Author Topic: RAVF and skin health  (Read 17708 times)

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
RAVF and skin health
« on: August 04, 2012, 01:07:57 am »
I want to discuss mostly external application of RAVF on skin, but of course diet is the foundation of health.
      I've been using raw coconut oil and other oils on my skin. It has improved, but I'd like to see more dramatic results. I had a bad acne break out in the last month, the coconut oil didn't touch it. It was the obnoxious hard acne, not just a little stress white head. It has been on my face, neck and shoulders. I've eaten junk repeatedly! I know that's why and I'm cleaning it up, but I've noticed big improvements with topical stuff. I want to share.
   First noticed big improvement with lemon. I had some on my fingers in the morning before I showered and I just patted it on my skin all over pimples.  It dried and stung a bit before I was ready to wash so I rinsed my hands and patted water on, it was a bit tight, which I fear pulls my delicate 40 y/o skin, so I moistened again and  applied a bit of olive oil. My skin was much better, but it got bad again due to continued binge cheating. So, I continued to do this and it continued to improve. It is almost gone and honestly, I was still cheating daily, mostly chocolate and not tons, but it's added carbs and stress = BAD. But something good has come because I've been paying attention to my skin improving. I've been smearing whenever I have time in the morning. I've tried kefir, avocado, tomato, egg, and even some meat juices. All with excellent results. It seems good to vary it all too.
   Sulrin mentioned breast milk for healing acne (what prompted me to try kefir). Brest milk is good for healing most skin and mucus membrane problems. Also, good for eyes. - sorry, tangential.
    Stem cells are being used with great results in and on skin. Mostly plant stem cells are being used on skin. Maybe this is part of why my skin is improving, because my lines and tone of skin is improving not just the acne. I'm still eating well but not as well lately so there is no other explanation, for the recent improvement.
    I found an article today where sheep umbilical cord blood stem cells are used to make a facial serum. I don't have that now, but I'll try to get that from my farmer. He might freeze one for me.
      The human studies are harvested from bone marrow, which is the richest source in adults. We can all get frozen animal bone marrow. I'm pretty sure they freeze it, b/c they keep it for months while they continue to harvest more as a person only makes so much at a time. The bone marrow has nourishing fats too, so I tried it. It was more bloody than fatty and it itched like the lemon as it dried, so I rubbed some x-factor butter oil (I think it is pasteurized), then I just went nuts. I massaged a little bit of everything in my fridge onto my face.
    I haven't washed yet, it feels really good. I smell like cod liver oil  -v but, I look normal so, I'm going for a bike ride then, I'll wash and post my results.  I'll try to do this as much as I can and see if there are any long term benefits.  The lamb stem cell serum claimed it reduced wrinkles and healed broken capillaries and fine lines in weeks. I think fattier bone marrow might be fine alone, but this had almost no fat and dried quick, tight, and itchy. I have some fatty beef bones in the freezer for the rest of the week. I'll eat some every day too.

know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

CitrusHigh

Re: RAVF and skin health
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:41:25 am »
Neat experiment Adora, I hope you will post the results, the skin is definitely a sponge so it's reasonable to think it would absorb some goodies if the foods are good to begin with!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 03:32:49 am »
Chocolate is obviously a major cause as I see you've figured out. However having repeated the obvious here is one to try;

My wife has some form of acne which she treats with some stuff  ;D which works, but... she is doing a hydrogen Peroxide thing now and it has cleared up, her allergies have disappeared, she sleeps more, hearing has improve quite a bit (based on we don't have to turn up the volume when watching a movie.) and some other minor stuff which escapes me. You might consider this.

Have you tried the inclined bed therapy yet?
Cheers
Al

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 04:00:06 am »
Adora, thanks for sharing. Please keep posting.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 03:46:57 pm »
I want to discuss mostly external application of RAVF on skin, but of course diet is the foundation of health.
      I've been using raw coconut oil and other oils on my skin. It has improved, but I'd like to see more dramatic results. I had a bad acne break out in the last month, the coconut oil didn't touch it. It was the obnoxious hard acne, not just a little stress white head. It has been on my face, neck and shoulders. I've eaten junk repeatedly! I know that's why and I'm cleaning it up, but I've noticed big improvements with topical stuff. I want to share.
   First noticed big improvement with lemon. I had some on my fingers in the morning before I showered and I just patted it on my skin all over pimples.  It dried and stung a bit before I was ready to wash so I rinsed my hands and patted water on, it was a bit tight, which I fear pulls my delicate 40 y/o skin, so I moistened again and  applied a bit of olive oil. My skin was much better, but it got bad again due to continued binge cheating. So, I continued to do this and it continued to improve. It is almost gone and honestly, I was still cheating daily, mostly chocolate and not tons, but it's added carbs and stress = BAD. But something good has come because I've been paying attention to my skin improving. I've been smearing whenever I have time in the morning. I've tried kefir, avocado, tomato, egg, and even some meat juices. All with excellent results. It seems good to vary it all too.
   Sulrin mentioned breast milk for healing acne (what prompted me to try kefir). Brest milk is good for healing most skin and mucus membrane problems. Also, good for eyes. - sorry, tangential.
    Stem cells are being used with great results in and on skin. Mostly plant stem cells are being used on skin. Maybe this is part of why my skin is improving, because my lines and tone of skin is improving not just the acne. I'm still eating well but not as well lately so there is no other explanation, for the recent improvement.
    I found an article today where sheep umbilical cord blood stem cells are used to make a facial serum. I don't have that now, but I'll try to get that from my farmer. He might freeze one for me.
      The human studies are harvested from bone marrow, which is the richest source in adults. We can all get frozen animal bone marrow. I'm pretty sure they freeze it, b/c they keep it for months while they continue to harvest more as a person only makes so much at a time. The bone marrow has nourishing fats too, so I tried it. It was more bloody than fatty and it itched like the lemon as it dried, so I rubbed some x-factor butter oil (I think it is pasteurized), then I just went nuts. I massaged a little bit of everything in my fridge onto my face.
    I haven't washed yet, it feels really good. I smell like cod liver oil  -v but, I look normal so, I'm going for a bike ride then, I'll wash and post my results.  I'll try to do this as much as I can and see if there are any long term benefits.  The lamb stem cell serum claimed it reduced wrinkles and healed broken capillaries and fine lines in weeks. I think fattier bone marrow might be fine alone, but this had almost no fat and dried quick, tight, and itchy. I have some fatty beef bones in the freezer for the rest of the week. I'll eat some every day too.
Are you SERIOUS? You already answered your own question! You know your problem. It's all the junk your eating. Eliminate the junk, and make better food choices. You have to nourish and clean out your body from the inside out. Instead of putting crap on your acne and expecting it to go away, while you still are consuming junk.  I mean, what exactly have you been eating? It doesn't sound Raw Paleo to me. If you want changes, you have to take the necessary steps. Step one: Cut out the CRAP/Junk out of your diet, and start following the RPD.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 01:13:08 am »
Hi Al I sleep on the ground. Every night. It's pretty flat, but I position a little high or low for comfort. I think about incline therapy when I do that, but nothing consistent. I'm a wiggle worm.  I've been following your hydrogen peroxide post but I haven't started yet.
    My Marrow is thawing for tonight's facial. I'm having fun. I used to do massage and body wraps, not facials, but all the goop feels luxiourios in a natural way. If this we have good results maybe we can start a spa. I miss the hands on healing. Not the same with nursing.

Chris- you and I are different.   - clearly. I trust you insult me because you belive I required your guidance.
      My path to health is exactly perfect for me. So, don't worry yourself a bit.
SERIOUSLY.    >D
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 04:41:43 am »

Chris- you and I are different.   - clearly. I trust you insult me because you belive I required your guidance.
      My path to health is exactly perfect for me. So, don't worry yourself a bit.
SERIOUSLY.    >D

You got that right, We are so very different. Andora, I think you have problems handling the truth! When you post in a public forum, expect to get a lot of different opinions. If you can't handle that, then maybe you shouldn't post at all. You think that was an insult? Boy, you are either way too sensitive, or you just can't handle an opinion that is different than yours. Ya, I can see your path to health is working for you. It's written all over your post! If it was working for you, you wouldn't post what you did. RIGHT. A little advice, if you want real results please follow the RAW Paleo Diet. I mean this is a raw paleo website you know.

Believe me, I don't worry about you at all. If you don't want to take my advise, I won't loose any sleep over it. Just ignore my post, and continue down the wrong path. I have a question that you can ponder in that brain of yours. What do you expect from people when you make a post like you did? SERIOUSLY! I thought your  >D was funny. It shows how immature and messed up you really are, if you think I'm EVIL for posting what I did. Please, get some help for yourself, or grow some thicker skin. Good luck with that concoction on your grill.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 09:20:37 am »
Chris. I've looked over your posts and you're not an ass. The  >D was, dark sarcasm. I'm too happy to fight so, I will refrain. It is a waste of our vital energy. I love me the way I am right now today, learning, experimenting, growing, aware, mistakes and pimples and wrinkles and all. I eat 100% strict RAVF diet except when I don't. I will take the high road, to avoid offending you, but I don't want to be like you. If you say something that is interesting to me I will appreciated and experiment. I didn't get anything useful from what you posted.
    My original post stated, "I've eaten junk repeatedly! I know that's why and I'm cleaning it up" ---4th line from the top. Of course, I strive toward internal health through diet, and I've stumbled upon something useful in my mistake that I want to explore.
     You seem to need a more dedicated raw diet practitioner than me. I doubt they're kicking me off the island from your veto alone. I hope you get what you need and feel better.  The advice I'm after  ---- Seriously, raw olive branch, offer of peace, tell me about your skin. Are you 100% never cheat raw, for how long, how old are you? Do you eat marrow? Have you applied it, or other "raw natural treatments" to your skin?

My post:
   I used fattier older beef marrow last night and it was more like a rich oil. It's grainy texture was mildly exfoliating. There was a slight odor, could easily be masked with essential oil, but I didn't. I left it on about an hour and then rinsed and applied coconut oil which removed all odor.
    My skin feels moister, and very soft, but it looks the same. Too, soon to tell. I will use that same marrow each night until Thursday. I'm thinking of applying in the morning too, very lightly and splashing water to decrease the intensity but retain some oil thought the day  ---  A 24hr low intensity treatment.

Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

CitrusHigh

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 10:09:28 am »
Adora, you just keep on doin' you. Chris may have handled his physical stuff, but he's not happy or he wouldn't spend so much energy trying to denigrate others.

I'm super excited to hear how the topicals go, especially the marrow! You are wise to remember that the most important thing is that you are happy and being true to yourself, anxiety and stress are literal killers. Enjoy and savor the process, one day you'll look back and just be tickled that you ever bothered to go on the journey!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 11:47:36 am »
Are you SERIOUS? You already answered your own question! You know your problem. It's all the junk your eating. Eliminate the junk, and make better food choices. You have to nourish and clean out your body from the inside out. Instead of putting crap on your acne and expecting it to go away, while you still are consuming junk.  I mean, what exactly have you been eating? It doesn't sound Raw Paleo to me. If you want changes, you have to take the necessary steps. Step one: Cut out the CRAP/Junk out of your diet, and start following the RPD.

Is this true?  In her case, probably.  Will it help her to say it?  Maybe not.

The ideal way to approach this sort of thing is to try to find ways to help them WITHOUT directly saying "you're not pure enough.  Try harder."  It's often the easiest/best fix, but some people aren't ready for the commitment. 

In the case of acne, usually either juicing or going low-carb/high-fat will reduce it.  Some people's acne gets better with juicing, but some gets worse.  That second group generally will see less acne by going low-carb/high-fat.

Try to be more respectful.  I know you are sincere in your responses, that's not in question.  I just wish I wasn't getting complaints about you from other moderators in PMs.  Please make some effort in this direction.  I have absolutely no wish to ban you, and I mean that, but if the complaints about you continue, and I don't see improvement, then you force my hand.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 12:06:49 pm »
I have older skin with other issues, but no acne. I notice that my skin responds to animal fats. I love experimenting with things like rubbing my greasy marrow fingers all over my face. I feel like such a cavewoman when I don't run to the sink to wash my hands.

Another thread a few months back discussed glycerin for skin. Glycerin is the liquid leftover when soap is made, so it is derived from fats. It softens and cleans without drying.

When I'm jonesing for something that will inflame my body, I expel the urge with a meditation moment... okay, sometimes it takes hours to get over the urge, but I aim to understand the poisonous-ness of what I want to eat. I think of skin eruptions as toxins (poisons) exiting through the skin. I'm not 100% successful, but if I spend enough time pondering the metabolic downside of eating modern temptations, I can usually lessen or avoid a bad binge.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 10:01:16 pm »
As far as "cheating", we all do. Some regularly. The idea with this site is to talk about and give ideas on how to reduce the likelihood of it. 55 years of eating cooked food doesn't just evaporate no matter how we try.
Cheers
Al

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 10:12:19 pm »
Try to be more respectful.  I know you are sincere in your responses, that's not in question.  I just wish I wasn't getting complaints about you from other moderators in PMs.  Please make some effort in this direction.  I have absolutely no wish to ban you, and I mean that, but if the complaints about you continue, and I don't see improvement, then you force my hand.

I agree that Christ sincerely wants to help others. He probably thinks his advice will be accepted and benefit others if he uses strong language.

I hope we can help Chris to not get banned before it is too late. He surely has some valid opinions to offer.

Christ, it appears that your perfect RP diet does not resolve your anger issue.

Are you a perfectionist? Did someone who was important to you in your past often use harsh language against you when you did not meet his/her expectation? Do you require yourself to be perfect--but fail to meet your own expectation from time to time? Are you judemental towards yourself because you cannot achieve perfection in many areas of your life? Could it be that your critical attitude towards others actually is your anger at yourself?

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 01:29:19 am »
Don't ban Chris based on this post. We talked. We're good. I like him tons, and I'll be extremely upset if he goes. Already displeased by the loss of the last 2 that were banned. On the other hand, love to the moderators. I don't want the job.

Cheri - you meant well but, you insinuated that I am not committed to diet. I'm not. I'm committed to me which is related to but not determined by diet.

Eve - me too with the meditation and I feel like I'm progressing and learning profound info about why I binge, cheat, crave, and why I don't. It is a learning curve.
     I'm glad you smear stuff on your skin too. I'm thinking of making a list of benificial foods how to apply, and how long to leave on. A raw beauty info section. I liked some older posts that helped me with my hair too. I use the glycerine on my feet, and like it. It is sticky and I haven't gotten used to the feel of it on my face. Do you use it straight or do you mix it?

I stayed up late on Internet last night and didn't do a mask, but I put a light coat of marrow on this morning. Then, massaged in with drops of water. It feels great and doesn't smell. It isn't even oily.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 04:33:44 am »
i agree i think chris is a good dude too.  also you all should know dopedivinity posted a recipe for fermented heart and was never able to post the results, he said it was delicious, like the taste of a good roast beef but really tender :) ! skin is happy up here in idaho, lots of mosquitos this year but not having nearly as bad of a reaction to them, also not getting so many bits, thank you raw meats :)!

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 07:43:31 am »
Hi Adora,
how did the Kefir work for you? I'm wondering if it has similar effects to bm.

I have struggled with mild acne on and off, so I guess this thread is also for me. Sometimes its worse, and sometimes just a few blemishes, but I rarely got to the point where I was completely clear...without the birth control pill or pregnancy hormones that is.
My skin was still great after the birth of my son, even without the pill (which I will never take again), but the more I went off the bad foods, the more I was breaking out.
Really weird, I think I may be detoxing, as well as reacting differently to foods that I cut down on. For example, wheat never caused me obvious problems, but ever since I cut it out (and grains in general of course) I will react to it badly if I decide to cheat on my diet...I am talking breakouts, bloated stomach and pain, chapped dry lips, hazy feeling.
My skins worst enemies are wheat, dairy and corn. Things like rice won't make me break out, raw butter seems to be okay as well (at least I have not noticed any increase from it).
Lately I have been very strict with my raw paleo (transition) diet and not cheated with the occasional grain or dairy foods and my skin has been clearing up. I feel at the moment that is the only way for me to stay clear.
Certain foods are more likely to cause acne because of the insulin response (Insulin is a hormone that boosts inflammation levels in your body, which aggravates acne). Foods with a high glycemic level raise insulin.
What adds to the problem is that a bad diet can cause other skin and hair problems. The skin can produce excess oil and be dry at the same time, inflamed and red...a mess pretty much, I have had that. The excess oil can then clogs the pores and lead to even more problems. It is also likely that the wrong diet AND washing can ruin the skins natural pH, which is acidic, therefore lowering its ability to protect itself, a more alkaline pH can cause open pores, perfect for that excess oil to clog them.  l)
And of course, all that inflammation breaks down collagen, seriously clogged pores can stay open forever (ever taken out a black head and were left with a hole that won't close?), can cause scars...= over the years we will have a seriously aged, more grainy complexion than when younger, I have even seen it in people literally
Thinking about all that, I am so ready for my skin to heal completely and scared out of cheating.

~Topical treatments I like are green clay to wash, lemon juice or raw sugar for exfoliation, breastmilk or honey to soothe, heal (occasional mask), diluted apple cider vinegar as a toner (restores pH, closes pores)
~Supplements that help me are Vitamin D (3000-6000 IU), Zinc, Silica, B Vitamins.
~Things I avoid on my skin oils, heavy creams, make up foundation.
I use a light organic moisturizer during the day that has SPF. I have gotten better results with carefully moisturizing than completely skipping it, since without it my skin will be a bit dry and irritated, causing more stress and break outs.
~Other than that moderate sun exposure seems to be good, just a few minutes without sun screen, I try to avoid an actual tan...although sometimes it is hard not to...it happens fast on hot days -.-.

I started documenting my progress in pictures, although I have not taken pictures of the worst, since it got better before I was able to.
Blemishes on forehead: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/rA4NbCOaebMokQfAnZTFszcnyZS0PWC8MuEhC_GtMPY?feat=directlink
A little better but still around cheeks, mouth and chin:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Rp4I3APeZKbmBYRpMAZQlDcnyZS0PWC8MuEhC_GtMPY?feat=directlink

Clearer now:
1.https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PD7sVmGrnbfewBu7w96-vzcnyZS0PWC8MuEhC_GtMPY?feat=directlink
2.https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/mZPSdA_b_cw81KxPsP1bjTcnyZS0PWC8MuEhC_GtMPY?feat=directlink
3.https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eyxMrcf0cTetFiztg9bpTzcnyZS0PWC8MuEhC_GtMPY?feat=directlink

Sorry, close ups make me look weird, plus it was hot that day so I look bothered  -[. Just FYI I have freckles.

I think with a good routine you will definitively be able to better your skin, but like some have mentioned, diet can help you clear up completely. :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:50:18 am by Suiren »
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 08:25:49 am »
Hi Suiren
     The Kefir was the best in the bath. Whole body and face wash, felt soothing and wonderful. Not good in my hair, left it oily and smelly. The next day washed hair with whole egg and hair was pretty. My skin is still breaking out, but in little white heads, not big hard red painful. I've been perfect raw but today ate too much fruit and had honey. I have a grainy big pore complexion. I had 40 yrs of carbs so, your info seems accurate. Where did you get it? ACV to shrink pores, like a toner? You don't eat any fruit or honey, just grains in the past and some cooked starches now, right?
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 09:55:07 am »
Eve - me too with the meditation and I feel like I'm progressing and learning profound info about why I binge, cheat, crave, and why I don't. It is a learning curve.

I'm using some cognitive techniques that I have used before, but with better results now that I have a clear idea of what foods make me feel best. Before RPD, I knew I shouldn't eat that way but I didn't know what foods I could thrive on.

I use the glycerine on my feet, and like it. It is sticky and I haven't gotten used to the feel of it on my face. Do you use it straight or do you mix it?

I use glycerine as a mask on my face and hands, and then I rinse it off after a while. I make my toothpaste with glycerine, a dash of peppermint oil, and baking soda. I probably don't need to brush my teeth, but I like the way it wakes up my mouth.  ;D
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 10:02:42 am »

I probably don't need to brush my teeth, but I like the way it wakes up my mouth.  ;D

The gum stimulation is probably good for your gums. The mint is something that really feels nice in the mouth, and it has antibacterial properties.  As long as you aren't eroding your teeth by pressing too hard, I think it's probably beneficial.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 10:04:49 am »
Don't ban Chris based on this post. We talked. We're good. I like him tons, and I'll be extremely upset if he goes. Already displeased by the loss of the last 2 that were banned. On the other hand, love to the moderators. I don't want the job.

Cheri - you meant well but, you insinuated that I am not committed to diet. I'm not. I'm committed to me which is related to but not determined by diet.

Chris and I have talked as well.  I think we're all better for the experience.  I hope I'm a better moderator because of it.  I definitely appreciate your patience and understanding.

As far as being committed to yourself first, of course! That's what it's all about. 

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 08:07:02 pm »
Hi Suiren
     The Kefir was the best in the bath. Whole body and face wash, felt soothing and wonderful. Not good in my hair, left it oily and smelly. The next day washed hair with whole egg and hair was pretty. My skin is still breaking out, but in little white heads, not big hard red painful. I've been perfect raw but today ate too much fruit and had honey. I have a grainy big pore complexion. I had 40 yrs of carbs so, your info seems accurate. Where did you get it? ACV to shrink pores, like a toner? You don't eat any fruit or honey, just grains in the past and some cooked starches now, right?

Yes, ACV is very acidic. Toners are no different, they are meant to close pores. ACV can do the same for hair, it smooths out the cuticle. It is supposed to neutralize the alkalinity of soap (hairs pH is also more acidic, just like skin). It is also best to use cold water while toning skin or rinsing hair.
I ate a lot of grains and pasta in the past, but never a lot of fruit. Atm I eat some fruit, like one a day or none. And honey every morning. And I do eat a small amount of cooked starches with my raw butter so I can gain weight.

My info is combining what I know from past studies (hair and skin biology) and what I learned here and through research about diet.  :)

The surface of the skin can heal and improve to some degree, also with the help of treatments like microdermabrasion, strong glycolic acid peels after the skin has cleared up. Nothing I would recommend for frequent use, but the theory is that mild scraping or burning of the skins surface triggers a healing response.
I have not tried it though, that's just what I learned, and I'm not a fan of cosmetic products sold for lots of money...
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 09:22:44 pm »
Acne comes from within. You will not get rid of it from the outside. You may control it a bit with expensive garbage and great effort, but it is just garbage eaten or poorly digested foods that make their way around the system and get stuck in a blood vessel somewhere and fester.

Women spend mounds of money in denial of this fact and that is not likely to change.  ;D

At one point in history women put lead filled pastes on their skin to make it appear white (I cannot imagine why) and then slowly went crazy with lead poisoning.
Cheers
Al

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 01:20:47 am »
  I hope I'm a better moderator because of it.  I definitely appreciate your patience and understanding.

Many thanks to you and all the mods.

What are the rewards of being a mod? I figure you don't get paid. Just curious. I do not want your job.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 11:47:23 am »
Many thanks to you and all the mods.

What are the rewards of being a mod? I figure you don't get paid. Just curious. I do not want your job.

I have no idea what the other mods get from it.  I personally appreciate all the people reporting their results with different foods, diets, and other alternative health methods.

I also have a passion for extremely clear, concise communication, and for pure, unadorned fact.  I strive to make this forum a place where you can find the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...about diet, anyway.

Also, a lot of people have helped me on my path, and I feel I should 'pay it forward', as it were. 

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 11:48:25 pm »
I think I am noticing a minimal improvement as far as younger skin goes. I've been continuing to improve my diet habits, and using marrow internally and externally for only 4 days. Acne is slowly lessening. Using ACV and lemon as well, and I wash with warm, cool, or cold water, never hot. I miss hot soaks.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk