Author Topic: greetings (Primal Diet Moderator)  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
greetings (Primal Diet Moderator)
« on: May 23, 2008, 06:26:18 am »
I just joined, someone put a link up on the forum at sunfood.com. That forum is getting a little old for me because there are a lot of vegans and a lot of people who don't believe in a primarily raw diet anymore. I'm glad to see there is a Vonderplanitz section here, my diet has been mostly Primal Diet for the past 6 months or so. I started with raw vegan a little over 4 years ago and have tried tons of stuff since then. Before that I was doing cooked mostly vegetarian. So I've been at this diet thing for a while, and I'm only 23 now so I feel I got a reasonably early start with it.

Um what else...I just graduated college with a biology degree. I changed my major to biology to try and do something with nutrition, we'll see how that works out. My dream would be to enter a PhD program in some kind of biology or perhaps nutrition and do clinical research putting groups of people either with diseases or "healthy" people on various diets (mostly raw, natural kinds of diets) and chart their health progression. Hopefully the pharmaceutical companies don't assassinate me before I can accomplish anything.

I have other dreams too! At the moment it's to become a professional mma fighter and bring athletic attention to natural health regimens, and also to eventually own a nice piece of land that I can grow my own food on. Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to the discussions here.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 01:22:00 pm by Craig »

xylothrill

Re: greetings
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:50:49 am »
Welcome Kyle!

You're going along the same path that led many of us to eating raw animal foods. I remember you from sunfood back when I was a raw vegan. You're certainly goal-oriented and will be an asset to this forum. We're brand new and growing so post away.

Craig

Satya

Re: greetings
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 10:05:28 am »
Welcome Kyle.  I too come from a long time vegetarian diet, to vegan, to raw, to animal foods, to mostly raw again ... 

A martial artist! I am a martial artist too, but of a traditional nature.  Isn't it the most intense stuff?  I will test for 1st Dan black belt in Taekwondo in October.  I am a student of a very distinguished grandmaster and feel so very fortunate to have the wise teachings of his 54 years of experience.  I learn from his students as well, but his instruction is just so in depth and catered to the individual.  But I digress ...  What is your experience?  Perhaps we should start a new topic in the exercise forum?

Thanks for joining us.  I look forward to learning and sharing with you and all that jazz!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 09:53:43 pm by Satya »

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: greetings (Primal Diet Moderator)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 01:51:53 pm »
I train mostly jiu jit su at Hassett's Jiu Jit Su in Sewell New Jersey. He taught Korean Karate for years, I think he's a gold medalist at the black belt level in it, and he's also a 5 time gold medalist at the black belt level in jiu jit su at the Pan Am's.

Twice a week we train full mma. If there are a bunch of people doing martial arts a sub-forum of exercise might work, but then again it's so related and it's not like anything we post is going to get buried under other topics.

Any other mma lovers here? I'm looking forward to UFC 84 this weekend, one of my favorite fighters BJ Penn is fighting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk