Author Topic: Inger's healing journey  (Read 147095 times)

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
Re: Inger's healing journey
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2012, 01:20:07 am »
Great post Inger, I love the pictures. I've been wanting more fish too. I think the iodine and seaweed might have increased my anxiety. I'm usually a calm person, I've been avoiding it, but I'll start soaking some slowly again. With so many things revolving in the pot of my life it is hard to know what causes what.
    I want to be the best I can be too, but I wonder if maybe the chocolate slows progress in a good way. You've been under more busy stress too. Just consider with an open mind that maybe the chocolate serves a purpose. If you are sure it doesn't, then it may be easier to stay away.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2012, 05:09:01 am »
I have eaten small fish with heads, eyes and all before...last was about 10 years ago, not RPD but Japanese Food.
I always had trouble with the head though, chewing it, and I can't say I loved the eyes, I ate it out of politeness most of the time ;)
Do you have any advice for chewing the head?

I also wonder about the taste of reindeer, and if it is similar to deer maybe? ???
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2012, 06:11:32 am »
Does anyone have suggestions on how to make blended / ground fish heads, as when I put a fish head in my blender it sounds like I'm killing it!

I tried cutting it with a knife first, but the head was too hard to cut.
I am considering buying a meat cleaver to chop the heads up first before blending - can anyone advise on whether a heavy cleaver is best (800g) or a medium one (600g)?

I am also wondering if a meat grinder would be better than a blender, if I used a cleaver to cut pieces to fit in the grinder then it should last longer than a blender. As long as the grinder feed tube was small enough for the chunks to fit, possibly a commercial grinder would be best to have a larger intake size?

Also a commercial grade blender would be an option.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2012, 10:31:37 am »
Does anyone have suggestions on how to make blended / ground fish heads, as when I put a fish head in my blender it sounds like I'm killing it!

Use good equipment.  Some Cutco kitchen scissors and a Vitamix blender should easily handle any fish head.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2012, 04:28:19 pm »
Grinder is probably better, cheaper, more useful (you can grind meat). But I have no experience, I'm just guessing.

Blenders spin at ultra high speeds, generate heat (not sure if this can cook your fish a bit..), mix the food with air a million times until you're done which oxidizes it very quickly (just watch how bananas or apples change to brown as you blend them). Not sure I'd like the same happening to the PUFA in fish.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2012, 08:45:40 am »
inger, we have abundant sea buckthorn here......i am just now looking up a recipe for a salve or oil made from it:) thanks for reminding me

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2012, 06:12:56 pm »
Adora, yeah.. sometimes I do eat chocolate but not often. It can go weeks in between. Anxiety could be detox, I had that too when doing CT in the beginning. I guess I detoxed excessive estrogen or my hormones were playing crazy somehow. Or I detoxed some poison from my fatcells..lol. It will pass. How long have you been feeling the anxiety Adora? Maybe good idea to step a bit back as I did with my CT back then. I just took it slower. The anxiety lasted a few weeks though.. it was bad. Now I have nothing like that anymore but I take it slow. The water in the river is 48 degrees now. I swim 100-200 m. in it every day. That is not much. I stay in from 4 to 10 minutes, not more. I am taking it slow..lol. I have only around 60 degree F in my apartment though so that is CT too somehow. In the night even less as I sleep with windows wide open. I like so much to have it cool!

@ GS, The reindeer tastes quite a lot like deer, I have to say! It has a mild taste, and the marrow is just so incredible delicious. Hard to describe the taste it is just so tasty!
I have never eaten sea lion, no.. have not seen it here eather..

@ Alive,
I have just a cheap blender that costed maybe 40 €.. Work very well for mackerel heads and other soft heads, just cut them with a scissor into smaller pieces first!
I am not blending them so long that they get warm or anything..lol. You can try to chew the heads whole for sure if you like to.. looks like you have no yucky-feeling about foods at all looking at your journal..LOL

@ Jessica,
post the recipe if you find a good one! Until then I do just.. reindeer bone-marrow pure and buckthorn pure very easy very yucky..lol I need to find a partner that do not mind me smelling like reideer-marrow. HELP. I am kind of being sad at times I will never find a man that fit.. It makes me sad at times for sure. A man that would not mind being in the cold and dark. Where is he. -[ Maybe one day he will come in my way. Until then I need to heal fast to be pretty.
I need to do the marrow buckthorn every day because of that too.. but I forget! Uh.. But I tell you the marrow is great for my skin..

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2012, 10:57:11 am »
Inger you are beautiful as you are! its unfortunate that it is so difficult to find a suitable mate, but its definitely not because you aren't a radiant and intelligent woman.  I think that, for a few of us on the forum, the problem is there aren't any men around who would do us much justice in a relationship
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:43:41 pm by TylerDurden »

CitrusHigh

« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2012, 04:06:53 pm »
Inger you are beautiful as you are! its unfortunate that it is so difficult to find a suitable mate, but its definitely not because you aren't a radiant and intelligent woman.  I think that, for a few of us on the forum, the problem is there aren't any men around who would do us much justice in a relationship

All of you are beautiful as you are! And inspiring! Given all of our chosen(sort of!) lifestyles, eating and living, to find someone like that narrows the pool to be certain. But to be sure, there is someone, or more than one out there for everyone in the pool of 7 billion human souls. But perhaps the reason we don't find that person or series of persons right away is so that we can work on ourselves, learn our personal lessons and truly get to know ourselves. It seems like that would make it easier for us to identify someone who we would meld with, hard to know what you want in someone else if you don't know what makes you, you. I know before all of this I never had any real attributes that I valued in a mate. She just had to be attractive to me and us enjoy eachother's company. Now, I want someone who's idea of clean is not sterile, but chemical free. Someone who can see through the vast amount of illusion in the way the world is presented by the so-called power structure. A person who lives in the present, doesn't take things too seriously but still wants to leave the world better and healthier than when they arrived here. A person who is connected to the earth, likes living in the folds of nature.

When a person like that comes along, shares my core values and is at the same place I am in life, things will unfold naturally, and it will be like finding my reflection in another. And this can happen for all of us. If we hold an image of that person in our mind's eye, see them coming in to our lives, feel the emotions we'll feel to have someone who shares our values, loves who we are and what we are, has the same interests, that person will come along eventually.

Of course if you want to meet people like that, the internet helps! lol Not completely necessary though, just go out in to the world, let your light shine and eventually the right moth will be attracted! I know I'd love to find a girl like anyone of you ladies, strong, smart, independent, kind and caring, you're all really wonderful!

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2012, 07:17:52 pm »
Toth and Jessica.. you are just too kind!  :-*

I am thinking like Toth says.. it is good to be alone for some while to heal and find oneself. Very good. I actually enjoy it tremendously most of the time to be honest.
Life is full of suprises. :) Better live in the present and amazing things start to happend.. (and no, I have not meet any man yet..lol I just embrace the present and it is beautiful to live in the moment)

Offline Bio-shell Avatar

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2012, 09:11:46 pm »
hi inger!

the best way to increase your testosterone levels (and growth hormone!) is high intensity training (hit) or high intensity interval training (hiit). it takes no more than two workouts of about 15-20 min per week.

what's important is that you make them as intense as possible, meaning you should be dead on your feet afterwards. that's what forces the body to up the hormones in order to adapt to the increased stress. the short duration and long periods of 3-4 days recovery make sure you don't overtrain or get inflammation. hill sprints are great in terms of hiit (swimming too if you can make it sprints  ;)), and for hit, resistance training with heavy weights until muscle failure. check out the sprint 8 videos on dr. mercola's website for hiit using an elliptical trainer. it's the best cardio exercise you can do and takes only 20 minutes.

btw, be sure to eat two or three small raw protein meals (+ some fat) right after the exercise (no carbs! insulin counters the other anabolic hormones) to help the body rebuild the destroyed muscle fibers.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2012, 03:23:27 am »
@Inger - yes I'm willing to try yucky foods if they can contribute to health, it seems to make sense that since modern 'yummy' foods have been making me sick that natural 'yucky' foods could contribute to wellness. The fish heads I have been getting are too big to fit in my mouth - maybe if I go fishing and catch the tiny fish that people normally through away I will try eating them whole, lol. I am pleased to now be able to eat whole raw lambs heart, liver and kidney by just biting into them - a packed lunch is very easy to prepare by just chucking a few organs in an old bag (need to get my glass ware sorted to reduce plastic contact).
A few weeks ago I had a gutted fish in the fridge that went pretty stinky, so I have buried it in our organic garden and intend to dig it up soon to try ground ripened fish  ;D

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2012, 01:54:09 pm »
hi inger!

the best way to increase your testosterone levels (and growth hormone!) is high intensity training (hit) or high intensity interval training (hiit). it takes no more than two workouts of about 15-20 min per week.

@ Alive,

Bio-Shell, thank you for the reminder! Maybe I will start some HIIT. Nice to have you in the forum!  :)

@Inger - yes I'm willing to try yucky foods if they can contribute to health, it seems to make sense that since modern 'yummy' foods have been making me sick that natural 'yucky' foods could contribute to wellness. The fish heads I have been getting are too big to fit in my mouth - maybe if I go fishing and catch the tiny fish that people normally through away I will try eating them whole, lol. I am pleased to now be able to eat whole raw lambs heart, liver and kidney by just biting into them - a packed lunch is very easy to prepare by just chucking a few organs in an old bag (need to get my glass ware sorted to reduce plastic contact).
A few weeks ago I had a gutted fish in the fridge that went pretty stinky, so I have buried it in our organic garden and intend to dig it up soon to try ground ripened fish  ;D

you are funny...LOL Buried fish in the garden.. HUH!!!
But I am like you wuth my packed lunch, I love how easy it is to just pack a few lambs hearts that's it! On/at my work I want to have it very easy and quick and for that raw paleo wins totally. :)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2012, 02:05:30 pm »
So, the protocol goes well. I eat mostly from the sea. Seaweeds every day.
I got 5 kg whole, raw mackerels this week. OMG I was so happy! I had the head-smoothie yesterday. I did some delish tartar from the meat. Oh it was so delish I could eat it forever!!! I had a few lambs hearts too. I could not remember they tasted THAT good!!! I was sad when they were gone. I will get some more Thursday. I cannot wait. They do my broken heart so good for sure.

Me after a day of cheating.. at work with goat cheese and cream. Some organic red wine too. Makes me a bit puffy..lol.

But I feel great for sure. I eat lots and lots of wild berries and some wild mushrooms too. I love them dried and crispy. Plain. Something have changed with my teeth. They are not getting sensitive anymore from the sour wild berries, I can eat as much as I want! Before I always got a bit sensitive teeth if eating very much of them Now, nothing at all! Wow. Tells me something good is going on! And my skin on my body is so very smooth! I like this. :)

I have cutted a bit back on swimming in the river, I only swim 100 meter now every morning. Water is around 47 degrees F (8 degree C) I did 300 m for a week or so but I got some detox (depressed mood) and cut back. I cannot do too much CT. So I do baby steps. I have it very cool when I sleep, window wide open always.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:22:57 pm by Inger »

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2012, 02:21:11 pm »
Wow, you look fucking fantastic! (Emphasis on Fucking.)
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2012, 02:38:52 pm »
Brad.. what is this fucking about...?!  :o No bad words in my journal! (LOL just kidding..) Must be the mackerel heads..lol

@ GS.. help please!!! I wanted to change the name of my journal but it does not work how do I do it?  -\

CitrusHigh

« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2012, 02:45:49 pm »
I always love your style Inger. In this one you look like you're in an adventure movie, like Indiana Jones or Lara Croft. Damn!

Keep it up with those mackerel heads! lol
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:59:45 pm by Thoth »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2012, 08:33:54 pm »
Brad.. what is this fucking about...?!  :o No bad words in my journal! (LOL just kidding..) Must be the mackerel heads..lol

@ GS.. help please!!! I wanted to change the name of my journal but it does not work how do I do it?  -\

What new journal name would you like to have? "Inger's healing journey" ?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2012, 09:14:01 pm »
GS, yes. "Inger's healing journey" would be great! Is it possible? Does it sound weird..?

@ Toth, thank you  ;). Not ever will I give up the fishheads, that is for sure. Like a drug to me..lol

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2012, 10:14:58 pm »
GS, yes. "Inger's healing journey" would be great! Is it possible? Does it sound weird..?

Subject / Topic name changed.

@ Toth, thank you  ;). Not ever will I give up the fishheads, that is for sure. Like a drug to me..lol

Careful with overdosing.  I remember having oyster binges, egg binges, etc.  Listen to your body signals and you will know when you have had enough fish heads.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2012, 12:09:18 am »
GS, thank you for changing the name!
Mackerel-head-smoothie-binge...?! LOL.. no chance.. they are like gold to me. No opportunity to binge on them at all.
I only eat the heads from the fishes I eat, the whole fish. I do not always get mackerel either. Sometimes there goes weeks in between and I have none. I wish I had more, that's for sure!
I do try to listen to my body always GS. Thank you for your reminder. It is always good to be reminded about that.

I would love to have an oyster binge... but huh they are too expensive here. How did you feel after your oyster binge GS?

That is what I had today, twice. First mackerel heads and livers as a smoothie and then mackerel tartar with seaweed, organic onion, raw organic apple cider vinegar, raw wild honey, celtic seasalt, fresh grated organic ginger, self dried wild mushrooms on the top. It does not look too appealing, I know.. but boah.. was it good.

Wild, fresh berries for dessert. It could not be better.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:41:44 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2012, 02:40:50 am »
Wow now that's a healthy meal Inger!

Do you buy your fish whole, so you can gut them and eat the offal?
Do you choose smaller fish to get the heads in the blender more easily?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2012, 06:21:47 am »
hmmmmm...  so I took apart mackerel head.  besides tiny brain and badly tasting gills everything else was hard or bony, eyes, tongue, and the rest of the head.  even in the mashed up state I'm somewhat puzzled to see much nutrients.

the heart is very close to the head so I'm not counting it since I took it out.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2012, 10:20:50 am »
those mushrooms look gooooood!  beautiful photos as always, you and your meal..

i am interested why you would want to increase your testosterone...did you end up getting your hormones checked and are low testosterone?  or do you feel a need to increase it for some reason?

i have been invited to live off the sea down in mexico for the month of december. hiking and fishing and building fires and camping.  i would love to consider this but have a feeling the ocean is terribly polluted down there.  you look so radiant from eating so much fish though, i would love to live near clean waters to fish or have easy access to a source!

do you think your teeth are benefiting from all of the minerals in not only the seaweed but the cartilage, skin and bones as well as the high amount of vitamin c that probably helps it all absorb in your body?  i have just begun making thick rosehip tea, which has a lot of vitamin c and pectin, its so tasty, and much less sweet than the fresh berries i was eating.

@ys......what do nutrients look like?  the cartilage, bones etc are full of nutrients....!  minerals, fats, gelatins, amino acids.  i am pretty sure even inger thinks it tastes gross lol!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2012, 04:15:29 pm »
i have been invited to live off the sea down in mexico for the month of december. hiking and fishing and building fires and camping.  i would love to consider this but have a feeling the ocean is terribly polluted down there.  you look so radiant from eating so much fish though, i would love to live near clean waters to fish or have easy access to a source!
I don't think the Pacific Ocean is much polluted along the Mexican coast (at least until the arrival of the Tsunami's debris from Japan  >:) and the Southern part of the Sea of Cortez in Baja isn't polluted neither. There was plenty of shellfish last time I was there, a kind of paradise. :)

The coastal waters on the Gulf of Mexico side are  more polluted, I think. And the Baltic Sea... -\  :(
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:27:21 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk