Author Topic: Help! my son has lead in his blood the level of 31  (Read 25290 times)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Help! my son has lead in his blood the level of 31
« on: July 21, 2012, 12:19:46 am »
Hi all, you guys all know that how careful mom I am where I even control the bathing water to put wheatgrass to make it clean to bath my 5 yrs old son. But recently I don't do that, I just put him shower with city water. Anyway, this summer I decide to put him in a summer day camp to have a new experiences with socializing with other kids. In order to do that, he needs the blood test. So I went to a regular doctor to do his blood test. Next thing I know, the doctor is telling me the high level of lead is found in his blood stream. Which is normal as 5 or 6 points but he gets 31. So the health dept of NYC starts calling me to make my life even more miserable. They send me an inspector at my home. There is a nice lady who is inspertor has visited and she tells me that she is not going to test anything here, 'cause I need at least $10,000 to fix up this matter, if they find any lead in my home (being a home owner is the worst part). Now again a month later again they (health dept) are starting calling me for inspection, but I deny again. Now they ask me to do again the blood test of my son and also my daughter who is 8 months old. My son gets traumatised by that freaking needles and now it's very difficult for me to take back again for the blood test. They r insisting me to do that and telling me that if his blood shows now lower than 31 iron, they won't bother me to inspect my home again.

I moved from NJ to NY 6 months ago. In NJ I lived in a old house and often I seen my son was playing peeling off some paint from a broken wall. He used to hide my back to do this. Again, when the inspector comes in my NY home, she says that, any old home has lead, even if the report says it doesn't have when I buy the home.

I see that my son is having difficulty of learning language. Most of the time he comes up with words, but not whole sentences. He also lost weight for the past 6 months. Recently he is getting cold and his coughing syndromes persisting. The doctor prescribes him iron in order to lower his lead level. But I never give him that. I use Zeolite in his water instead.

He is on RPD since he was 2 yrs old. He was born in raw vegan diet. My pregnancy was super difficult and I haven't eaten at all for the 1st 5 months of my pregnancy. He was also vaccinated till he was 9 months old. I need ur suggestion, what to do now!
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Help! my son has lead in his blood the level of 31
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 12:25:18 am »
There are herbs that will leach out heavy metals. I know that cilantro will leach out mercury. If it were me I would try celery or celery juice preferably but that is somewhat of a guess in case you don't get better answers. Celery is considered a blood cleanser.

Good luck! The bright side is at least you know now. You have time to do something.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 12:33:31 am »
Here is some info from a link I got from googling 'herbs for leaching heavy metals '

http://www.natural-health-restored.com/heavy-metal-poisoning.html

Herbal Remedies For Heavy Metal Poisoning

Herbs can help to cleanse your body from the buildup of toxins and pollutants. Here are some herbs that are helpful for blood cleansing from toxic metals.

Garlic - Garlic contains sulfur which helps to remove toxic metals from the body.

Dandelion root - helps your liver function normally. When your liver is healthy it will be better able to remove toxins from your blood.

Burdock - Burdock is an excellent blood cleanser. It also helps to enhance the action of dandelion root.

Yellow dock - helps to purify the blood and enhance the action of dandelion root.

Kelp - reduces absorption of radioactive materials and heavy metals.

Alfalfa - helps prevent absorption of radioactive materials and heavy metals.

Cilantro - cilantro helps remove mercury from your brain and body.
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 05:39:32 am »
How long ago did you move from the house in Jersey?

How old is your home in New York? Was the home in New York inspected for lead before you bought it? How long ago did you move to New York?

How old is your property upstate? Does your son go to that house?

My suggestion - get three lead testing kits and test all properties yourself! Find out which home has it for yourself - and leave!

Then research all those herbs Al suggested in detail in terms of children. Also research clays, chlorella and there are certain seaweeds which will get rid of heavy metals. There are things that are considered to be natural chelation agents.

It sounds like your son got poisoned in NJ but you have to make sure. Test that property FIRST. Don't get it tested by a company - do it yourself.

You need to know where it came from so that you can prevent more ingestion.

God bless you and good luck with this!

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 05:59:44 am »
Thank u Al for the link. Here is the problem is my son is a very tough child to ingest cilentro or garlic . I grow organic cilentro in my yard. I also have the best source of vit C from dried amla. But none of these I can offer him, he won't eat. Probably I can make fruit smoothie and put those hurbs in that smoothie.

Ziolite has a reputation to clean lead from blood without side effect and I am adding liquid zeolite in every water that he drinks.

Dorothy, I moved from NJ 6 months ago. In NY home , I had the lead test when I was buying it (about 3 years from now), tests came out negative. But the health inspector told me even theysee the test is negetive , still they find positive when they come to test. My NY home is like 80 yrs old. My upstate home (two hundreds yrs old) we have full of lead paint, but my son doesn't go inside the house. He just play in the yard. The house is under renovation now. I really don't have that much clue how he gets that lead. Definitely I'd like to purchase the home testing lead kit. I read organs meat could carry lead one of AL's post. I used to feed him so much organs before. Also ground beef is like staple in our home. I started giving him chunk meat for the past one month now. He loves it chunk meat. He can't take that much chunk organs (before I blended them), so the quantity is low than before organ intake. Probably I can put clays in his chunk meat. Dorothy, please, recommand a good source to buy clay for my five yrs old son.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 06:43:13 am »

Dorothy, I moved from NJ 6 months ago. In NY home , I had the lead test when I was buying it (about 3 years from now), tests came out negative. But the health inspector told me even theysee the test is negetive , still they find positive when they come to test. My NY home is like 80 yrs old. My upstate home (two hundreds yrs old) we have full of lead paint, but my son doesn't go inside the house. He just play in the yard. The house is under renovation now. I really don't have that much clue how he gets that lead. Definitely I'd like to purchase the home testing lead kit.

Oh Boy! Are you saying that the property you moved from in New Jersey had lead paint and your son ate it, then you moved into your home in NY, it was tested negative - and yet the inspector tested it as positive AND your home in upstate NY also has lead paint? All THREE of your homes have lead paint???

OMG - you are in trouble!  :o

How long will it take you to finish the renovations on your upstate home - and will that include getting rid of all the old paint?

I think I would put up a log cabin, yurt, straw bale house or shed - anything! in the upstate property just to have some place to bring your kids without the lead! You can never watch kids all the time and lead most definitely leads to some horrific things as you already know.

You can't detox your kids if they continue ingesting the poison. You also might have trouble from old pipes and other sources in such old homes. Make sure that your water is tested carefully too. Do you purify your all your water? What kind of purification systems do you have?

Clay - I'm not an expert on. There are people here with much more knowledge than me. We should start a clay thread.

You are in some kind of pickle.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 08:01:33 am »
Wheatgrass is not raw Paleo. I used to work at a place that sold that crap. It would make people sick and they would assume it was some sort of healthy "detox," when it was really just making them sick.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 08:26:19 am »
I wouldn't suggest wheatgrass for a little boy either. Growing some and chewing on it feels good to me - but drinking ounces is overwhelming and doesn't feel good. Whether it's really good or bad - Phil sure has lots more experience - but I think Phil has a really good point in terms of not giving it to a small boy.

That's why I said to research each of the suggestions particularly in the view of giving them to a child. That goes for everything - do full research. Some things that are good for adults can be really bad for a child.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 09:00:29 am »
http://drlwilson.com/Articles/TOXIC%20METALS.htm

i appreciate his advice as the most safe and sound methods.  where he suggests no raw food i would say besides raw meats and raw fats. i think this suggestions are the most non-invasive and drastic but effective because of that

i think the sauna and a lot of time i sweating in the sun have been most effective for me. 

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 10:50:31 am »
I know of someone who was dying from lead poisoning, and saved themselves by taking food-grade hydrogen peroxide diluted in water.

This is serious.  Lead is very bad for brain development.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 11:55:26 am »
Lead paint seems like the most likely culprit. The most important thing is to eliminate all exposure to lead, and eventually the levels in the blood will drop. Getting enough calcium and other minerals from the diet is also important, because lead will be deposited into the bones more readily if calcium is deficient.

You are lucky to have caught the problem early. At five years old he still has a lot of growing to do and hopefully if all exposure is eliminated and the proper mineral balance maintained then the negative effects can at least be minimized.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 12:36:45 pm »
I know of someone who was dying from lead poisoning, and saved themselves by taking food-grade hydrogen peroxide diluted in water.

This is serious.  Lead is very bad for brain development.
I do understand that lead is a poison. My husband claims that when he was a small kid, he used to eat those lead paint and still he is survived . He says to me he probably a GENIOUS, 'cause after eating those poisonous lead, he is still academicly successful. There is no brain issue. But without indulging the lead, could be something else he would be. He believes there are no direct prove that lead is dangerous.

Dorothy, I also fear of old pipes in old homes. But I purchase spring water to drink. But as I said that I put my son shower under city water. If I have lead in my water, then taking shower would do that. My NYC home has new paint. Taking of old lead paint permanantly is very expansive job. My upstate home has well water, the contractors are taking care of the wall. Instead of removing lead, they are just painting on it.
bugs or country chickens

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 06:29:00 pm »
Lead paint seems like the most likely culprit. The most important thing is to eliminate all exposure to lead, and eventually the levels in the blood will drop. Getting enough calcium and other minerals from the diet is also important, because lead will be deposited into the bones more readily if calcium is deficient.

You are lucky to have caught the problem early. At five years old he still has a lot of growing to do and hopefully if all exposure is eliminated and the proper mineral balance maintained then the negative effects can at least be minimized.
Sabertooth is right. Eliminating exposure is most important, and minerals chelate the lead and offset mineral deficiencies that lead causes.

I found this info:
If lead paint on ceilings and walls is in good repair, then painting them or covering them with wallpaper may be all that is needed to keep the lead paint in place.

BUT —if lead paint is chipping or peeling, or if it's on a surface such as a windowsill or stair rail where children can chew on it, then the lead paint (or the painted material) should be removed or covered. Painted surfaces that rub on each other, such as doors and windows, require special attention to stop the friction. And if the paint has been damaged by other problems, such as water damage due to leaks, then the underlying problem should be fixed first. http://www.health.ny.gov/publications/2502/

Managing Elevated Blood Lead Levels Among Young Children: Recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention
http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead/casemanagement/chap3.pdf
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 09:23:02 pm »
Lead was used in women's makeup in days gone by. It was applied to make the skin look white as I recall.

Raw you might consider tilting his bed as in Inclined Bed Therapy as it will help the body to process out the toxins.
Cheers
Al

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 09:32:08 pm »
i have read anecdotes about lead poisoning specifically from playing outside of houses with lead paint because as the paint deteriorates it integrates into the soil:(!

if you read through all of that dr l wilson, and look at some of his pages specifically on lead he talks about how the overload manifests as well as what specific minerals will help to replace it in the body.  there is a lot of non information and repetitiveness but he does have  a lot of knowledge on the causes and effects of specific mineral toxicity

CitrusHigh

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 09:43:50 pm »
I will recommend tons of coconut preferably raw and/or a high quality oil from the best, least processed source you can find and fresh ginger, you can mix with honey as a candy if your boy refuses to take thing slice of it straight up.

Yeah, big time, find the source and address it or flee. Also I would stay the hell away from hospitals and the government if I were you, it would be best if both had as little awareness as possible of your existence!!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:12:36 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 05:05:05 am »
I have a bunch of concerns. Firstly, you are on the radar for child protective services in New York City (Manhattan?) and your child lives at the residence which is also a bed and breakfast business correct? So the bed and breakfast ALSO has lead paint which could open a big can of worms potentially. It is now on record that your son has lead poisoning. You might have no choice but to fully remedy your business. You might have to get rid of all the lead pain in NYC or remedy up to certain standards if you are going to have children staying at the place. This needs to be researched - I'm not a lawyer - but it might not be a bad idea to get a lawyer on your side. When it comes to child protective services - you can't believe everything they tell you. They try to be nice to get you to open up and talk to them.  I'd get a lawyer to get all their reports including any testing that was done to show that there is lead present. You need to know for sure and then you need to do your own testing with a company you or your lawyer suggests - especially since it was tested such a short time ago and came back negative. You might also have a case against the company that did the testing, the realtor or the previous owner if they were hiding information.

No matter how nice the woman from CPS is to you, never give her any hints on how you feed your children or any cures that you do to help with the lead poisoning. Give them as little information about yourself as you can. 

Also - urine therapy from my limited understanding recycles minerals through the body. I would hold off on it for your son if I were in your shoes.

Do your own testing as quickly as possible to figure out first where it was most likely that your son got poisoned, secondly if the authorities are correct about your NYC home and thirdly if you have anything to worry about upstate.

http://leadcheck.com/?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=SE_lcheck_lead-paint-testing

http://www.olympus-ims.com/en/xrf-xrd/delta-handheld/delta-lead-paint/?apd=1&adid=xrf&acid=xrfgle&gclid=CNTR_cDSq7ECFSVvTAodiWsAgg

The lead in soil can be tested at the agricultural extension upstate or you can send out your own sample. I'd do it privately once again. Anything you can do privately will protect you more.
http://laboratorytesting.com/

From what I can tell there are no laws regarding lead levels in soil and it is primarily through eating produce grown on such soil or if a child eats a lot of soil that there could be problems - but the soil outside is unlikely a large component of your problem. Much more likely is the paint and/or the pipes. Ask your contractor upstate to tell you about the condition of the pipes and what they are made of. NYC has a long history of having some truly awful water problems from those old pipes - but there are devices that you can buy to filter but also magnetic devices that might help with such a problem.

What you really need is a lawyer and an environmental engineer to help you first and foremost. You've got to protect your son and business and figure out where the lead came from and stop it. The first thing I'd do if I had a child at risk with CPS is consult with a lawyer. You want to be able to work on this problem on your own without interference from the government.

Those are some of my thoughts on the matter.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 11:06:30 am »
When you mention child protective services... Do you mean the communists will take her children from her because they think they know better about raising children?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 12:13:12 pm »
They are the people that when a child is in a "dangerous" situation can remove the child from the parents - yes. Luckily she is in New York where they are overworked and inundated with people truly abusing their children so she's not in such a bad situation as she would be perhaps in a smaller town where they are looking for something to do. They are also a government  agency that could share information with other agencies. That's why whenever they show up at your door you don't let them in. You don't have to by law - but of course no one tells you that. You pick up a phone and get a lawyer before talking to them, just like when the cops show up at your door and ask to come in you don't invite them in your home unless they have a search warrant and you don't give them information because they can lie to you about why they are there to get information out of you. When dealing with anyone that has that kind of power over your children - you've got to get someone who knows the system onto your side. I bet that it's raw's right to have every piece of paper they write up and copies of every test they do - but without a lawyer it's real hard to get any cooperation.

Most of the people doing those jobs really just want to protect children and she's probably ok - it's just nothing to take lightly. If someone from CPS is saying that you have lead because they tested it - that's a big issue and the first thing I would do is get a lawyer, just like when you are brought in for questioning by the police the first thing you do is ask for a lawyer.

None of them will tell you to get a lawyer of course - but that's your right. Raw might have all sorts of rights and limitations she can put on these people that she doesn't have a clue about. They aren't on her side. She needs someone on her side that knows the ropes.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 03:19:27 pm »
WOW! You have some serious issues and problems. My condolences! I hope you get the help that you need for the sake of your son's health!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 08:56:27 pm »
Funny thing about heavy metals is that every agency from municipal to federal to UN has their own version of what is safe and 'recommended'. The levels are wildly different because none of them are based on any science. They are for want of a better way of saying it 'a wild and crazy unsubstantiated guess'. It's nothing more complicated than the opinion of the particular person who crafted the law.
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 01:57:37 am »
Exactly Al! That's why she needs the help of people that know the law and as much of the science as there is. There might be totally different laws for her different homes and all she might have to do is move her son to one of her different homes to get CPS off her back.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 09:00:22 am »
Whats even much more absurd than what passes for safe levels, is that they only test children for lead and in rare cases mercury. Usually after the age of two most doctors wont test the child at all even if they are having cognitive impairments.

If you are an adult who has heavy metal poisoning often times by the time you get to a specialist to be tested the toxic metals have already been deposited into your tissues so blood test wont show anything.

The medical profession for the most part denies or ignores the majority of metal poisonings and mineral imbalances.

Even when I had a positive high level of aluminum in my blood, the doctor wanted a second test, and the second test done three weeks later showed normal levels.

Blood test are not an accurate measure for chronic heavy metal poisoning. If you want to know how toxic you or your children are, then I recommend getting a hair analysis done. You can find labs online that will offer them for around 100 dollars, and they will give you a complete mineral tissue analysis. It will show you, Not only lead, but mercury, aluminum, cadmium,etc. as well as trace minerals that can also be toxic in high amounts such as nickle and manganese. It will also detect mineral deficiency and imbalances that often go hand in hand with heavy metal toxicity.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 09:53:33 am »
Whats even much more absurd than what passes for safe levels, is that they only test children for lead and in rare cases mercury. Usually after the age of two most doctors wont test the child at all even if they are having cognitive impairments.

If you are an adult who has heavy metal poisoning often times by the time you get to a specialist to be tested the toxic metals have already been deposited into your tissues so blood test wont show anything.

The medical profession for the most part denies or ignores the majority of metal poisonings and mineral imbalances.

Even when I had a positive high level of aluminum in my blood, the doctor wanted a second test, and the second test done three weeks later showed normal levels.

Blood test are not an accurate measure for chronic heavy metal poisoning. If you want to know how toxic you or your children are, then I recommend getting a hair analysis done. You can find labs online that will offer them for around 100 dollars, and they will give you a complete mineral tissue analysis. It will show you, Not only lead, but mercury, aluminum, cadmium,etc. as well as trace minerals that can also be toxic in high amounts such as nickle and manganese. It will also detect mineral deficiency and imbalances that often go hand in hand with heavy metal toxicity.
ST any labs you would suggest?

Dorothy good info. Gov't agencies mean well as you say but the can cause problems for people.
Cheers
Al

CitrusHigh

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 10:52:02 am »
I would like to second everything Dorothy said, Raw, please stay away from the government no matter how nice they seem. They are trained to weasel information out of you in a friendly and manipulative fashion. Also, of course, do everything in your power to remedy the situation, even if it means spending out loads of cash, the alterantives (law suits, government intervention, loss of your children to 'protective (what a joke) services', etc) will be FAR and away more damaging than monetary loss.

All the best, and we're here to support you all the way!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk