Author Topic: Inger's healing journey  (Read 147093 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Re: Inger's healing journey
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2013, 01:53:58 am »
Roughly estimated, the above listed foods supply 4.000 to 5.000 calories!!

That's huge. Is this really a typical daily food intake in your diet?

I wonder why you are still so thin with such excessive amounts of calories. For comparison: Angelika Fischer claims that she eats round about 1.500 calories per day on her mixed diet and she has relatively high body fat levels.

I noticed that I need more food/calories on a ZC diet but I think I never exceeded 3.000 calories per day.

Löwenherz

It is a day where I ate quite much but I have those quite often..lol I do have days when I might eat only 2000 calories too or maybe less. But I always eat 3 meals / day and good meals. I have a healthy appetite. I never eat late though, usually last meal at 5 PM. And breakfast around 6-7 AM. I always eat a huge breakfast.

I do no sports at all, zero,  but I do CT, maybe it burns the calories? I do only a few minutes in my icehole it is not much. And I use little clothing outside and have it around 15 degree C in my apartment. I sleep with window opened wide and it is ice cold in my bedroom, I have no heating there, no electricity whatsoever.

Maybe all these things makes me a energy burner.. I am warm too. I am not freezing. My body temp (rectally measured as this is the only correct way) it is 37,0-37,6 degree C.

Angelika wrote somewhere she is easily cold when temps are lower... a very common thing around rawfooders that eat fruit/carbs year round..

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2013, 10:04:47 am »
I'm glad you posted your approximate intake with portions for the day. I was content eating fat, maybe even less than you, but I tried to cut back because I stopped loosing weight. I think its chronic lack of sleep and low mitrochondrial function that is keeping me fat. I started eating more vegetables to combat the hunger after decreasing my fat, but that has actually made me fatter still.
I'm getting to bed now and eating more fat tomorrow.
Did you get info on Jack's mithochondrial webnair? Would you share some if you did? Also have a bad problem cheating with large nut/nut butter intake. If I have one nut I keep at the bag until my stomach is sick and my thighs are fat  :'(.
I suspect that your breath is much milder than mine after onions. It passes quickly when I mix with oil/ACV, but I prefer them alone.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2013, 10:42:39 am »
>>> I sleep with window opened wide and it is ice cold in my bedroom, I have no heating there, no electricity whatsoever.

Do you sleep beside someone for warmth?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2013, 06:57:56 pm »
@ Adora,
I listened to the webinar and I can share some info as soon as I have time, ok!
I would really ditch the nut butters... Nuts are a thing I limit too. Really.. I cannot stop too well eating them either! They are often rancid and who knows what..lol I love to eat some Siberian ceder kernels once in a while.. they are raw and wild and so delish..

You must sleep Adora. Without that you can forget about healing. Sleep is Nr.1, and to respect the circadian clock. You can go on and work late, have stress and all this but you must know then, why you are not feeling well, and not complain. Because otherwise it gets all confusing. You cannot go against natures law Nr1 (day and night) and expect to heal naturally.
I see many that complain all the time but they go on doing the wrong things, eating the wrong things (like carbs in winter..).. sitting long late hours on their computer.. and it feels just so time wasting to read all those complaints all the time so I do not. -[
Adora.. it might be you need to think all new to really heal. I do all the time. Maybe it is not a good thing for you to be a nurse.. pretty unhealthy work conditions IMHO. -[

@ GS,
no I do not have someone to warm me on...lol except of the occasional visit from hubs. But he is always cooler than me so I cool me off on him as I get so hot! Or he warms himself on me. ;) I can be a bit cold in the beginning when I jump under my cover but I warm up very fast and in the morning I always feel so hot!

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2013, 07:43:29 am »
Inger,
   What do you mean think all new. I assume you mean find a creative way to live healthy, but how do you do it exactly? Would you give an example of a time you, "thought all new" about something that allowed you to life the dream, that brings health and happiness?
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2013, 07:44:42 am »
BTW, I agree with everything you said in theory, I just haven't pulled it together in reality yet.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2013, 11:17:21 am »
I'm glad you posted your approximate intake with portions for the day. I was content eating fat, maybe even less than you, but I tried to cut back because I stopped loosing weight. I think its chronic lack of sleep and low mitrochondrial function that is keeping me fat. I started eating more vegetables to combat the hunger after decreasing my fat, but that has actually made me fatter still.
I'm getting to bed now and eating more fat tomorrow.
Did you get info on Jack's mithochondrial webnair? Would you share some if you did? Also have a bad problem cheating with large nut/nut butter intake. If I have one nut I keep at the bag until my stomach is sick and my thighs are fat  :'(.
I suspect that your breath is much milder than mine after onions. It passes quickly when I mix with oil/ACV, but I prefer them alone.

I suffer from the same nut problem. Pretty much every single day I have 100 grams, sometimes 200 and other times 300. I try my best to keep it around 100 though or less, and often times succeed. Maybe try mixing them with coconut and low sugar (90%) dark chocolate? Cuts down on the nuts, and is mighty tasty.

I think what you need is an extreme stimulus to break through this plateau you're stuck in. The body is always striving for stability. It feels fine where its at and just wants to stay there, and will TRY to stay there. But you don't want it there, and it doesn't need to be there.

Once or twice every 7-10 days you should do uphill sprints. Do just a few at first (at the moment I can manage a good 4 without over-exerting myself). At the beginning, go longer, for 20-30 seconds at a time. Make sure to rest for many minutes in between, or as long as you need. Then, near the end of your last few, go BALLS OUT and give it your absolute all. Put everything into it, and hammer those hills out with the most intensity you can muster! You'll love the amazing feeling you get afterwards.

If you show your body you want change, then it'll up-regulate the very genes that'll give you the body composition you most desire. If you really want to accelerate your gains, add in a 20-30 minute strength workout once every 7-10 days. Go for as much intensity as you can! Lift heavy, heavy weights between 4-8 reps. Do 3 to 4 exercises each time, and make them multi-joint, full bodied type ones like the medicine ball pushup, or the military overhead press. Rest several minutes between each set, and above all listen to your body. Don't push yourself if it doesn't feel like getting pushed.

These types of things are the only way to truly get anywhere. But its truly comforting to realize it only takes 1-2 days a week, of 30 minute workouts, as long as you ramp up your intensity to max! Its also comforting to realize that this is actually the best way to get maximum gains, and to keep making them. Go BALLLLLS out for a short, intense amount of time and then lounge around, doing low activity, while eating proper, nutritious food, and you'll get where you want to be, I promise.

Do these things and you'll always be moving towards your ideal composition (as long as carbs are kept low, of course). I'm currently following this type of plan and I'm seeing incredible results and I've just started.

I'm on track to look like a bodybuilder by Summer, finally. I've said this a few times for a few years, and nothing really ever happened. I stayed looking crappy and plain. Now, my dreams are coming true. :) It's going to feel like nothing I've ever experienced when I have that kind of power inside of me.

For the people with an apparent "limit" on their fat metabolism, this should help you break that plateau as well. Show your body you wanna burn those fats to get and stay super fit, and everything will fall into place.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2013, 08:40:37 am »
Barefoot -thanks but I've had a chocolate problem too, and I haven't had a bite of chocolate since mid Nov. I'm hoping to pull myself out of the nut binging, but I let myself have them for now, since I haven't been able to pull together the other important elements of rest and exercise.
    I do sprint up a steep hill every day because I barely make the time clock. I really enjoy it. Hills and climbing of all sorts make my heart pound, love it.

Inger - I reread what you wrote and I'm concerned that you are letting people drain you. I NEVER WANT YOU TO FEEL DRAINED BY ME. If you do, just don't read my stuff, or tell me, maybe that's what your trying to do. I'll back off, because I want you to have whatever space you need to feel good inspite of my sitch.
We having a loving, healing friendship, and I always want my presence to feel good to you, ie. no draining.
    I believe the constraint I've been experiencing is a great teacher, sadly elusive so far, but that doesn't mean I won't have my inspiration to change tomorrow. Until then, I do my best. There are lots of people that like to suck energy. I learned early in nursing how to really separate  myself.
I want to try to tell you how, maybe I'm way off here, ignore it, if I am. You can still love and care for others, but when you feel suckled, just pull your focus into yourself for a moment and feel your body, your physical borders, your skin and hair, then your cloths then all of the space that is between you and the other, even if you are holding hands, feel the border of your hand and become aware of the atomic space between your skin and you. Then, tell yourself, "this is me, my first priority. I don't choose to give my energy in anyway that doesn't FEEL honestly good in this moment." This is particularly powerful in partnership and especially sex. It's  easy to pick up too as a habitual response too. There's more if it is applicable let me know.
   I had a little raw onion alone and it's not as bad on my breath as it used to be. Maybe it won't smell tomorrow.

Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2013, 09:59:31 am »
Barefoot -thanks but I've had a chocolate problem too, and I haven't had a bite of chocolate since mid Nov. I'm hoping to pull myself out of the nut binging, but I let myself have them for now, since I haven't been able to pull together the other important elements of rest and exercise.
    I do sprint up a steep hill every day because I barely make the time clock. I really enjoy it. Hills and climbing of all sorts make my heart pound, love it.

You and me both with the nuts. As I get healthier and fitter I believe I'll be able to ween myself down to a smallish amount as a snack every other day type of thing. Right now I just need this to look forward to. There are definitely worse snacks that people shovel down their faces daily. :P

That's great with the sprints, but it doesn't seem like nearly enough of a stimulus. For that to really make you get where you want to be, you'd have to do that several times at MAXIMAL intensity. The problem with this: You can't, its terrible for you. Doing it as you're doing it should be fine no matter what, but to trigger that gene up-regulation, you'll need to give it your all, several times over a period of time with huge muster. To do that properly you should take a good 5-7 days off at least before doing it again in this way. This is whats really going to make the difference. Your body needs to stop adapting to not changing and start adapting to change. Your body will always try and get you in a slump, no matter your composition. You just need to counter that.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2013, 03:23:24 am »
Inger,

how much water do you drink?

Have you tried snow as a source of water?

I find most mineral waters unpalatable..

Löwenherz

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2013, 04:10:13 pm »
Inger,
   What do you mean think all new. I assume you mean find a creative way to live healthy, but how do you do it exactly? Would you give an example of a time you, "thought all new" about something that allowed you to life the dream, that brings health and happiness?

Adora, I'll soon explain, ok! We have guests in the house and my dad has birthday tomorrow.. I am so busy.. :)
I have time only for short answer. But I wanted to say, I never felt drained by you. :-* You need to know this, ok! I have gained from you! :)

@ Löwenherz,
I do not count how much I drink, but we have our own well water coming from deep in the ground. It tastes great. Maybe I drink 1-2 liters of water / day? I use to make me dried seaweed in a glass jug and drink the water throughout the day. I love this water more than anything! I often put some snow in my water too.. I love the taste of snow. I often munch on clean fresh snow when walking outside too!

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2013, 06:32:39 pm »

@ Löwenherz,
... I use to make me dried seaweed in a glass jug and drink the water throughout the day. I love this water more than anything!

Good idea! I wil try this too..   :)

Löwenherz

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2013, 11:05:17 pm »
Adora, nut butters are one of the things I've seen raw foodists get the sickest from. Maybe you should try reducing the amount you eat of them very slowly over several months. Maybe try eating nuts instead, also. It's too easy to overeat nut butters.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2013, 06:35:51 am »
i like european sproutable  pumpkin seeds  (soak for eighteen hours, changing water three times) let sit in a collander for another 18 hours, lightly salt with celtic sea salt, and place collander in fridge.   You can taste the whole seed change into something that suggests healthy,, as opposed to simply raw without soaking.   Nice to munch on.   Same with in the shell Brazil nuts.  They change also to tasting alive, fresh, and instinctively instructive as to how much to eat.  Walnuts and almonds in the shell are also good that way.  Comparing soaked vs. non soaked side by side tells you a lot.  you might want to try it. 

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2013, 02:59:06 pm »
CRON (Calorie Restriction with Optimal Nutrition) does not work anymore.  -X The earth is losing its magnetic field...

No primates or humans can effectively use CRON any longer on this planet to their benefit any longer because if you calorie restrict, while your magnetic field is sucking electrons out of you,  your constantly  losing superconduction of water due to pulsed EMF in your environment. Moreover, this causes you dehydrate proteins constantly, they show altered molecular folding, water loses its binding sites and you lose energy,  and as a result you die quicker!  So far that is what the data says too.  Ron just did not understand this foundational field issue, and I did.  Ron is a very smart man.   Ron read the Cornell reports on CRON done in 1930.  What they found then can not be reproduced today.  The Earth today is not the Earth of 1930.  We no longer have the same electromagnetic field.  If we had a normal magnetic field Ron would be correct and I’d be on his side of things.  He is wrong because of Einstein’s math.  CRON is something mammals have already lost as an asset for survival, in this ongoing extinction event.  This insight should tell you just how fast things change in life when the field is altered.  That was just 83 years ago.  We need to gain time back now,  to really understand how to fix this mess we are in.  We need to stop the arguing about dogma, because we have a lot at stake.  We are all collectively entangled in it whether we like it or not.  It is time we think differently about everything.

Source;

http://www.jackkruse.com/emf-7-quantum-prometheus/#idc-cover

Read the blog. It is absolutely eye opening, and explains why fueling on fat instead of CH is life saving in todays world....
Because todays world is bombarded with EMFs and at the same time the earths magnetic field is getting weaker...
Maybe rawfooders and instinctos that feel not good eating all this fruít wake up now...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:43:47 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2013, 04:22:32 am »
Hi Inger,

When I read something odd like this, warning lights for pseudoscience start flashing in my mind:
CRON (Calorie Restriction with Optimal Nutrition) does not work anymore.  -X The earth is losing its magnetic field...
A look at the very long winded page you linked in reference reinforced my feeling, but as I’m not competent to really be sure of the scam, I asked a physicist friend of mine to have a look at it. He started by noticing this weird paragraph from Dr. Jack Kruse:
The Russian’s realized that Einstein’s science shows what we do from here on out, affects every life form on this planet because EMF is a source of energy that once created can never be destroyed, just transformed.  It will last to infinity from their creation and they can not escape our ionosphere.  This is why a RCT is a waste of resources.
and my friend commented:
Delirious : electromagnetic waves created are fast disappearing in heat. EMF are transformed, as Kruse says, but into heat, so they quickly loose any influence. He states that the regulation of bones’ growth depend on their semiconductor properties, and could be related to these heaps of EMF emitted ever since Marconi !!

It is disturbing to see people who seem to have some scientific competence, in any case who are able to transcribe consistent concepts, suddenly put them at the help of an aberrant anxiety about electromagnetic waves. If this were the case, people who work in places where these waves are powerful, such as close to transmitting antennas, would have readily ascertainable health consequences, knowing that the intensity of a transmitted wave decreases with the square of the distance. Very near, for example at 1 meter, they are one million times stronger than 1 km away.

In any case, the sentence "It will last to infinity from their creation and they can not escape our ionosphere" is typically nonsensical because the ionosphere does not reflect the totality of the waves, so that after a few reflections Earth – ionosphere, nothing remains on Earth. Moreover, these EMF create eddy currents which reduce reflection and convert into induced currents, thus in heat

Looking for Jack Kruse on Google, I stumbled upon this
Dr. Jack Kruse, Neurosurgeon, is a Big Effing Liar
http://freetheanimal.com/2012/05/dr-jack-kruse-neurosurgeon-is-a-big-fucking-liar.html
I wonder if his “Doctor” title came out of the same diploma mill as the one of AV.

Cheers
François
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:28:03 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2013, 07:29:24 am »
Thanks for that iguana. I thought it sounded fishy.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2013, 01:31:14 pm »
I should not have posted it for sure. You need to understand quantum mechanics. Is your friend familiar with that? It is not really what common wisdom is talking about, and what researchers take into account.

I immidiately knew Jack was right as I have experienced myself how EMFs change me and my physiology. If you choose to be aware you will see and feel it too.

Francois.. you are very strict about food and that they must be 100% raw and natural state. How comes you protect the use of EMFs and thinks they do not do any harm, and they are massively unnatural?
Do you see any mismatch?

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2013, 01:34:58 pm »
Francois, I did not thought you will go that low.. about the big effing liar article. Tells me something about you. Makes me sad. Have you checked what guy this "free the animal" guy is at all? If not, better do before you judge.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2013, 09:14:29 pm »
I should not have posted it for sure.
But you did and now here we are!
You need to understand quantum mechanics. Is your friend familiar with that?
I don’t pretend to understand it. I said this friend is a physicist, so of course he’s familiar with it. AFAIK, quantum physics essentially apply at the subatomic level and are mostly irrelevant at macro levels.   
It is not really what common wisdom is talking about, and what researchers take into account.
Yeah, but it should fit with what we know and in this case it is not so at all. 
I immidiately knew Jack was right as I have experienced myself how EMFs change me and my physiology. If you choose to be aware you will see and feel it too.

Francois.. you are very strict about food and that they must be 100% raw and natural state. How comes you protect the use of EMFs and thinks they do not do any harm, and they are massively unnatural? Do you see any mismatch?
I do not protect the use of EMF, I would not live just under a transmitter pillar and I would not like to spend hours talking with a mobile phone glued to my ear. We explained you that EMFs' intensity decreases with the square of the distance and that they quickly transform into heat. These are well known facts but Kruse is telling the contrary, so there’s a problem.

My post was not directed against you personally, but against the absurd theories of Jack Kruse that you promote. His ideas are not yours, you don’t have to identify yourself with it or with him. Please check what we say, do not believe us, but do not believe him neither.

But anyway, I don’t have much hope you will because when people get involved with such pseudoscientific ideas (that something fairly harmless can seriously damage their health, for example) there’s no way to get them ever reconsider their beliefs.  :(
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:50:55 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2013, 09:18:51 pm »
Inger, don't get caught up into everything that's written on the web. Jack Kruse, a neurosurgeon, is talking about EMF? I think it's very obvious that he does not have the expertise for such a topic. If he was a physicist, then that might be a bit more credible. E.g. "the Earth EMF today is not same as in 1930" sounds like some really unsupported by evidence claim, simply because of the fact that the Earth is 4+ billion years old, and that the EMF would change significantly in the span of just 100 years is extremely unlikely.

Also it's obvious that he's not a really good scientist; he has millions of articles on his web site, yet zero scientific publications. This guy, like many others, is a sensationalist, it's just that he's not a professional journalist. He takes a topic (e.g. EMF) and turns it into an interesting story (in whatever way). This attracts readers eager for such sensationalist stories who are also not familiar with the topic and hence believe whatever is written. More readers -> more money, that's the goal here.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:29:38 pm by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2013, 02:40:42 am »

The minds a powerful thing. Some times just believing that there's something there harming you is enough to make you actually feel negative effects.

Ie. I cooked eggs once, added garlic and onion powder. My brother said, you shouldn't put garlic and onion on eggs. It can give you upset stomach. I said whatever and ate it any way. Of course, his claim was completely made up. But 5-10 minutes after eating the eggs, my stomach started to hurt.

He confessed he made it up. And my stomach stopped hurting.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2013, 04:32:26 am »
Anything that isn't mainstream is pseudoscience. Don't follow what doesn't make sense to you Francois and DaBoss, but I like what Jack has to say and there is no reason why Inger shouldn't have posted it. All you have is opinion, Inger's, Jacks, Francois, a random physicist, DaBoss, mine. NOBODY KNOWS!!! All we have is our own experience. Thank you all for sharing, but it is ignorant to claim fact.  Why are you so attached to being right. Is Inger in some danger??? She is healthier than ever by her own account.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2013, 05:00:31 am »
I used to laugh at the notion of people being affected by electricity, years ago, thinking that they must be hypochondriacs until I came across a few  solid, sensible rawists who  stated that they got nasty reactions to  various nearby   electrical sources.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2013, 06:04:28 am »
The minds a powerful thing. Some times just believing that there's something there harming you is enough to make you actually feel negative effects.

Ie. I cooked eggs once, added garlic and onion powder. My brother said, you shouldn't put garlic and onion on eggs. It can give you upset stomach. I said whatever and ate it any way. Of course, his claim was completely made up. But 5-10 minutes after eating the eggs, my stomach started to hurt.

He confessed he made it up. And my stomach stopped hurting.
Absolutely. Enlightening experience!

Anything that isn't mainstream is pseudoscience.
No, absolutely not, not necessarily. The progress in science, knowledge and technology has always come from scientists, inventors and engineers thinking outside of the mainstream. Most have been  misunderstood, mistreated and their work was recognized true only after their death – and the death of their opponents, as Max Plank once put it. But those genius had done a real scientific work.

Don't follow what doesn't make sense to you Francois and DaBoss, but I like what Jack has to say and there is no reason why Inger shouldn't have posted it.
Of course, she has the right to post whatever she wants, moreover in her own journal. I have no problem with that, but wild claims such as “The earth is losing its magnetic field...” are so flabbergasting that they should be open to questioning, to say the least.

All you have is opinion, Inger's, Jacks, Francois, a random physicist, DaBoss, mine. NOBODY KNOWS!!!
If our planet would be loosing its magnetic field, everyone should know it! It’s not a matter of opinion, it’s a matter of facts. If we can’t agree on facts, there’s no hope of understanding each other. It’s winter now in the Northern hemisphere, water is a liquid, air is a gas, a stone is a solid, a submarine is not a  mango tree and I hope we can agree on these.

All we have is our own experience. Thank you all for sharing, but it is ignorant to claim fact.  Why are you so attached to being right. Is Inger in some danger??? She is healthier than ever by her own account.
Of course she’s not in danger because of such beliefs. It is ignorant to claim fact? It’s rather the contrary in this case. Shouldn’t anybody react if someone suddenly pretend that a submarine is actually the same thing as an oak tree or that it’s now summer in the Northern hemisphere? 

All right, we all don’t know what matter exactly is, we can break it into more and more small parts, molecules, atoms, protons, neutrons, electrons, and then quarks and then we can't figure out what we are talking about. By then we are into quantum physics and its utterly strange world.

But, but… we all have the same kind of physical and psychical structures, so that we can all agree that we can’t walk trough a wall or a solid locked door, even if subatomic particles such as neutrinos can go all through our planet as it were empty space, with extremely few chances to interfere with something. We can also agree that a submarine is not a tree and a whale is not bird, that most cars have 4 wheels plus a spare wheel. This is because all sane humans have a common denominator, called the reason… ;)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:35:29 pm by Iguana »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk