Author Topic: Blood  (Read 9511 times)

Offline davidg

• Forager
    • View Profile
Blood
« on: October 27, 2008, 08:16:55 am »
What's the deal with drinking blood? Anyone experimented?   

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Blood
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 05:50:36 pm »
I've drunk blood quite often, as I get my raw organs/wild hares in vacuum-packed plastic, so there's always lots of blood in them. Trouble is, I only like the taste of blood from wild animals such as the wild hares - blood from grassfed beef etc. just isn't the same.

I find raw blood gives me a real lift energy-wise, perhaps because of the iron in it, among other trace elements?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 08:49:00 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 08:20:57 pm »
If blood has all that salt, then why is salt toxic - as Dr. AV claims???

http://www.fineli.fi/food.php?foodid=794&lang=en

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 08:51:27 pm »
The point is that there are natural salts in blood(and in other raw food) so that one doesn't need extra artificial salt from nonorganic sources, and ingesting too much salt, especially from nonorganic sources, is not a good idea - the amounts of natural salts in blood and other raw foods are small enough so as not to be an issue.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:10:06 pm »
The point is that there are natural salts in blood(and in other raw food) so that one doesn't need extra artificial salt from nonorganic sources, and ingesting too much salt, especially from nonorganic sources, is not a good idea - the amounts of natural salts in blood and other raw foods are small enough so as not to be an issue.

Thats what I don't get; why do we drink water with minerals (organic or nonorganic?) in and why do animals have all that salt in there blood?

Why is salt artificial and nonorganic?

My grandfather (England) died in the night (96 years old) and they said he was dehydrated! Well that is a symptom and I wonder what is behind it.

I just don't know what to "believe"; Lex is using salt and things (tests, colon) seem to be healthy. The next person does not eat salt and claims the same and a nother one is in a mess...

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 09:20:17 pm »
Salt in raw food is from an organic source, salt from rocks or the sea was never eaten in Palaeolithic times(at least not until very near the Neolithic) and is from an inorganic source. Mineral-water is different:- first of all, it can contain dissolved organic substances if taken from untouched rivers, not processed etc., but the inorganic minerals in mineral-water are also fine as drinking water without any organic minerals in it would involve drinking distilled water which is very harmful to one's health, long-term.
" Ron Paul.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 12:55:56 am »
Alright here's a question...

On another forum, the drinking of blood came up and I mentioned that I drink the blood from my defrosted meats and organs.
Someone said that this was not blood, but in fact "meat juices"
Is that true, or am I actually drinking the blood?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 01:02:15 am »
Meat-juices are blood, by definition, if they're reddish. Blood lies in the meat.
" Ron Paul.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 01:04:41 am »
Good, that's what I thought.
Thanks for the confirmation

Offline JustAnotherExplorer

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 04:59:05 pm »
If you're talking store bought meat (as opposed to a fresh kill) then over 99% of the blood is drained out before it gets to you.  My understanding is that what's left is intersitial fluid and cytosol colored mainly by myoglobin.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 05:29:26 pm »

Cooked blood is normal in Philippine cuisine.
I have heard tribal stories of tribesmen drinking straight from the neck of a live goat.
I only eat the blood I get from freshly killed beef we get at the market.
Slaughter is at 12 midnight and it's in the market by 4am.  I usually get to buy at 8am and have it for lunch.
It is my 3 year old daughter that taught me dunking the meat in the little pool of blood in the plate tastes good.
I haven't the urge to get into blood drinking when we've got lots of fresh coconut juice.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 06:50:30 pm »
If blood has all that salt, then why is salt toxic - as Dr. AV claims???

http://www.fineli.fi/food.php?foodid=794&lang=en

Nicola

AV teaches people to drink liters of celery, cucumber, parsley juice every day and and use lots lots of dairy products.  Dairy has sodium in it, grassfed milk in Summer has a salty taste (to me).  The above juice often used has sodium and chlorine in it naturally, right?  To me that translates to sodium chloride which is the same molecules in table salt.  I believe his point is not to avoid salt, but to avoid it in crystal form, but to get the same nutrients in organic form from raw food.  I never heard of AV telling people to drink blood, but then he doesn't need to with the juice and milk.  That's my understanding for now.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 06:40:48 pm »
    Nicola, the link that you provided, is that meant for all blood, or a particular animal?

I have not drank blood.  Have you experimented much yet, davidg?
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 12:35:39 am »
    AV teaches people to drink liters of celery, cucumber, parsley juice every day and and use lots lots of dairy products.  Dairy has sodium in it, grassfed milk in Summer has a salty taste (to me).  The above juice often used has sodium and chlorine in it naturally, right?  To me that translates to sodium chloride which is the same molecules in table salt.  I believe his point is not to avoid salt, but to avoid it in crystal form, but to get the same nutrients in organic form from raw food.  I never heard of AV telling people to drink blood, but then he doesn't need to with the juice and milk.  That's my understanding for now.

I did the green juice and raw dairy thing long before AV came on the scene.  In fact, I have several very expensive juicers lying fallow in my storage shed.  At first I thought they were wonderful, but over time I came to realize that they were the cause of many of my problems, not the solution.  Stools were always loose and smelly, stomach and bowels were always uncomfortable and often bloated with gas.  The green juices in particular are just chock full of anti-nutrients.  Once I stopped drinking this muck, my health improved dramatically.

Wanna buy a juicer?  I have a commercial Ruby that will juice two by fours that cost about $2000, as well as an $800 Wheatena wheat grass juicer, and a Champion masticating juicer (makes great banana softserve) all of which are taking up space.  I no longer use any of them as they certainly don't promote health and juicing is the antithesis of paleo regardless of what AV says.

Lex

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 07:03:52 am »
I did the green juice and raw dairy thing long before AV came on the scene.  In fact, I have several very expensive juicers lying fallow in my storage shed.  At first I thought they were wonderful, but over time I came to realize that they were the cause of many of my problems, not the solution.  Stools were always loose and smelly, stomach and bowels were always uncomfortable and often bloated with gas.  The green juices in particular are just chock full of anti-nutrients.  Once I stopped drinking this muck, my health improved dramatically.

Wanna buy a juicer?  I have a commercial Ruby that will juice two by fours that cost about $2000, as well as an $800 Wheatena wheat grass juicer, and a Champion masticating juicer (makes great banana softserve) all of which are taking up space.  I no longer use any of them as they certainly don't promote health and juicing is the antithesis of paleo regardless of what AV says.

I don't juice anymore.  I'm not necessarily against it.  I believe everything has its place.  I just dislike it now. 

I did 'drink' blood today and yesterday.  Yesterday there was about 3/8 oz from the bison round I just bought, but I only drank a couple of droplets, and gave the rest to my cats.  Today there was another 1/2 oz from the next 'roast'.  My cats hadn't seemed to like the blood yesterday, so I used most of the amount on myself this time.  What I gave to them, they didn't touch.  Mine, I gargled with, and swallowed.  I had been thinking of buying blood separate, but I don't think I'll ever like it enough to even drink as much as I did today on a regular basis.

So how much are you selling the juicers for?  Any discounts?  I have enough juicers myself, I just don't like to waste, and thought maybe some can use it.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 09:49:13 am »
... Stools were always loose and smelly, stomach and bowels were always uncomfortable and often bloated with gas.  The green juices in particular are just chock full of anti-nutrients. ...
Did tea (essentially a watered-down green juice, right?) have negative effects on you too? What do you think about occasionally using tea or other anti-nutrient-foods as an anti-parasite and anti-bacteria booster? My guess is that you don't think it's necessary, but traditional peoples and nonhuman primates apparently do intentionally consume antinutrients on occasion to purge or prevent infection or boost the immune system. Granted, one should definitely not do it regularly.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk