Author Topic: I love salt  (Read 68299 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: I love salt
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2013, 09:03:39 pm »
Plenty of people have drunk a mouthful of seawater accidentally with no problem.  I know I have.
Me too, and quite often!

svrn, you seem to be unaware of the Atlantic crossing on a life raft by Dr. Alain Bombard who demonstrated we can survive on raw fish, plankton, rain water and regular small amounts of seawater.
http://everything2.com/title/Alain+Bombard
Bombard set out to establish how to survive in the event of being shipwrecked, cast away on a life raft. He brought all his humanity and practical knowledge to bear on the subject, combined it with his love of the sea, and crossed the Atlantic Ocean in a rubber boat to prove his point.
http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/instincto-opinion-on-water/msg39691/#msg39691

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2013, 09:17:45 pm »
Me too, and quite often!

svrn, you seem to be unaware of the Atlantic crossing on a life raft by Dr. Alain Bombard who demonstrated we can survive on raw fish, plankton, rain water and regular small amounts of seawater. http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/instincto-opinion-on-water/msg39691/#msg39691

Me too... I did in Norway! I do believe salt is a natural thing for us. I LOVE the salty water in the oyster shell, I always am very careful to not spill one drop of it... and I love to munch on salty seaweed too. Yum.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2013, 01:15:49 am »
The water in the oyster shell is NOT the same as the ocean water.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2013, 01:24:30 am »
Can someone please expliane to me which other raw food on this planet has to be consumed in small amounts under penalty of death?

and the fact that dish swim in salt water has nothing to do with the question at hand which is what happens to our mucous membranes when they come in contact with salt Not what happens when it comes in contact with our skin whic is actually very healthy.

And I love all thse statement by people which prove absolutely nothing.

Okay so the guy was able to drink small amounts of sea water and not die on his life raft, does nobody else see how this proves absolutely nothing?

Please tell me, if i were to do the same thing as this guy and drank diet soda every day instead of the sea water and survived would I have proved that aspartame is a healthy part of the human diet? Im sure this question will be avoided however like the other tough ones I ask, or maybe it will be responded to with more irrelevant facts.

ok great, people have survived a gulp of sea water. The fact is anyone who spends time in the water professionally and teaches people whatever it is they will always tell people not to drink the salt water...because it CAN kill you!

please someone also answer me which other raw food can kill you other than salt water. How long can people avoid the tough questions?
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2013, 01:56:13 am »
Svrn, you're not asking tough questions.  You're just being simultaneously wrong and rude. It sounds like you're having a rough week here.  Do you need to take some time off from the forum to calm down?  I often find that people's posts are less productive if they're having a bad day or a bad week, including my own.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2013, 03:08:35 am »
Can someone please expliane to me which other raw food on this planet has to be consumed in small amounts under penalty of death?

please someone also answer me which other raw food can kill you other than salt water. How long can people avoid the tough questions?
Every single food ingested in excessive amount can kill you, even plain soft water!
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html#DANGERS   :)
The whole article is also well worth reading:
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html  8)
And if you want to laugh some more at gullible people and politicians (over 50 % of the population in modern industrialized countries  >:), check this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax   ;D ROLF
Some wild berries and wild plants are a neat example of foods which can be beneficial in small amounts but deadly when the proper amount is exceeded.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:31:47 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2013, 07:00:46 am »
Svrn, you probably either were swimming in an area with contaminated water, or your body just really didn't need salt at that time. Plenty of people have drunk a mouthful of seawater accidentally with no problem.  I know I have.

Me too, and quite often!

Me too--multiple times (during my years in Florida and eastern Massachusetts).
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2013, 10:12:40 am »
Every single food ingested in excessive amount can kill you, even plain soft water!
And if you want to laugh some more at gullible people and politicians (over 50 % of the population in modern industrialized countries  >:), check this one:
Some wild berries and wild plants are a neat example of foods which can be beneficial in small amounts but deadly when the proper amount is exceeded.

Great answer! Excellent points.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2013, 12:58:17 pm »
I have been drinking plenty of own well water with added celtic sea salt.. I crave it at times. There are days without, and the days when I can drink so many glasses of that! And I feel great  :)

The 1 year old boy of my sister almost ate all  ;) my French sea salt I had ordered from Orkos, he just loved it, plain as it is. I do think we feel if we need salt or not. When it tastes great, there must be a reason - when not, no way would I force take it because that would have a reason too why

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2013, 03:35:11 pm »
Svrn, you're not asking tough questions.  You're just being simultaneously wrong and rude. It sounds like you're having a rough week here.  Do you need to take some time off from the forum to calm down?  I often find that people's posts are less productive if they're having a bad day or a bad week, including my own.

im actually having one of my greatest weeks ever. Im really loving life right now!

Funny how people still wont answer my questions though.

id also like to remind you that you are in the hot topics section of the forum right now where people debate. 

Also Im not debating with myself here. It takes two to tango.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:45:22 pm by svrn »
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2013, 03:36:08 pm »
I have been drinking plenty of own well water with added celtic sea salt.. I crave it at times. There are days without, and the days when I can drink so many glasses of that! And I feel great  :)

The 1 year old boy of my sister almost ate all  ;) my French sea salt I had ordered from Orkos, he just loved it, plain as it is. I do think we feel if we need salt or not. When it tastes great, there must be a reason - when not, no way would I force take it because that would have a reason too why

you know what else tastes great? anything with msg in it. Your mind cant help thinking so.

also i remeber a few years back with my nephew we would always wonder where so many missing crayons went. One we caught him eating one and solved that mystery. Perhaps we should adopt crayons as part of a healthy diet?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:48:46 pm by svrn »
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2013, 03:42:35 pm »

FUnny how the only thing you name is water, something that I have repeatedly said is dangerous for human consumption on this forum. I wouldnt recommend anyone drink water partly due to the fact it can kill you...just like salt can.

perhaps you can point me to some of these berries which are fine to eat regularly as long as you dont have too much?

Seeing as iv said on this forum many times that water is dangerous id say this was not an adequate answer.

so please point me towards a raw food that can kill you if you eat too much.

-----------

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2013, 04:53:51 pm »
also i remeber a few years back with my nephew we would always wonder where so many missing crayons went. One we caught him eating one and solved that mystery. Perhaps we should adopt crayons as part of a healthy diet?
Are crayons found in nature? Do they grow on trees or on/in the ground? Should we adopt sweet tasting ethylene-glycol as part of a healthy diet?

FUnny how the only thing you name is water, something that I have repeatedly said is dangerous for human consumption on this forum. I wouldnt recommend anyone drink water partly due to the fact it can kill you...just like salt can.
Funny! Tell that to every living thing on Earth, to every one including the most remote hunther-gatherers.   

perhaps you can point me to some of these berries which are fine to eat regularly as long as you dont have too much?
Any one.

Seeing as iv said on this forum many times that water is dangerous id say this was not an adequate answer.
Should we go and live on a waterless planet, then?

Any food, every food, raw or cooked, I told you. It’s becoming ridiculous and I won’t anymore waste time to answer you.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:09:52 pm by Iguana »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2013, 06:56:01 pm »

Seeing as i`ve said on this forum many times that water is dangerous id say this was not an adequate answer.

svrn... are you serious? I am starting to think you write weird stuff. I should be dead long ago drinking up to 4 liters  of water a day, but I am thriving. Animals drink water too...

That fluoridated and otherwise poisoned water is bad for us is clear, but pure clean spring water? Ridiculous.

So you drink seriously no water whatsoever? What do you consume for food in one day? No fluids? Fruit? Coconut water?
I need explanations.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:16:08 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2013, 08:44:52 pm »
He drinks a tremendous amount of raw milk, Inger.

And Svrn, you just have no proof that unrefined, good-quality sea salt is fundamentally different than any other raw food or mineral supplement.  Some people do much better with it than others.

For instance, I used to eat a lot of Terramin clay for several years, because my body craved it.  However, I feel very little taste for it now, probably because I'm saturated with the minerals that it contains.  Some people might have taken it for longer than I did, or even NOT as long.  We all have different moments of taste change with different foods and minerals. This is because we all have different levels of need for the minerals and nutrients within specific foods and minerals.

I've seen cows escape from their fenced-in fields and drink ocean water directly from the ocean, many times. These cows are 100% grassfed, but they still crave ocean water.

Many wild animals seek out specific mineral deposits to eat, because their bodies crave those minerals.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2013, 09:23:55 pm »
Yes, their instinct leads them to ingest salty stuff.

svrn drinks milk of domesticated animals ( I suppose he could never get milk from a wild one!  ;) ), but there's water in milk, as in almost all foods except in fully dehydrated ones. It makes no sense.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2013, 12:03:40 am »
Oh.. now I understand. He drinks lots of fluid.  ;)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2013, 02:16:03 am »
svrn... are you serious? I am starting to think you write weird stuff. I should be dead long ago drinking up to 4 liters  of water a day, but I am thriving. Animals drink water too...

That fluoridated and otherwise poisoned water is bad for us is clear, but pure clean spring water? Ridiculous.

So you drink seriously no water whatsoever? What do you consume for food in one day? No fluids? Fruit? Coconut water?
I need explanations.

I havent had water in months. WHenever I drink it I get sick. I do like to drink sparkling natural mineral water mixed with some apple cider vinegar lemon and honey occasionally and that seems to be fine for me in moderation. Drinking water with nothing else is always instant nausea for me though non sparkling mineral is especially nausea causing for me and I avoid it completely. This is experience is only with the highest quality water such as apollinaris including wild spring water I harvested myself. I havent had poor quality water in years.

I drink a half gallon of milk a day and eat up to one small fruit per day and often no fruit. I also drink vegetable juices from my green star juicer.

My favorite thing is blood however and when I have that I drink a lot less milk and vegetable juice. Unfortunatly my government doesnt allow the sale of raw blood and theres no large market for it like with raw milk so I have no source.

It is also common knowledge that many carnivores (i dont know what percentage) et all of their required fluids from blood, I believe that humans are also designed to get all their fluids from blood.

Theres lots of info of zoologists being surprised to discover that the carnivores they study dont drink any water.

Im not sure where it says it on the website but I recall reading some things from the owens foundation where they studied a pride of lions and saw none of the lions drank any water in 4 years!

this is quite common.

http://www.owens-foundation.org/

i will spend time and make sure to dig up the relevant information if anyone finds the above link unsatisfactory although I know that this si the foundation that did that particular study.

This stuff im writing isnt as obscure as you think thousands of other followers of the primal diet also go months and years without drinking any water just like me

also we shoudl refrain from using logic such as "i drink 4 liters a day and im alive so it must be fine". As raw food dieters this is the type of thing we all must have heard a hundred times from sad eaters who claim their diet is good just because theyv been eating it for years and are still healthy.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:33:30 am by svrn »
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2013, 02:28:50 am »
Are crayons found in nature? Do they grow on trees or on/in the ground? Should we adopt sweet tasting ethylene-glycol as part of a healthy diet?
Funny! Tell that to every living thing on Earth, to every one including the most remote hunther-gatherers.   
Any one.
Should we go and live on a waterless planet, then?

Any food, every food, raw or cooked, I told you. It’s becoming ridiculous and I won’t anymore waste time to answer you.

so heres the list of "foods" iv compiled from this conversation for which I have been shown proof of someone dying right away from consuming too much of

-ocean water
-water

two things which i have ALWAYS maintained are poisonous, so thank you for confirming my previous assertion.

please show me just one case of a person dying from berries not known to be inherently poisonous or any other raw food for that manner. Iv personally gathered a few pounds of raw mulberries last summer and ate them in one day with no problem other than a fairly bad sugar crash after due to excitedly eating them in the forest before i could get my hands on raw fat to eat with them. I couldnt see myself eating any more than that as I was stuffed.

so please add a raw food to the list.

-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2013, 03:08:19 am »
iguana, your comment about milking wild animals also comes from a place dogma regarding your view of paleo times.

There are many different views of what actually went on during paleo times including many doctors and scientists who say it is very likely that we couldnt have gotten out of paleo era without first domesticating animals

http://drcate.com/is-dairy-paleo-part-2-revising-history-with-new-perspectives-on-flocks-of-goats-femur-bones-and-feckless-nutritionism/

heres some info on that.

also something else to look into to open your mind is the lifestyle of siberian reindeer herders today such as the chukchi or nenets people who both drink lots of reindeer milk. Looking at how they manage their herd, one can easily see how this could have been done in paleo times as well, actually much moresimply than these people do it when done in a less harsh climate.

this probably warrants its own thread though, I will work on this in the next few and compile all my info on this topic for a more productive discussion on this.

stay tuned folks
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2013, 03:53:52 am »
Well, svrn, for one thing, there are plenty of berries that are poisonous in large amounts, but safe in small amounts. There's also the fugu fish, which can be deadly poisonous if not prepared correctly. These are raw foods.

Also, first off, you start out by condemning salt, then salt AND seawater, and now salt, seawater, AND freshwater.  Not to be unfair, but your list keeps growing.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2013, 04:23:40 am »
all three of those things were always on my list, just check my history of posts although this is the first time the topic of salt water came up.

which beries are totally safe in small amounts but poisonous in large amounts? I am not aware of any.

also the poisonous part of the fugu fish is poisonous in even the tiniest amount so does not fit the criteria of being a food since the tiniest portion is deadly, that part of the fish is not food.

food:noun
any nourishing substance that is eaten, drunk, or otherwise taken into the body to sustain life, provide energy, promote growth, etc.

based on this definition the poisonous organ of the fugu is not food.
-----------

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2013, 04:36:27 am »
your case is very specific and does not apply for most people.

most people feel just fine drinking a glass of water (5-6 oz).
i have absolutely no negative effects when drinking few gulps of sea water.
on the other hand, milk makes me feel like puking.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2013, 06:49:12 am »
I get negative effects from drinking anything other than water. Water also gives me many benefits. Without it, I desire to eat almost nonstop. I'm not kidding, I need about 2100 calories a day and I have gone eating double that for a week without water, all raw meats also. If I drink water after a meal I feel has a right proportion, then I feel satisfied. If I drink water again 2 hours later instead of eating, I get more energy and don't feel like eating another meal.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2013, 10:28:14 am »
Interesting dr. d I get the same effect from water but view it as a negative.

Water kills my appetite and I start to become malnourished. I dont see why you view consuming less food as a positive thing. THe more food I can get into me the better I feel.

THe problem with water and why it makes you not crave food is because it dilutes your digestive enzymes and alkalinizes your gut. This is especially bad for meat eaters since we need an acid gut. When it is alkalinized we lose cravings for meat.

People often mistake the fact that they get thinner when drinking water as a sign of being healthy. This is a complete fallacy, there is nothing healthy about being so thin that you have six pack abs. This is all the result of our sick society pushing starvation culture on the masses in preparation for austerity.

I consume about 1500 to 1800 calories in milk with added cream per day alone. I consume about 3000-3500 calories per day total every day for about a year now. I feel so much healthier with layer of fat covering my whole body. No six pack here, I found that most six packers I meet are weaklings, all truly strong men have a belly of some sort, look at the strongman competitions.

What did you replace your water with when going off water?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:34:47 am by svrn »
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk