Author Topic: Meal planning  (Read 7519 times)

Offline SoulJourner

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Meal planning
« on: April 14, 2012, 05:13:57 am »
Does anyone have suggestions for raw menu plan services? I find I have been following, more or less, the Primal diet by AV but it is hard to stay consistent, social situations and family are not onboard, and I'm looking for help with menu plans that are raw mostly but incorporate perhaps some cooking, and true to concepts of AV and/or Weston Price. I am not very organized on my own but want some help with planning, shopping lists, recipes etc on a weekly basis so I can get consistent healthy, efficient meals made for myself and my family. Haven't found anything yet that fits the bill.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:56:14 am by TylerDurden »

CitrusHigh

Re: Meal planning
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 05:54:20 am »
Do you have nourishing traditions or better, Aajonus' second book, the recipe for living without disease? That will give you some ideas. Also it probably goes without saying, but scour the culinary section here.

Can you tell us a bit about your demographics and you social sitches so we can take that in to consideration?

Good luck!

Offline SoulJourner

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 12:55:46 pm »
I'm in northern California (sf bay area) and while I'm not wealthy I am willing to spend on food, such as raw dairy, pastured soy and corn-free eggs from local farms, and grass-fed beef (although I get the beef at Whole Foods and always feel vaguely worried that I can't trust them - but since I'm unwilling to freeze, I can't find another source). I have AV book, and have used some of those recipes, although none of them will work for my husband. I also am reluctant to send obviously raw meat to school with my 6-year-old kindergartener because the cliques are already hell and I don't want to give them any ammunition. She does eat raw beef and butter just as prescribed in the weight-loss cycle of AV primal diet, and drinks a shake most days, as well as a tiny amount of the green veggie juice he prescribed for me (celery, cilantro, cucumber, zucchini, and carrot + raw honey). It would help to have some meal planning/shopping list type help that would allow me to easily provide other alternatives that she and my husband could eat so I'm not making 2 or 3 different meals or having to do entire meals every day - although most menu planners I've sampled end up accomplishing that by using batch prep/freezing, and I'd rather not do the freezing (although, if I'm willing to bend and allow some cooking, maybe I might as well bend and allow freezing too, sigh....)

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 11:13:39 pm »
While I'm probably not addressing the main issue of meal planning, I wanted to mention that Lundardi's markets carry Humboldt Grassfed Beef - I buy cuts like the rump for under $6 pound. Marin Sun Farms offers market or CSA options in this area,  although I don't shop with them much. I am in San Jose, if you want to discuss shopping in this area.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline SoulJourner

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 01:36:51 am »
Hi eveheart, yes, would love to chat about shopping in the area and I'll PM my contact info.  Do you have other local friends who are RPD'ers? Maybe we can talk about menu and strategies too. I'm going to check out Marin Sun Farms and see if it's possible to get unfrozen beef.

Offline eoterm

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 07:30:40 pm »
Hello, I live in Downtown san jose, near san jose state university.  Would like to get to know people people who eat raw meat, so I can see how they prepare it, I don't think I could eat it on my own but if i saw other people eating it i think I could do it to!

www.facebook.com/robtekk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk