wrote memos (because there was no email), we signed our names with cute symbols like daisies, smiley faces, and hearts. My signature was "Eve" followed by a little heart. By-and-by, I started getting memos addressed to "Eve Heart."

Fast-forward to the Nineteen Eighties, when we chatted on BBS, I used the alias eveheart. A few years later, my first email addy was eveheart@myISP.com. I still use eveheart to this very day. If I try to create a screen name and "eveheart" is taken, I get really furious because I had this name first.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 08:04:06 pm »
Eric is my first (given) name. I use it because I want to be honest with others about what my name is (not use a pseudonym) but at the same time I don't want to use my full name.

Offline intrigued

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:42:40 pm »
Out of my many internet monikers, Intrigued is what I used on forums when delving into something personal, random, or strange (per common thinking).  As expected, I use it a lot.  It's a symbol of my interest in all these different subjects.  I believe my first use was probably 10-15 years ago, when I signed up for a forum on a site with a ton of info on many different religions that I was interested in.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 01:14:24 am »
I am recent to the world of computers and internet anonymity so the first place I showed up they asked me my name and I told them. Everything I wrote on-line was true and still is. I just can't get used to the idea of acting like someone else or being someone else on-line than I am in real life - so I just don't. Too hard. Ever try telling a lie in real life and how confusing it can be and how it makes your energy system go haywire? I feel like I'm really talking to real people here so when someone talks to me they are using my real name and can know that I am real. No hiding - nothing false. It would upset my sense of self too much. Dorothy I am here and Dorothy I am at home and everywhere else.

.... and I also realize that this is all quite naive and that I just don't  have a clue what I'm doing.  ;)

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 04:21:05 am »
First I chose rawmike, as that is what my brother called me when I was RVF, but I wondered about basing my identity on rawness (nuts and dried fruit are considered raw by some, but eating toooo much of them sure made me sick!)

I'm not really very imaginative like some other posters with their excellent names and 'mike' was already taken, so I just added the initial from my last name to get miker.

I've since wondered about having a cooler ID like NeoApe or PaleoApe : )

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 07:18:35 am »
Miker is cool!
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 07:52:37 am »
Cheers Blackrino!

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 08:49:32 am »
Cheers!

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 08:50:25 am »
Anyone else?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 10:40:35 am »
I chose cherimoya_kid back when I was eating fruitarian, about 8 years ago.  It became my Yahoo groups ID, and I decided to use it here so people coming from the Yahoo rawpaleo group would know who it was.

I had this idea that cherimoyas and papayas were the ideal fruit for me to eat, since I am part Native American, and live in the Americas.  Cherimoyas also taste amazing, and tend to be higher Brix than other fruit.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 11:52:13 am »
i have stumbled onto cherimoyas only twice.  and immediately i understood why you called yourself cherimoya kid.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 04:27:16 pm »
I chose DaBoss88 cause I thought it was kind of funny. Like ghetto funny, and I'm not ghetto at all so I thought it was sarcastic. My bdays 88 so I put an 88 at the end.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 05:25:29 pm »
I chose  the "tylerdurden" character from the film "Fight Club" because I am an anarchist by belief, though, sadly, I haven't had the guts  to put my thoughts into action, as yet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 06:58:04 pm »
Pretty much every yahoo ID was taken when I tried to become a member of the Raw Vegetables and Animal Foods RVAF forum so I picked the name of an Aboriginal place where I had worked.

I like it.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

CitrusHigh

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 07:25:00 pm »
I chose  the "tylerdurden" character from the film "Fight Club" because I am an anarchist by belief, though, sadly, I haven't had the guts  to put my thoughts into action, as yet.

At least you got some honesty going if that's the case!

I keep changing my name. My first one was citrushigh because my favorite strains of cannabis way back when I got the name were citrus strains like Cali Orange, grapefruit.

And Thoth because right now that's who and what I'm studying, Thoth aka Hermes Trismegistus the egyptian god of writing and 'magick'. Pretty fascinating, especially in light of more natural theories of the source of civilization and human development!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 11:29:08 pm »
At least you got some honesty going if that's the case!

I keep changing my name. My first one was citrushigh because my favorite strains of cannabis way back when I got the name were citrus strains like Cali Orange, grapefruit.

And Thoth because right now that's who and what I'm studying, Thoth aka Hermes Trismegistus the egyptian god of writing and 'magick'. Pretty fascinating, especially in light of more natural theories of the source of civilization and human development!

Hey Citrus Thoth - How would you feel about giving us a little heads up when you change your name? I'm glad to see you are still here! I thought you left.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 11:37:16 pm »
Maybe Citrus needs to put that in his signature.  Formerly known as CitrusHigh.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 12:09:27 am »
Good idea,gs

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 02:33:36 pm »
I have a script which generates me random 10-character strings, so I don't have to think about usernames and passwords :)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 10:17:14 pm »
i have stumbled onto cherimoyas only twice. 

That's the unfortunate part about living in the tropics.  You have so much wonderful local native fruit that you are less likely to import or grow non-native fruits. However, some of those non-native fruits can be awesome

I always wish that somebody would start growing durian and jackfruit in Costa Rica or other places in Central America to sell commercially in the US. 

CitrusHigh

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 05:46:55 am »
Hey Citrus Thoth - How would you feel about giving us a little heads up when you change your name? I'm glad to see you are still here! I thought you left.

haha Thanks Dorothy. I feel like every time a learn some significant new thing that reshapes the way I perceive the world it's like moving in to a new phase and the name switch just reflects that.  My world views have changed so much since I last went by that name that it's like a different person wrote that, in a sense. And actually that's kind of how natives do it now that I think about it. They would get renamed after some accomplishment or great act, they probably did it once or at most twice in a life, same principle though.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 06:43:20 am »
I chose Sabertooth for a couple of reasons. First off the image of a ferocious paleolithic predator prowling the outskirts of early human encampments, was appealing.

I also chose Sabertooth for the villain of the X-Men comics. Sabertooth like wolverine had a   remarkable ability to rejuvenate and had well developed primal instincts.

I believe that we have the power to mutate and adapt, perhaps not to the superhuman level of the X-men, but there is a Mutagenesis processes at work in all of life .
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 07:33:24 am »
haha Thanks Dorothy. I feel like every time a learn some significant new thing that reshapes the way I perceive the world it's like moving in to a new phase and the name switch just reflects that.  My world views have changed so much since I last went by that name that it's like a different person wrote that, in a sense. And actually that's kind of how natives do it now that I think about it. They would get renamed after some accomplishment or great act, they probably did it once or at most twice in a life, same principle though.

Keep in mind that in a physical tribe (as opposed to an internet tribe) people have faces that carry on associations. When you change your name others might not know that you are an old friend. It's a little bit like waking up to your tribe wearing a mask.

So - if you change your name again can I ask you a favor ... would you please let at least me know? I'd sure appreciate it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk