Author Topic: Farms in New York...which one?  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Raw Forever

• Forager
    • View Profile
Farms in New York...which one?
« on: July 28, 2012, 08:17:48 pm »
Can anyone recommend  a farm in New York to buy meat from?  Eatwild.com has several and I was wondering if anyone has personal experience with any of them. Thank you.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Farms in New York...which one?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 12:18:02 am »
I've bought from Grazin' Angus Acres for the past couple years. Great quality to the meat and great folks to deal with. You can buy from the farm is Ghent or you can stop in at one of their stalls in NYC on the weekends. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 08:48:58 pm »
I've bought from Grazin' Angus Acres for the past couple years. Great quality to the meat and great folks to deal with. You can buy from the farm is Ghent or you can stop in at one of their stalls in NYC on the weekends. :)

I bought ground meat from their stall in the city and it was really tasty. Do you know what they feed the cows during winter time?
3 Years on a Strictly Raw Ketogenic Carnivorous Diet.
*Currently still on a Ketogenic diet but have now incorporated raw vegetables.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 08:21:43 am »
I bought ground meat from their stall in the city and it was really tasty. Do you know what they feed the cows during winter time?
They cut their grass long and bundle as much hay as possible throughout the year for winter. If it's a mild winter, like this past one, the cattle will forage a fair amount. If it's a heavy winter they have to subsidize more with the hay.
I have a lot of food allergies which makes me very sensitive to the diet of the animals I eat. I've been eating their meat exclusively for roughly 2 years now (other than wild animals). I've never had any reactions whatsoever to their meat.

FYI, I highly recommend you try their brisket when you get a chance. It's definitely my favorite cut they sell. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk