Author Topic: Inger's healing journey  (Read 147083 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Inger's healing journey
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2012, 08:03:11 pm »
GS, yes. "Inger's healing journey" would be great! Is it possible? Does it sound weird..?

@ Toth, thank you  ;). Not ever will I give up the fishheads, that is for sure. Like a drug to me..lol

I was hoping for 'Inger's Bikini Journey' but hey

Anyways food looks amazing/alien
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2012, 05:18:27 am »
I don't think the Pacific Ocean is much polluted along the Mexican coast and the Southern part of the Sea of Cortez in Baja isn't polluted neither. There was plenty of shellfish last time I was there, a kind of paradise. :)

oh, thanks for the info and personal experience iguana, i would be in baja so perhaps in a beautiful clean environment with some decent seafood. although the only thing that was mentioned where lobsters, which are one of my least favorite seafood, but i have never had them fresh.

sorry to usurp your post for a moment inger!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2012, 09:25:21 am »
This radio program about 'Social jetlag' fits in with what Inger has been saying...
"Till Roenneberg's a German sleep scientist who reckons blackout curtains, computer screens, and artificial lighting are all shifting us away from the natural lighting cycle of sunrise and sunset. (23?55?)"

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/thiswayup/audio/2534670/social-jetlag.asx

CitrusHigh

« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2012, 09:53:43 am »
J, those lobsters are nothing like main lobster, and also raw lobster is one of the sweetest meats there is imo, so good, whether it's maine or spiny (tropical). I had it fresh out of the water in Belize and it was cooked, but incredible, have had maine lobster raw and that was a delicacy, but not fresh.

Also, I've not been to baja, but spent a month and half in Puerto vallarta which shares the same water and the seafood tasted and looked clean and fresh, I'd go for it if have a good feeling about it, but be careful if there are any red flags ahead of time, please!

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2012, 10:16:02 am »
Wow Inger you really are looking nice and healthy. :)
You got me inspired to look into jack kruse's science and it is all rock solid! I am following closer and closer to a diet like yours.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2012, 06:37:42 pm »
I was hoping for 'Inger's Bikini Journey' but hey

Anyways food looks amazing/alien

I will post a bikini shot extra for you one day, Wodgina. Promised.  ;)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2012, 06:55:16 pm »
The waters around Finland are very polluted, it is the most radioactive sea in the world. I eat the fish anyways. I feel great from it. The fishermen in Finland eating lots of polluted fish are very healthy shows our governments research. So why should I fear? I do not eat any crap like they do additionally (I strongly suppose..), either.

I just had some local wildcaught small fish from the polluted sea.. I made a shake from the raw heads and seaweeds and drank it.. then I cooked the rest of the fish with bones and skin gently in water for a minute or two, added more seaweeds and Celtic sea salt and curcumin. So good. It is my comfort food. For breakfast I had raw lambshearts with raw onion and wild berries for dessert.
Yesterday at work I had just 3 whole lambshearts with me and ate them with scissors for dinner. A coworker come into the room when I was eating and got a small shock seeing what I ate. We talked about it and then she said she might try one day, because she thought I was the healthiest person she knew.. so it had to be something to it.. lol

@ Polyvore, yes his science really is rock solid when you take a deeper look! Most do not bother to, sadly. I am so glad you did!!!

@ Alive, cool! Yes, it is science. Nothing made up for sure. I feel it so strong when I can come home totally exhausted from work, I almost cry so exhausted am I from the big buildings and noise.. fake lights = led lights..I hate them.. (I am working for two weeks in a different place and I can tell it exhausts me) and then I have only candles at night, I go to sleep early.. I take a dip in the river.. I sleep in cold and dark. Eat great foods. The next day I am new. Totally regenerated. I could work every single day into exhaustion and I am always new next day! It is fascinating!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 06:57:27 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2012, 07:01:02 pm »
Wow now that's a healthy meal Inger!

Do you buy your fish whole, so you can gut them and eat the offal?
Do you choose smaller fish to get the heads in the blender more easily?

Alive, I do not choose smaller fish because the ones I use the heads from are soft enough. I just cut them before with skissors into smaller pieces if bigger heads like mackerel to ease it for my poor blender.

From harder heads like cod I make fish broth if I get any. If non-fat fish.

- - - - -

Check out this.. huh!!

From the fermented section: The Indians also enjoyed fermented, gamey animal foods. The Coahuiltecans, living in the inland brush country of south Texas set fish aside for eight days "until larvae and other insects had developed in the rotting flesh.24 They were then consumed as an epicure's delight, along with the rotten fish." Samuel Hearne describes a fermented dish consumed by the Chippewaya and Cree: "The most remarkable dish among them. . . is blood mixed with the half-digested food which is found in the caribou's stomach, and boiled up with a sufficient quantity of water to make it of the consistence of pease-pottage. Some fat and scraps of tender flesh are also shred small and boiled with it. To render this dish more palatable, they have a method of mixing the blood with the contents of the stomach in the paunch itself, and hanging it up in the heat and smoke of the fire for several days; which puts the whole mass into a state of fermentation, which gives it such an agreeable acid taste, that were it not for prejudice, it might be eaten by those who have the nicest palates."

From the remarkable health section:
The early explorers consistently described the native Americans as tall and well formed. Of the Indians of Texas, the explorer Cabeza de Vaca wrote, "The men could run after a deer for an entire day without resting and without apparent fatigue. . . one man near seven feet in stature. . . runs down a buffalo on foot and slays it with his knife or lance, as he runs by its side."7 The Indians were difficult to kill. De Vaca reports on an Indian "traversed by an arrow. . . he does not die but recovers from his wound." The Karakawas, a tribe that lived near the Gulf Coast, were tall, well-built and muscular. "The men went stark naked, the lower lip and nipple pierced, covered in alligator grease [to ward off mosquitoes], happy and generous, with amazing physical prowess. . . they go naked in the most burning sun, in winter they go out in early dawn to take a bath, breaking the ice with their body."

From the whole animal section:

According to John (Fire) Lame Deer, the eating of guts had evolved into a contest. "In the old days we used to eat the guts of the buffalo, making a contest of it, two fellows getting hold of a long piece of intestines from opposite ends, starting chewing toward the middle, seeing who can get there first; that’s eating. Those buffalo guts, full of half-fermented, half-digested grass and herbs, you didn’t need any pills and vitamins when you swallowed those."

http://westonaprice.org/traditional-diets/628-guts-and-grease?qh=YTo0OntpOjA7czo1OiJkcmllZCI7aToxO3M6NDoibWVhdCI7aToyO3M6NToibWVhdHMiO2k6MztzOjEwOiJkcmllZCBtZWF0Ijt9
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 07:08:40 pm by Inger »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2012, 02:29:01 am »
Today morning still in bed reading the news and drinking my morning coffee.. sorry.. without makeup.. that is the ugly truth how I look in the mornings.. ha.

Today I did something not so pretty so why make things up..lol
For the ones that are a bit more sensitive.. maybe do not look  further in this post.  l)

For breakfast I had delish salmon tartare with wildcaught local salted roe. That was so yummy. Then some fishhead-seaweed-smoothie.

I had 6 oysters too. I order such a pack with 12 in it for every friday because they are so healing food, they are from France, Bretagne btw. They was good!

For dessert I did a seaweed/chocolate/wild raw honey smoothie. Yum!

For dinner I ate tartar from a local fish, the heads as a smoothie with some soaked kombu. I had mussels too with the tartar, precooked, and fresh coriander.

Then comes the not so pretty part. I wanted to save the brains from our two lambs that my brother slaughtered yesterday. He saved the heads for me but I did not told him what I will do with them because he thinks it is sick to eat the brain. So I had to get it out myself. It was a bit not so fun to cut the sweet lambs heads I had kissed so many times..huh. Weird. But I was playing I was brains surgeon  Jack Kruse..lol and it made it so much easier. They was not alive either like in real surgery so that made it even easier! Here is how I did it and what I used to do it. It was really easy in the end!

Tomorrow I will try one brain. Plain and raw as I always use to eat organs. I got the hearts, liver, kidneys and lungs too.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:49:54 am by TylerDurden »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2012, 05:51:13 am »
Inger,  can't find the words, but I like reading how inventive you are, and so willing to try things.  Makes me Almost feel mainstream.  You are one person I will be most interested to see how your health and food choices grows, evolves or changes with time.  Have you gotten used to fish head smoothies yet, or do you still need to hold your nose?

CitrusHigh

« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2012, 11:08:46 am »
I will post a bikini shot extra for you one day, Wodgina. Promised.  ;)

Ummm please do, you are a great testimonial for RVAF eating and natural living, no need to be shy about that, it's a good thing!!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2012, 11:40:22 am »
Do you have a spare room?
Will you open a raw paleo bed and breakfast service?
I'm sure you will be fully booked!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:52:33 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2012, 12:10:45 am »
Inger,  can't find the words, but I like reading how inventive you are, and so willing to try things.  Makes me Almost feel mainstream.  You are one person I will be most interested to see how your health and food choices grows, evolves or changes with time.  Have you gotten used to fish head smoothies yet, or do you still need to hold your nose?

aww.. thanks Van! I am curious too where this journey will end... ;)
I do am holding my nose still drinking my fishhead-smoothies. I am not so sure if I want to get used to the taste at all..lol
Today I made one with just 2 smallish heads and some raw fresh celery, it tasted pretty good cause I forgot to rinse my mouth after!

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2012, 12:12:58 am »
Ummm please do, you are a great testimonial for RVAF eating and natural living, no need to be shy about that, it's a good thing!!

Promise.. one day.  :-* IDK I am in no way a perfect rawpaleodieter, I eat some cooked at times too.. -X
I am just not any religious about anything..

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2012, 12:14:36 am »
Do you have a spare room?
Will you open a raw paleo bed and breakfast service?
I'm sure you will be fully booked!

I do have. I someone needs bed and breakfast service just PM me and I will do! For shower there is the river in the backyard.. ;)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Inger's healing journey and eating lambsbrain video
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2012, 12:20:19 am »
So.. I did some videos from me eating the lambs brain. I can tell you it tasted good...!!!
I did a second one because my cat so wanted to be in the movie too...lol

Eating raw lambs brain

Eating raw lambs brain with my cat... ;)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2012, 01:14:48 am »
I love your videos.
So feminine and so personal.
It's like you are seated in the same table as me.

I haven't had lambs' brains, tasted like porridge... I don't know what porridge tastes like either! :)

I remember cold goat's brains tasted like ice cream... double dutch flavour.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2012, 12:13:14 pm »
lol inger i would love to stay with you, it seems you have such a wealth of good ingredients
your dishes always look so delicious!
i am surprised at how small the lamb brain is!lol, it looks amazing though
i, too, play surgeon when cleaning animals, i have to get very scientific and think of only anatomy.  just tonight one of the farm workers shot a deer and enlisted me to help drag it in, clean and hang it.  i was really caught off guard and i actually felt really emotional about it at first, but i just focused on being really thankful and getting the work done and it soon passed.  unfortunately the head is somewhere off in the woods.  the guy who shot it does not have the best command of english, so while i salvaged the heart and liver, the head ended up in the scrap pile.  the next time ill have a chance to look for it is 2 days from now, hhhmm..

i am glad for your research and photos tho inger, now i will know for next time!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:18:49 pm by jessica »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2012, 03:00:29 pm »
@ GS,
porridge is just like this baby porridge that is made from some oat flour and salt and milk and taste very mild. I loved it.
I am sorry I am "smacking" with my mouth.. that is no good table manners.. -[ I usually do not do that when eating but I just wanted to taste the brain well..

@ Jessica,
 wow you have one intresting life.. getting fresh meat too! Do you get the organs? I wonder what the organ is that looks like a liver but is much flatter and a bit smaller too but almost same color? I saved it but have no idea what it is..?
I need to take a picture from it. I saved the testicles too but I have a hard time trying them... l) Brain is not a bit yucky to me but the testicles.. help! It feels like eating a man's beautiful balls.. poor man! (I am thinking it might feel a bit the same for a man to eat breasts.. -X..) Have you tried those? What health benefits do they have if ingested?
I am curious how you will do when getting the deer heads.. please share, ok!
I can tell it helps huge to play surgeon. ;)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2012, 08:36:56 pm »
Okay I tried the testicles. Sorry about the bad quality..

Eating raw lambs testicles
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:50:31 am by Inger »

Offline Isthmus

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2012, 01:02:42 am »
Okay I tried the testicles. Sorry about the bad quality..

Haha, this is so cool. You need a nice shiny new camera so we can have "Inger eating testicles in full glorious HD" (:

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2012, 02:13:19 am »
lol! when you said it tastes a little salty i knew what your conclusion about what else it tastes like would be ;)

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2012, 02:33:49 am »
so cute  :D

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2012, 04:00:04 am »
Nice, I could watch you eat testicles all day.  Just don't bite me.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2012, 06:16:29 am »
inger, thanks you so much for posting these little videos. i was really inspired by you and ate raw deer brains today!  in a weird stroke of luck the dogs ended up dragging the hide with the skull attached the deer we shot a few days ago down near one of the farm buildings i was working in earlier. they ate almost everything off of the skull(eyes, tounge..etc.) but couldnt get to the brain.  i was caught off guard and too busy to figure anything else out so i used an axe to crack the skull in different places, it came out mostly intact.   wow, really tasty, i feel very fortunate!  i ate about a 4th of the little thing and am saving the rest for my thanks giving feast :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:28:50 am by jessica »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk