Author Topic: why so many raw vegans claim they have improved health and glowing skin?  (Read 18302 times)

CitrusHigh

Re: why so many raw vegans claim they have improved health and glowing skin?
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 12:35:27 am »
For further clarification on my end, I'm not downing the wai diet or high fruit intake, always first and foremost, do what works for you, I just have sensitivity from years of candida overgrowth, and sugar/alcohol/carbs, even if the sugars are in raw fruit, don't treat me very well after continuous and intense exposure. I can do fine with wild fruits in reasonable amounts as long as I'm getting plenty of organs (raw fats/raw protein, and the other benefits that come with organs). From what I've observed, plenty of folks do fine with fruits, but I would say going overboard on sugar is never a great idea, and like GS said, going with the seasons helps immensely.

As always, experiment and learn your own custom diet, it's a process.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:06:47 am by Thoth »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 12:49:33 am »
Thoth is right about what works for you.

I recently cured a 51 year old man, also a Filipino, with deadly pneumonia and I first tried fruit on him.  Found he wasn't digesting fruit.  He was pooping fruit as is. 

I quickly switched him to raw carnivorous and in 10 days he was back on his job.

In the latter days I asked him to just pick and smell just 1 fruit in the fruit stand... his instincts told him to widely smile at what he really wanted.  That one fruit went down well with him.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012, 02:23:35 am »
Thoth, thanks for your valuable input.

GS, May I ask what would cause you to prescribe a coconut fast for you or for others?  What is the rational for using coconuts in a cleanse?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 06:07:28 am »
I am not challening. I am just trying to find a diet that works for me.
Yes, of course, I accepted that. The challenge is an indirect, unintentional one, but welcomed and savored nonetheless.

The fact that many members on this forum have experimented with raw vegan and other popular diets that claim to bring optimal health makes this forum a valuable resource.
Indeed, quite right.

I am glad that you have not retired from active participation in this forum, as you threatened to when you resigned from your mod positon. It is fun to have you around.
Heh, I only meant I would be less active, not completely inactive. I read only a rare few threads at this point, and yours struck my fancy.  :D And my fast typing ability, knowledge of how to quickly search, copy and paste, and laziness about logging out and completely shutting down my PC (the tree-huggers will surely kill me), enable me to seem more active than I really am. -d Plus, people like you and certain others are well skilled at keeping me interested. <two thumbs up> Huzzah!

I think some on this forum have quoted "scientific studies" that claim that sugar/carb in fruit ages skin?
Interesting, I must have missed or forgotten that. Please let me know if you come across that again.

I found that the cooked Paleo community had recently gone way too overboard in its dismissal and even hatred of fruits and raw honey, equating them with "fructose" poison. Luckily, there has been something of a pendulum swing back to the center again recently.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 06:14:25 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2012, 06:24:51 am »
Thoth, thanks for your valuable input.

GS, May I ask what would cause you to prescribe a coconut fast for you or for others?  What is the rational for using coconuts in a cleanse?

if you want to do a coconut fast, you must choose coconuts that have a good enough thick enough meat in them, but not too hard.  These are called "mala kanin" = like rice young coconuts. Drink the juice and eat the meat. The whole day or for 3 days, whatever you wish.

Juice can cleanse your kidneys.  Meat has fat and is anti parasitic and gut cleansing.  So you can really go on for days with just this.  If you choose pink topped coconuts, the kidney cleanse is more powerful.  Pink topped coconuts are less than 10 percent of coconuts.

If you live in a coconut land, this fast is simple, fast and easy... and super cheap.

My 11 year old boy won't do this fast because he does not like eating coconut meat.  So I resort to diluted orange juice fasts for him.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2012, 08:31:43 am »
GS - what is the general action of the young coconuts please? I really enjoy the milk and meat from the young coconuts instead of the older ones and wonder what kind of effect this has.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2012, 09:26:36 am »
I found that the cooked Paleo community had recently gone way too overboard in its dismissal and even hatred of fruits and raw honey, equating them with "fructose" poison. Luckily, there has been something of a pendulum swing back to the center again recently.

People go through this same pendulum swing on an individual level too.  I did.  I went probably 5 months with no fruit at all at one point, and very little carbs.  I think I was in constant ketosis for several weeks during that period. I needed it though, I had really overdone the fruit for several years before that.

I think Lex may be going through such a pendulum swing too, but on a much longer timescale.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2012, 11:04:39 am »
    Raw fruit only I had clear skin. Waterfasting my skin was clear but lost collagen. Ann Wigmore's livingfood lifestyle my blackheads went away. Regular raw vegan made me too sick. Primal Diet makes my skin healthy in every unimaginable way. Mixing it with a little cooked I got various bumps.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2012, 12:15:54 pm »
GS - what is the general action of the young coconuts please? I really enjoy the milk and meat from the young coconuts instead of the older ones and wonder what kind of effect this has.

It's refreshing during the summer season... sell sell sells a lot.  During the rainy season... not so much.

The old coconuts are used mainly for coconut milk which has anti-parasitic action... or for those with iron stomachs, for eating.  I can't eat coconut milk by itself, too powerful stuff.  I can't do what Aajonus does.  Here, raw coconut milk is a condiment for some dishes or rice cakes.  Everyone here knows you don't drink a glass or half a glass of raw coconut milk... we think that's nuts. (coconut milk is usually cooked with a vegetable... this disables the stomach irritating qualities).

Young coconut meat is different, you can eat lots of that stuff.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:57:53 pm by goodsamaritan »

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2012, 08:02:07 pm »
GS, thank you for the tips on coconut cleanse.

I went probably 5 months with no fruit at all at one point, and very little carbs.  I think I was in constant ketosis for several weeks during that period. I needed it though,

May I ask how you felt physically during those five months? How did you do health-wise? What convinced you that you needed it?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2012, 02:26:28 am »
It's refreshing during the summer season... sell sell sells a lot.  During the rainy season... not so much.

The old coconuts are used mainly for coconut milk which has anti-parasitic action... or for those with iron stomachs, for eating.  I can't eat coconut milk by itself, too powerful stuff.  I can't do what Aajonus does.  Here, raw coconut milk is a condiment for some dishes or rice cakes.  Everyone here knows you don't drink a glass or half a glass of raw coconut milk... we think that's nuts. (coconut milk is usually cooked with a vegetable... this disables the stomach irritating qualities).

Young coconut meat is different, you can eat lots of that stuff.

Thank you GS. I have recently been desiring the raw milk from young coconuts alone in a glass (I drink a whole coconut's worth at one sitting) and it IS powerful stuff! It is very much a summer thing. I find it incredibly cleansing. The meat is building, but that milk - it not only cleanses but gives me jolts of energy. One night I made the mistake of drinking some just before going to bed and didn't sleep the whole night. It's only a morning or mid-day treat. Most of the time it doesn't appeal to me at all - but I've been having at least one a week for the last few weeks. It made me wonder if there was some traditional medicinal use for the raw milk of young coconuts. Does the milk of young coconuts also have an anti-parasitic action?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2012, 03:51:40 am »
Interesting to see your report of many Filipinos sharing some aspects of the effects I've experienced from coconut foods. Thanks for sharing that, GS. I thought I might be a rare bird in this respect, but apparently not.

In addition to flash-pasteurized coconut milk causing me nausea, stomach upset and malaise, I find that, coconut oil, Artisana "raw" coconut butter, green coconut meat and even raw coconut water straight from a green or even mature coconut cause me varying degrees of these issues.

Surprisingly, mature coconut meat and Kevita fermented coconut water are the only coconut foods I can eat a significant amount of without noticeable nausea (unless you count coconut sorbet and coconut candy bars). I think the fiber of mature coconut meat may help slow the absorption of the medium chain triglycerides, thus avoing overwhelming my bloodstream, and fermenting may make the coconut water more digestible. However, going overboard and eating too much coconut meat can also cause me a great deal of nausea and even vomiting in one case, and too much Kevita gave me some chills, mild malaise and some minor issues the next morning. Wilderness Family Naturals Coconut Oil was recommended to me, so I just ordered that.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:59:04 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2012, 11:51:31 am »
GS, thank you for the tips on coconut cleanse.

May I ask how you felt physically during those five months? How did you do health-wise? What convinced you that you needed it?

I felt fine.  Kind of slow and sluggish, but I had enough energy to do what I wanted, including exercise, and I was very calm most of the time.  My health was good, as far as I could tell.

Fruit had damaged my teeth and caused a lot of anxiety problems.  The combination of low-carb and edible clay, calcium, and magnesium supplements definitely cured those problems.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 04:07:49 pm »
Fruit had damaged my teeth and caused a lot of anxiety problems.  The combination of low-carb and edible clay, calcium, and magnesium supplements definitely cured those problems.

Thanks for replying. Will you go into more details as to how your teeth problems go away after you eliminate fruits and most carbs?

My dentist told me that the most important thing about  obtaining good teeth/strong bones is to eat fats. He said a physician had told him that and he believed it.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 08:28:57 pm »
    Magnesium is used by people for the same symptoms raw fats relieve..B-1 etc. Hal Huggins recommends raw butter I think. Raw fat feels like it helps my teeth..just like some foods feel bad for them. Since Ive been eating raw fat and eating it regularly I haven't felt symptoms to take magnesium. I used to have to take large doses of magnesium to function last year that I was vegan.

My skin glowed alright..it was too tightly stretched and oily neon lol kind of. It burned too. Now it only burns when I don't eat very saturated fats.

Thanks for replying. Will you go into more details as to how your teeth problems go away after you eliminate fruits and most carbs?

My dentist told me that the most important thing about  obtaining good teeth/strong bones is to eat fats. He said a physician had told him that and he believed it.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2012, 02:53:11 am »
    Magnesium is used by people for the same symptoms raw fats relieve..B-1 etc. Hal Huggins recommends raw butter I think. Raw fat feels like it helps my teeth..just like some foods feel bad for them. Since Ive been eating raw fat and eating it regularly I haven't felt symptoms to take magnesium. I used to have to take large doses of magnesium to function last year that I was vegan.

My skin glowed alright..it was too tightly stretched and oily neon lol kind of. It burned too. Now it only burns when I don't eat very saturated fats.

Thanks for your perspective.
Do you count coconut oil and coconut butter as "very saturated fats"?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2012, 11:43:59 am »

Fats are important, but reducing carbs is important too.  Mineral supplements are also helpful.  I notice that I have fewer teeth problems when I take mineral supplements with fruit, like Terramin or bone meal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk