Author Topic: paleo for women article  (Read 12300 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Re: paleo for women article
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 10:32:11 am »
I've always thought low-carb would be a better diet for me because if I don't eat very much fats then I tend to really crave them like crazy and feel hungry all the time, and then I'm tempted to eat more cooked food as well.. I do like eating a little bit of carbs too, though, but I usually satisfy those craving with raw honey or berries or other fruits.. but I always crave fats and proteins a lot more, and if I eat high carb I just feel like I'm starving. 

but I have terrible terrible acne problems that I have been trying to get rid of my whole life.. I switched to a raw diet about 2 years ago, though I haven't always been 100% all the time, and it greatly helped my acne situation, I still have yet to fully get rid of my acne.  It's still all over my face and a little on my neck, shoulders, back, and chest.  I don't always eat 100% raw but even when I do, I still break out all the time, and I've never known why.  All I want to do is get rid of my acne.

The site you linked talked about acne and other skin problems being caused by hypothyroidism though, and I'm now wondering if that's my problem.  I do still eat carbs everyday, though mostly in the form of honey and honey mixed with bee pollen.. but I'll check out this thyroid thing more, thanks.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 09:46:49 pm »
jinna i think i do the same kind of 8 hour period just out of habit, although i wish i could figure out how to have a lighter dinner and then some kind of nourishing/sleepy drink later if i was still hungry.  the thing that helped me most was making myself eat breakfast before any intense exercise and as early as i felt hungry, which is usually between 7-8 am(i wake up between 5:30-6 naturally) this has really helped my blood sugar regulate as well as given me more energy and less hunger later.

for healing purposes i think it is best to stay on the high side of the carb spectrum(100g+)  but by no means am i saying high carb, and definitely not low fat! to give the body extra energy to heal and become robust. if you are having trouble with candida/acne etc it might be a good idea to populate the gut with the proper bacteria to be able to eat these things, i think during stress and illness a lot of this bacteria get knocked out so then we get symptoms from foods that are healthy because we no longer have the ability to digest them correctly.   i think consistency of diet and lifestyle really plays a good role in this, and not being to strict either way.  i think too often some tweak in the diet doesnt work immediately or as well as one wishes they they are tempted to go in a different direction, but if there is moderation for months on end the body be allowed to adjust

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 09:51:49 pm »
wolf......kelp! and zinc

CitrusHigh

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 10:21:23 pm »
I'm drop dead serious wolf, based on what I know about you, I reallllly think you'd benefit from doing some empathy work and appreciating the suffering of others. At least supplement your regimen with a wee bit of empathy work and meditation, promise it will be for your best benefit.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 08:39:41 am »
Hi Wolf. I had terrible acne until I finally got on a diet that didn't include things that my skin was working on getting out of my body for me. The dermatologist when I was young made it much worse by putting me on a strong broad spectrum antibiotic for years thinking it would help and giving me a mineral oil based moisturizer which I'm highly allergic to. He kept on saying that he thought I'd grow out of it! Ha.  Maybe if he didn't destroy my digestion I would have.

I worked a very long time on re-establishing my gut bacteria and healing my liver to help my body be able to deal with toxins. I can't help but to wonder if you might be still ingesting something that your body is trying to remove through the skin that you are not aware of?

Now in my old age STILL if I eat something too toxic for my liver/kidneys/lungs to handle I will get acne. GREAT! Acne AND wrinkles. Oy.

Now I think of my acne as a blessing. It was the way for my body to help me rid it of things that would have made me even sicker. I wish I understood that early on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk