Author Topic: Living RP Adventures  (Read 32957 times)

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Living RP Adventures
« on: June 06, 2012, 05:35:02 am »
This journal is about my adventures transitioning to a living raw paleo diet and is seeking your guidance by providing a good oversight : )

My family have banned high meat experiments to the shed. The raw meat can stay in the fridge ("what do you mean it gets better with age and I can't put it in the freezer?")

Yesterdays diet:
RP - Greens + sprout smoothie, apples, mandarins, soaked almonds, fermented greens & whitebait, raw beef
semi-RP - raw bacon
CP - stir fry of bacon, mince, cabbage in coconut milk; lightly roasted pickled pork
Traditional - butter; cheese; marmalade; coffee; pinot noir

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Living RP Adventures
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 04:58:46 am »
Have been a glutton again over eating and moving into CP and MSD foods... need to remember to drink and find hunger between meals, plus get exercise twice a day.

Yesterdays best RP foods - bananas, mandarins, fermented greens/fish, raw beef, lump of 2 week room temp meat - interesting smell and taste, certainly still have a happy tummy this morning : )

This mornings RP - fermented greens/fish (I have been holding this against a dead tooth where I can feel a low level infection in the root and the tooth is feeling better), lump of stinky meat... Went walking up the hill through a fresh snow fall ' '   

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 04:45:00 pm »
gold kiwifruit, grapes, salad.
Overnight made fermented blended RPD smoothie with probiotics in a yogurt maker, ate for dinner with sour cream wrapped in bacon. Holding ferment against gum to help tooth.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:05:25 pm »
Is your intention to eventually be eating 100% raw paleo?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 02:13:09 pm »
@Haai, yes if RP gives me more aliveness and asleepness then I am keen to be 100%.
Any tips on how to achieve this?

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 02:55:09 pm »
Thinking about it the most important thing is to have a stable diet improvement, so maybe 90% RP with 10% low carb hi fat (sour cream, yogurt, butter, CP) would be a good place to get to : )

Today have eaten stinky meat, fermented greens/liver/kidney/heart (using yogurt maker & multi probiotics), bananas, chocolate (oops), fruit smoothie, stinky meat, ferment greens/organs, sour cream, apples, fijoas.

It was amazing to be swilling stinky meat around in my mouth - who would have thought it!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 08:43:08 am »
It has been tough visiting the dark side of carbo-topia... so this mornings solution was a RP pledge and a detox mix (liver kidney fish greens sprouts soaked coconut):

RP angles (vultures?) please help guide me on this path : )

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 01:46:31 pm »
Have been enjoying a butcher with organic grass fed lamb chops, they are nice and fatty. It's strange how little smell or taste they have compared to cooked. I guess taste buds will adjust with time. Easy to eat now I know not to chew too much!

High meat has been good - again surprisingly inoffensive smell, and not much taste. The meat disolved in my mouth - both our cat & hens liked to eat it.When I was in a cooked phase the smell made me feel sick.

Over ripe fruit that we would have fed to chickens is good too - seems very paleo. Plus some green offal smoothies.

Doing fabulous bowl motions, much more fun than while on SMD.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 10:44:25 am »
Have been really enjoying eating mostly RP foods and am feeling stronger and calmer than before. My favorite foods have been fresh raw lamb chops, Fijian tuna, fatty beef off-cuts, frozen baby cuttlefish, defrosted raw prawns, bananas, oranges, and green smoothies.
Fresh apples and kiwifruit are too acidic and hurt my teeth, after they are a couple of weeks older they can be OK.
Had a family BBQ today and tasted cooked steak, sausage & cuttlefish - it tasted not so good, so taste buds must be recovering.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 05:05:15 am »
RP diet has been going very well and many health benefits for me (listed below).

However, for some reason, emotional probably, have been eating oats, bread, jam and sugar over last two days and now have been experiencing the negative effects:

- Low endurance - easily fatigued, quickly start sweating and feeling a little dizzy
- Knee joint has started to ache for no reason
- Stronger headaches and more difficult to think straight
- Alternating constipation and diarrhea

My recovery plan is to follow this diet (approx by weight):
1/3 raw meat/fat/offal/seafood
1/3 raw low acid fruit - to help my teeth, eg bananas, over-ripe apples, dates etc
1/3 other plant matter - leaves, stems, nuts (love soaked almonds)

Plus tea with milk.

As listed on health topic my high RP diet health Improvements have been:
+ More stable energy levels, less fatigue, better mood
+ Lower back pain has gone, feeling strong
+ Hardly ever fart now - before I was farting all the time
+ Better tolerance of high and low temperatures
+ Good bowel motions, no constipation, rectal bleeding stopped
+ Knee pain - random internal joint pain gone
+ Dead tooth pain - from root canal removal, ache gone
+ Headaches - former constant background headache reduced
+ Sleeping - former insomnia gone
+ Relaxed jaw - less jaw clenching and tooth grinding (a sign of pain in animals)

Note to future self - REMEMBER THIS!!!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 01:15:30 pm »
Before - 80~90% raw vegan, no exercise, too skinny, get cold easily:

After - 80~90% raw paleo, no exercise, I'm very pleased with improvement to my physique and posture - feeling much stronger, more erect, and with a nice layer of fat:

Warm fermented blended meat (inoculated with yogurt) with warm fermented leek jus on a bed of purple cabbage:

Interesting grow on surface came from broad spectrum probiotic sprinkled on top, including a beneficial yeast, all went down a treat and tummy been feeling great ever since, even with a few 'bad' foods down the hatch . The meat inoculation was with B.O.D. strain of Bifidus (Bacillus Laterosporus).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:25:53 pm by alive »

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 07:31:43 pm »
After realising that many of my symptoms relate to sugar / carb processing problems I have been eating low-carb and am feeling stronger, good energy, better sleep. My staple food is lamb chops, plus some fish, carrots, purple cabbage, fermented RAVF, walnuts & hazel nuts. This is very physically satisfying and it is obvious that not much food consumption is required on this high energy diet.

I have been reducing my cheating and directing it to low carb foods (raw bacon, peanut butter, cooked chicken, cheese) which is helping.

Now I feel more energy I am finding work and family easier and I have started daily exercising - hill walking so far.

Thanks to Inger's posts, I have just started eating blended fish heads & fish offal, with stinging nettles from the garden.

I have stopped using my vaporiser and am focusing on breathing only fresh air, which is a great step forward :)

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 04:40:31 am »
My taste buds are adapting to this RPD - eating raw lambs heart, kidneys, and liver now tastes fine. I am interested to hold these foods against my tongue to really taste them. People ask what does it taste like, and I can only really say 'it tastes like raw liver' As someone who wouldn't dissect frogs in biology I am pleased to be able to slice & eat animal bits just fine.

I still wake up tired and with a headache, both of which persist throughout the day, but I am now enjoying night long sleep and consistent energy throughout the day. I have been doing aerobic exercise and eating clay to help with detox.

Since I have problems with my brain I am keen to try eating brain to see if that would help - I will refine the fish head processing to pre-chop before blending.

I am feeling very strong in myself and I love having this solid evolutionary diet philosophy. I have been reading a book about the importance of eye contact and put this into practice at our Tamariki (meaning children in Maori) School promotion stall at the Mind Body Spirit festival. It was great to look people in the eye and ask 'have you heard of Tamariki School'.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 03:17:06 am »
Feeling like crap today with headaches, lethargy and bloating today after eating custard last night.
This cycle seems to be smoke dope, which creates unnatural eating desires (the munchies), eat crap. feel like crap, drink coffee to encourage bowel movements to get rid of crap, smoke more dope to feel better about feeling like crap...   -[

2 weeks ago I remember feeling great - energy, clarity, contentment, only eating when hungry, eating variety meats until satisfied.

Then carbo-addiction emotional eating returned to bloat me up like this:

I am thinking the best path to recovery is to eat low energy raw vegetables for several days to provide nutrients with gentle exercise to burn off overloaded energy stores, then when my guts feel recovered to restart with variety and high meats to regain aliveness  :)

I want robust mental and physical health again please.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 07:10:30 am »

This cycle seems to be smoke dope, which creates unnatural eating desires (the munchies), eat crap. feel like crap, drink coffee to encourage bowel movements to get rid of crap, smoke more dope to feel better about feeling like crap...   -[

One of my stoner friends has mentioned this happening to him a lot.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 10:12:55 am »
Really brother? That's a bummer! I get the munchies when I puff too, but I make sure to have good food around and I gorge on that instead! Nothing wrong with gorging on grassfed heritage cream (unless you don't tolerate dairy!) or A raw smoothie of banana/truly free range eggs, or a nice, raw cole slaw made from scratch! The best way I avoid eating shit, is by not buying shit! If I can avoid the urge to pick it up while I'm at the store, battle's pretty much over! Of course if you have fam that is not RVAF, or is eating that other stuff, makes it tougher because they are still buying that stuff. But it's a process, doesn't happen over night, and, if you choose, you can learn to puff AND still eat healthfully, of course it will be no great loss if you quit burning anyhow, it's a nicety not a necessity!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 12:24:13 pm »
@Thoth = are your family all RP?

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 03:57:37 am »
@Haai - on reflection of my compulsive / addictive relationship with food I realise that 100% RPD will work best for me.

My taste buds are making good progress and now I am happy to bite into whole grass fed lambs heart, liver, and kidney. Sometimes I think that this is disgusting, but quickly remind myself that these thoughts are just social conditioning. My skin is feeling great, and my cracked feet are now soft and supple, from this natural dietary animal fat sourced 'mosturiser' being applied from the inside.   ;D

Yesterday in a halfhearted effort to be raw got dried fruit for myself. After over consuming this very sweat stuff I woke up at 3 am with night sweats, felt cold the rest of the morning, and woke up fatigued - so back to low carb for me. It's unfortunate how stupid my MSD addled brain can be! To assist in recovery I am eating fermented greens and high meat daily.

As people propose on this forum I am very interested in starting a hiit type program to boost my metabolism and also intermittent fasting to re-balance my digestion.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 04:31:05 am »
Hey Alive,
No, but I do the grocery shopping and I don't buy shit for other people, they have to get it for themselves but won't go to the store unless there is no food in the house, so not much for junky food shows up here. It is usually real food at bare minimum, and anything that is not real food doesn't tempt me at all, I don't like the taste of processed foods any longer plus the psyche factor re what it is doing to my health, not worth it anymore, no draw!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 07:29:08 am »
Still having a bit of a boring time detoxing from previous episode.

I thought eating fruit would be OK as it is instincto - but I guess that only works once the body has rebalanced, as I had night sweats smelling of luncheon sausage, return of back ache, feeling cold, insomnia etc.

On the positive side I have managed to keep away from smoking and cooked food.

It seems from this forum that wild seafood and grass fed offal are the super foods for me to focus on, with some hunger, exercise and veges mixed in. I suppose I could also treat myself to some raw grass fed beef and lamb :)

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 12:39:21 pm »
Well my attempt last week at 'instincto' eating a medium amount of fruit resulted in constipation, sore kidneys, and sore lower back. I expect that a microbe imbalance caused my bowels to become irritable and lock up. I have been eating lots of fresh and fermented herbs to no effect. So I used a garden hose enema to help - hose on low, apply hose (no need to insert) wait until you feel quite full, hang upside down to assist, repeat. Starting to feel better, but still more blocked higher up needing to progress for total recovery. Previously smoking herb helped to relax my bowels in this situation, but I'm over that now. Maybe a cup of black coffee would help - that always makes my body want to go :)

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 03:38:03 am »
OK had two strong cups of black coffee this morning and its toxic effect has worked and got my bowels moving again. It has made me feel more anxiety, but that's worth it as a temporary measure to get things moving.

After the constipation caused my lower spine to go straight it is now  regaining its correct curve (praise the lordosis) as the pressure is reduced, and my tummy is returning to its fabulous slim RPD state :)

Whats on the menu today... beef liver, high dirty fish, sunflower seeds (very affordable), and I better remember to have some fresh eggs and greens :)

I discarded the possum intestines since I am not quite ready yet for that experiment - if the possum ate foods that would largely be toxic to us (tree leaves) does that mean the intestine contents would also be toxic, or would the possum digestion and liver have already removed most of these?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 10:27:11 am »
I discarded the possum intestines since I am not quite ready yet for that experiment - if the possum ate foods that would largely be toxic to us (tree leaves) does that mean the intestine contents would also be toxic, or would the possum digestion and liver have already removed most of these?

I'd be super-careful about eating possums or basically any creature that lives around humans and eats their garbage.  If you can be sure the creature hasn't been eating garbage, or eating in or near fields that have been sprayed with pesticides, you're probably OK.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 11:30:00 am »
@CK - possums don't eat garbage over here. We live on the edge of a forest reserve where they eat 100% wild organic tree foliage. My main concern is that there are poison bait traps in the reserve, so I need to find out if they are using a fast or slow acting bait. Fast acting should be fine as they will die before getting here, but if it is a slow acting bait then I could end up poisoning myself. The other more minor concern is they are known to carry tuberculosis, but TB has never been found in my area so this should be fine. Next I want to try trapping a rabbit as there are heaps hopping around the place... maybe the possum trap would also work for rabbits...

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2012, 11:49:28 am »
@CK - possums don't eat garbage over here. We live on the edge of a forest reserve where they eat 100% wild organic tree foliage. My main concern is that there are poison bait traps in the reserve, so I need to find out if they are using a fast or slow acting bait. Fast acting should be fine as they will die before getting here, but if it is a slow acting bait then I could end up poisoning myself. The other more minor concern is they are known to carry tuberculosis, but TB has never been found in my area so this should be fine. Next I want to try trapping a rabbit as there are heaps hopping around the place... maybe the possum trap would also work for rabbits...

Yeah, I'd definitely check on those poisons. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk