Author Topic: Who is to blame?  (Read 2318 times)

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
Who is to blame?
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:47:49 pm »
As i crack open a few raw eggs for breakfast I think about something that pops up in my mind a lot.  Who is to blame for the terrible diet/lifestyle most people in America maintain?  How did "Good" food become "gross?" How did "normal, natural" food become only something "health nuts" eat?  It just seems so backwards to me.  God/nature created all of the real food, but we have been taught to reject it.  I don't think there is a real "answer" to this question but just wanted to see some viewpoints.

For me, I think there is no one group to blame.  I think human's are gullible animals that can be programmed by other human beings.  Humans such as those that work for food corporations, pharmaceuticals, some governments, religious institutions, etc.  They know how to play tricks on people.  Also, I think we are creatures of habit and convenience.  Unfortunately, in America, most people relay their own responsibility for their health into the hands of corrupt upper class.  So i guess i blame people up top doing the programming primarily, but also ourselves for not listening to God and our inner voice about what is "good" and what is "not good."

-Joe

CitrusHigh

Re: Who is to blame?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 09:15:15 pm »
You pretty much nailed it IME Joe. Why is it that it is always the exact wrong thing being recommended by those in power? I find it hard to believe it's just a coincidence, seems conscious to me. And it turns out to be a good way to suppress the masses. Make them retarded, ill, braindead, religious, and they seem to follow wherever you want to lead them.

But like you said, it's a mix of everything. People are catching on though, it is seriously only a matter of time before the paradigm flip flops completely. Now that it's 'cool' to be green and in to sustainable living, it will become more a way of life, and as people actually get healthier it will be a domino effect. Life is about to get super awesome! I mean, it already is, more accurately the masses are about to recognize just what a true gift it is to be here!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 09:41:17 pm »
There's a simple reason for promoting junk food. The more processed a food is, the longer shelf-life it will have, and so the company makes more of a profit. Basically, most individuals nowadays just don't care about others and want to make a quick buck. A tiny few(4%) will pay some attention but not do much about it, while perhaps 1%  will do something constructive such as doing a weston-price-style diet or a raw diet etc.

Same goes for members of the public. Cooking slowly over a long period of time in water etc. is hated by lazy people nowadays(even though it's "less worse" than other forms of cooking),  so that they would rather poison themselves and  ultimately live shorter, unhealthy lives  than waste any more time, and they are too brainwashed to even consider eating raw animal foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:00:22 pm »
read "the great cosmic mother"

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 10:08:33 pm »
I agree with everybody,

The paradigm is definitely shifting.  Whether or not that has to do with 2012 who knows =) JK, but really yea I just ran into a guy in the grocery store who asked me if i was a vegetarian because i was buying basically fresh fruits/veggies.  I said no, just trying to eat healthy.  He said he hasn't had a "vegetable" besides potatoes in about a few weeks at least and eats fast food a lot.  It is being more accepted every day.  I am glad the "raw meat" for dogs is catching on pretty quick.  And people want to know how celebs can always maintain super-fit bodies.  People are slowly realizing that they can't trust people in power to make decisions for them.  And Tyler, I think people definitely don't like slow-cooking or roasting foods the old fashioned way.  I don't think it is always a conscious choice though.  I think it has to do with the fact that we are basically brainwashed into always "being productive."  Whether this means working for that promotion so we can buy that new car, clothes, or whatever.  We are never supposed to just enjoy "being" or doing things that are wasteful, such as cooking healthy food =)

-Joe

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk