Author Topic: A message from DopeDivinity  (Read 4339 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
A message from DopeDivinity
« on: July 10, 2012, 05:41:56 am »
oh no, ray sent me a message through facebook saying he was banned and he wanted me to pass this along
i hope you guys will rethink this??

"Hello jessica. If you could please post this message on the rawpaleoforum since I have no ability to.

It seems I have been banned on the false assumption that I'm just a troll with some sort of agenda to trash the forums, or whatever. This is false and if one successfully removes that bias, they will see that my posts are perfectly legitimate.

Perhaps I'm Overly Sensitive, but I'm honestly a little bit hurt that I'm being treated as an enemy and not as an equal.

If I were an established member of the forums, than even some of my posts that seem outlandish would be legitimate. But once again, the strong but false bias that I am a troll is clouding people's judgements.

If its possible, I would love to be able to continue to contribute to the forum and use it as a resource, without being scrutinized as someone lesser

I guess that's it :("

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: A message from DopeDivinity
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:02:01 am »
Why was dopedivinity banned?  I thought him to have some emotional problems to work though, but he seemed to be trying. Did I miss something he said?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 07:00:37 am »
Maybe he just needed to cool off for a few days, some bans are just temporary. His posts were escalating in the vegan troll manner that seemed to be a pattern trying to discredit the forum a la agent of vegans.

I'll ask the other mods for a review. But i cant promise anything.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 08:54:49 am »
I had a chat with him and he has decided to leave the forum and experiment with other diets for a while.

He said he may come back eventually but until then he needs to find what works for him.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

CitrusHigh

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 11:22:39 am »
DD, when you read this, you can learn a lesson here.

If you are legit, then that is awesome that you were being genuine. But, you have to learn politics and play the game. Empathize with the mods and remember that this forum is their baby. They want it to reach the greatest audience and not scare people off because of things that are very strange (even for a forum dedicated to the consumption of raw meat) or because of energy burning trolls. In other words, they don't want to give newcomer's a bad impression and opponents of the diet more ammunition for attack.

Your posts had all the flavor of vegan trolls, but perhaps with some subtle differences.

Still, you should have gotten the hint when people (myself included obviously) started speculating that you were indeed a troll. Instead you brushed it off and said that we should trust you just because.

Wow, deja vu moment just now, that always weirds me out, what is that about anyway??

For an example of what I'm talking about with attributes of vegan trolls, please see any and all of DurianRider's videos on youtube, but obviously specifically the ones condemning the consumption of raw meat. See if you can notice how his sarcasm and condescension resembles some comments you've made.

Cheers and please don't be a victim. Everything happens for a reason, you've asked this experience in to your life for some reason, maybe meditate on that for a while. All the best!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 09:06:59 pm »
DD, when you read this, you can learn a lesson here.

If you are legit, then that is awesome that you were being genuine. But, you have to learn politics and play the game. Empathize with the mods and remember that this forum is their baby. They want it to reach the greatest audience and not scare people off because of things that are very strange (even for a forum dedicated to the consumption of raw meat) or because of energy burning trolls. In other words, they don't want to give newcomer's a bad impression and opponents of the diet more ammunition for attack.

Your posts had all the flavor of vegan trolls, but perhaps with some subtle differences.

Still, you should have gotten the hint when people (myself included obviously) started speculating that you were indeed a troll. Instead you brushed it off and said that we should trust you just because.

Wow, deja vu moment just now, that always weirds me out, what is that about anyway??

For an example of what I'm talking about with attributes of vegan trolls, please see any and all of DurianRider's videos on youtube, but obviously specifically the ones condemning the consumption of raw meat. See if you can notice how his sarcasm and condescension resembles some comments you've made.

Cheers and please don't be a victim. Everything happens for a reason, you've asked this experience in to your life for some reason, maybe meditate on that for a while. All the best!

wow and lame...

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 11:10:12 pm »
I'm confused.

DopeDivinity claims he was banned, but wodgina, by stating they spoke and DD decided to leave the forum, implies that he deleted his own account. Last I checked it's impossible to delete one's own account.

What exactly is going on here? And why can't forum moderators just be transparent about decisions they've made to ban people?

CitrusHigh

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 11:26:43 pm »
ouch Jessica, that hurt, but still stands!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 12:37:36 am »
I'm confused.

DopeDivinity claims he was banned, but wodgina, by stating they spoke and DD decided to leave the forum, implies that he deleted his own account. Last I checked it's impossible to delete one's own account.

What exactly is going on here? And why can't forum moderators just be transparent about decisions they've made to ban people?

There is no need to be confused.

Wodgina did not imply deleting one's own account.

We were very transparent.

Thoth was right on the button and explained it pretty well... Not lame... Wow is right.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk