Author Topic: Inger's healing journey  (Read 147072 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Inger's healing journey
« on: August 11, 2012, 09:39:34 pm »
So I did not really knew where to post this but thought I could do a journal for updates.
I follow the Kruse protocol now, that includes limit artificial lights after dark, cold thermogenesis (CT), and seasonal, local diet - in winter keto and in summer in addition for CH fruit / berries in season where you live.
I try to eat wild foods as much as I can, it means for carbohydrates I have only wild berries (I live in Finland) and wild honey (small amounts). I feel great with that. There is so plenty of wild raspberries these days that I literally stuff myself once or more / day...
I also do a brain-optimizing diet. That means lots of seafoods, especially whole animal, the heads and all included. Algae are a important part too, very nutritious. I do eat coconut oil, raw and organic. I buy the most expensive brand mostly, that is also very good quality. I tolerate it so good, I can eat a jar in a day I think without issues.. I do eat coconut too at times.
For meat almost only elkmeat or other wild meat, sometimes grassfed lamb too or greassfed beef.

I do eat cooked now and then, fish actually. Very lightly cooked, just for a minute or two. But mostly I eat the fish raw though. Meat I have always raw, and organs too.
I never eat bread or rice or anything junk. I try to avoid dairy, it does me no good.

I already feel the protocol does me good, I never was so happy with my bodycomp! I eat a lot, a huge breakfast, and 3 times / day. Never starve myself or never go hungry. All without practically no exercise!

(these pics are from a morning after terribly sleep because of stress.. and I did cheated with HWC last weeks because I was traveling.. so I am far from optimal though.I will do better pictures later)

I guess the cold and the sun does it (and the early go to bed, too). I do only minor CT, I do 3 minutes facedunks in the morning and icepack under my head before sleeping and 5 minutes in the river instead of showering every morning. Sleeping with windows wide open of course.

Yeah.. I have little time for internet now in summer but I will add here about my progress, I know I have messed up my hormones through all the stress last 13 years and late work. I will do some hormone-test soon too, and then I will post the results here. Then I will retest in spring, after a cold dark winter. I am so exited what it will do to my hormone panel. I know it will be good! Now, if everyone would only know, how terribly important our hormones are for our health, and how easy they get into unbalance through modern life!
This feels just so very right! Natural healing. No supplements, no expensive, exotic fruits.. almost all lokal food. I love this!

Here a picture of the lake by my brother in Stockholm (Sweden). I was there for a week and went for a bath every morning, early. Everyone was still sleeping. I always wake up 5-6 AM these days. It was so beautiful.. cannot tell how much I enjoyed this magic time alone at the lake..

Oh.. I ate some mackerel with worms too. I have to test what happens. Nothing so far. They have worms quite often and I need to know if it is safe for me to eat. I guess I need to "rethink" my minor fear for parasites...
I would be happy to hear if anyone else did the same, and what the results was?

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:42:47 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Inger's healing journey
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 10:43:03 pm »
Are you a member of the  Swedish minority that lives in Finland? I'm just asking because I thought you were German, by origin.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 11:32:11 pm »
Nice, nice, so which hormones did you optimize? :)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 11:59:16 pm »
Are you a member of the  Swedish minority that lives in Finland? I'm just asking because I thought you were German, by origin.

Actually in practice yes, I went to Swedish school as a kid for 9 years. I did my high school in Finnish, and nurse school too..
I am Norwegian though, have Norwegian passport and that is my mother language. My both parents are Norwegian, moved to Finland before I got born.
No I have no German blood at all. Just lived in Hamburg for 10 years.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:06:32 am by Inger »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 12:04:57 am »
Nice, nice, so which hormones did you optimize? :)

All.  :)
I need to make the test before I know how it is with my hormones really, but what I do will make all better, balance them out and optimize.
It is quite expensive though as I need to pay all myself - I will test DHEA, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone I guess.
That will cost me about 200-300 € and that is much for me as I work just 2-3 times / week (on purpose).
I would like to test something else too as I am on it, like vitD, B12, cholesterol and cortisol. I know some parasites can make your B12 go down, that is why. I do eat lots of fish that could have parasites, raw. So I like to check if all is OK. Last I checked a year ago it was very good.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 01:27:38 am »
Sounds good, I also plan to test those hormones, maybe also cortisol and melatonin. Doesn't hurt to be sure, but I agree, it's pretty expensive.
I wouldn't bother with B12 and vit. D, since we're eating so much meat, organs, fish, eggs, it would be very impossible to be deficient.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 04:16:51 am »
     Hi Inger, I'm doing similar but I'm not fat adapted  :(. That didn't work for me. Not yet. I would like to do more like what you do but with some greens, onions and carrots (winter vegetables and apples) in the winter. Those keep in cold storage until spring here. How do you eat the fish heads. Jack makes bone broth right? Is that what you do or do you just slowly pick the meat off. Which heads are best. My fish monger freezes them for me. Also, what are the best types of fish. You mentioned mackerel, but other people have said that fish oils spoil and are bad for me quickly so I was getting low fat fish instead. I like all. What is your experience? Is it better to eat them frozen to preserve the oil. How fast does it go bad. I can also get whole mackerel which seems to keep better in its own flesh in the fridge? rather than filet? again your thoughts. It is yummy but expensive, so I want the most for my dollar.
    Did you say you eat a jar of coconut oil each day?
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 06:37:18 am »
WOW that's awesome!

What do you do during those long dark nights?
How many hours can you sleep for?
Imagine if we could sleep for 16 hours and wake up feeling like you never needed to sleep again :)

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 11:07:26 am »
I follow the Kruse protocol now

let us know how it goes, i'm really curious.   not sure what to make out of this Kruse guy.  i get a feeling he is into making money.  and paleohacks making fun of him a lot.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 02:05:38 pm »
let us know how it goes, i'm really curious.   not sure what to make out of this Kruse guy.  i get a feeling he is into making money.  and paleohacks making fun of him a lot.

YS, that Paleohack makes fun of him (and the way they do it) tells me more about the people on Paleohacks... I do not read there at all anymore. Clear case for me.
That Jack is after money.
I have not spent one cent on him so far. That is all I can say. And I have gained lots and lots of information, highly valuable information for my practical life, that I have set into action and that have made a huge difference to me. All for free. That he offers some consultations and webinars for money, is absolutely correct to me. He gives so much for free, that I have not ever seen anyone give on the internet. He answers every single question you have - for free. He has his surgeon-practice and family too. It is beyond my imagination how he manages to do all this.
Do not ever believe any bad talk about anyone, before you deeply research for your self. Pay attention how people write and what.. you will soon know their real face.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 02:49:12 pm »

What do you do during those long dark nights?
How many hours can you sleep for?

I am reading.. writing.. contemplating.. talking. In candle lights.  :)
Do not know how long I can sleep, that we will see soon, in a few months when winter sets in for real up here!

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 03:04:37 pm »
      How do you eat the fish heads. Jack makes bone broth right? Is that what you do or do you just slowly pick the meat off. Which heads are best. My fish monger freezes them for me. Also, what are the best types of fish. You mentioned mackerel, but other people have said that fish oils spoil and are bad for me quickly so I was getting low fat fish instead. I like all. What is your experience? Is it better to eat them frozen to preserve the oil. How fast does it go bad. I can also get whole mackerel which seems to keep better in its own flesh in the fridge? rather than fillet? again your thoughts. It is yummy but expensive, so I want the most for my dollar.
    Did you say you eat a jar of coconut oil each day?

Adora,
I make broth only from low fat fish head and skin and bones. Never from mackerel or salmon or sardines or herring or anything like that. Very bad idea as the fishfat get rancid fast!
Yes, Jack is a big fan of broth, fishbroth and bonebroth but never from chicken.
He says it heals the guts. I do very well with fishbroths I do myself. I do not do bonebroths.

I do fishhead-smoothie from fatty fishheads, raw. Just cut the head into pieces with a scissor and add water and blend until smooth in a mixer. Drink. Isn't too delicious but I hold my nose. You can add the guts too and liver and all. Very healthy.

I did a smoothie from prefrozen sardines yesterday but I think that was not good idea. I got the runs tonight/morning and cramping in my stomach. I guess the fatty fish might have gone a bit rancid? Cause they do - even if frozen. Tasted great to me but sardines do have strong and salty taste so it might have covered the rancidness? I ate the meat of the sardines pure and raw yesterday without anything and it tasted great to me? Strange. Or it was plain too much fat.. It is so long since I had such stomach distress, it almost never happends to me. Or it could have been the raw prefrozen scallops that I had too, yesterday? No idea. Anyways, I just ate a huge breakfast with elkmeat, sauerkraut and coconutoil and I am fine now.
I guess I will stay away from the sardines a while though.. It might be something added to prefrozen seafood, that I don't know of.. stay nothing on the package though. But who knows!

I would by whole mackerel always. Then you get the roe and fishmilk and liver and all! So good for you. I use to take the guts out the same day as I buy the fish and then they hold fine a few days in the fridge. I do smoothie from the heads and guts and from the file ts I do sashimi or tartar or anything delicious! I always eat them raw. Fatty fish I never cook, does not sit well in my stomach. But non fatty is fine gently cooked - for me at least.

No I do not eat a jar of coconutoil / day... ;) I just said, I probably could. I never get stomach distress from it. I usually eat a few tablespoons / day though. Some days only one, if I have no elk meat. Because that is what I use it on the most, my raw elkmeat burgers.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 04:11:12 pm »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 04:41:55 pm »
Funny : http://jackkruse.com/recommended-products/

;D

Why is this funny in your opinion Francois?

IMO it is very okay to earn money. We need money to live. It is only important the moral behind. That is what counts. We all earn money in some way.
And when the money starts to count so much that we do damage to others and the earth and ourselves. Jack earn money helping others. That is what doctors do. It is something wrong with that, I want to ask?
Jaundice is very common which is sad.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:50:14 pm by Inger »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 04:58:01 pm »
My point is not particularly to show that he makes some money, but the products he recommends have absolutely nothing to do with a raw paleolithic nutrition, even nothing to do with a traditional cooked neolithic diet : those are pure modern synthetic, highly processed junk. He even advertises a cooking book:  Jack’s Cookbook: Optimized Cooking  -d
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 05:21:23 pm »
Why are you ponting this out Francois? What value do it bring you...?!
We all know raw is better, that is why this is a raw paleo forum, period. It does not make the other excellent points Jack makes, without value. But these you do not see, do you?
Is it clear for all how a non-optimal brain functions? Just like that. It is sad. People need to see the things that brings them further!!! And there is no such person that have it ALL right. Not Jack Kruse, not Francois, not Inger.
We need to take that, what can we can learn from - but people tend to not even look.. the judge and see only the thing they think are wrong. And then they go on and do as they always did. How can there be any developement?

For me it is crystal clear that artificial ligts in the wrong time of the day are so not good for us. And keep it warm all time, when it is not really, like in winter. And to eat that what grows wild where we live, isn't that very logical and right? How many people (instinctos included) have not gotten problems from huge consumption of fruit year round? It is not only about raw! It is so much more!

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 05:27:25 pm »
Inger, reading/writing in candle light doesn't sound so good for the eyes.
Light is light in the end, whether it's candle or bulb. You could argue that throughout our evolution there weren't any candles either, so the most optimal would be to completely avoid any artificial light.
I agree there's no point in bringing up the cookbook, it's more important to understand the principles he's talking about.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:37:07 pm by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 05:40:58 pm »
Inger, reading/writing in candle light doesn't sound so good for the eyes.
Light is light in the end, whether it's candle or bulb.

I have got no problem from that whatsoever. Quite the opposite. I see better than my brother now and he used to see better than me.. we tested it a few weeks ago.
And yes, there is difference between a light bulb and candle lights. Especially the modern energy saving lamps are very bad for our health. Very unnatural light. You need to research this. I have a German book that is quite new that tells all about different lights. In the evening / night we should get no blue light, and artificial lights have much too much of these. That again disturbs our hormones. Candles or fireplaces are very different.
Just make a N1. experiment and you will feel the difference, how you feel with artificial lamps on in the evening, and how you feel with candles.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 06:03:18 pm »
You can certainly get warm lamps, that have the same temperature color as candles.
The normal bulbs are absolutely not good in the night, because the light is very close to daylight.
Great that your sight improves, because I've heard too many stories about messing up your eyes from candles and similar low lights.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 12:37:55 am »
Light is light in the end, whether it's candle or bulb.

Source and "color" of light is only one side of the reasoning. Overall, I don't think the rationale is so much that certain kinds of light are better than others (this is not the main point, although this has some truth to it); rather that the rhythmic cycle of light and dark are important in regulating the body. This applies to the daily solar cycle and the monthly lunar cycle.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 12:49:46 am »
Yes, which is why I'm saying it doesn't matter much in the end if it's a candle or bulb, either way it's "artificial" light. But if candles work better for her,  no problem.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 01:09:09 am »
Yes, which is why I'm saying it doesn't matter much in the end if it's a candle or bulb, either way it's "artificial" light.

Just as moonlight is much less intense than sunlight, candlelight is fractionally as intense as electric light. Each sends a completely different signal to the body.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2012, 02:46:04 am »
     It is a bit harder to function with a candle than an electric light, which trains you to do less stuff after dark. You learn to limit your activities and blow the candle out earlier.
     A big key to reading by candle light is to have the light about 45degrees behind you and eye level. Also, light walls will reflect more light. I lived without electric, by choice on two occasions for months at a time. I love it. Candles take the "hectic" out of life.
     Inger, are you spending the money for bees wax candles? Paraffin is yucky to breath, but that is what I've been using. I made olive oil lamps, I guess I need to dig them out of the garage. I wanted to make tallow lamps, but I never did. I could send you the info if you like. Thanks for explaining the fish for me.  I will try soon.
      Would you explain the ice packs too. Why at night? Did you say you put them behind your head? I thought the forehead was the best spot for training. You've done much more reading. I remember reading that face emersion is pretty effective for training, but I rarely do it. It caused a quick headache. Did that happen to you too?  Does it dry your skin or cause any problems?
     I do value Jack's work. I thought until you posted a link  again that he had gone to pay only and I didn't realize so much was still freely available. I'm so glad you've tried more things. I will do more too. I think my hormones may improve before fat adaption. I can only decrease my carbs a little at a time, but I can eat more fish, do ice packs and candles. I am very encouraged. Thank you, Inger

know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2012, 04:29:11 am »
Just as moonlight is much less intense than sunlight, candlelight is fractionally as intense as electric light. Each sends a completely different signal to the body.
But it's still artificial and less optimal from complete darkness in the same way as cooked is compared to raw food.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 10:18:24 am »
hhmm...i read by the dim dim light of the sun fading through the forest trees now, as well as have by fire and candle light, i dont think there is any extra strain, especially when the days are short.  sounds like an old wives tale for people who over extend them selves, i.e. burn the midnight oil...natural light tends to relax, i doubt inger is lighting up a blaze, one candle is sufficient, as is the glow of a fire place

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk