Author Topic: Inger's healing journey  (Read 147031 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Inger's healing journey
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2012, 07:05:02 pm »
I think your photos show that diet it 90% of the puzzle.

Theres plenty of manly men around and beautiful women but most are hidden because of crap food, medication, over work, not enough sun, lies and feminism, not lifting heavy weights, mortgages, shaving, Iphones, horrible chlorine water, TV.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2012, 04:12:57 am »
Yes...!!! Francois, that is a great idea...! Welcome to the club!   :-*
Would you do the labs too? That would be so exiting to compare our results in spring!!! Can you do cold thermogenesis where you live, like go swim in the ocean or stuff?  :)

I guess perhaps I shouldn’t have interfered in your journal, but if I did it’s because I was heckled by the title “Optimizing my hormones”. As a Paleolithic hominid I don’t know what hormones are and I guess even the most knowledgeable modern human doesn’t know everything about them and their complex interactions with the body metabolism. AFAIK, when diet and living conditions are correct, hormones (and everything else) are automatically and perfectly regulated by something called “homeostasis”, so that we don’t have to care about optimizing them.

We can’t optimize the nature: it’s a fundamental mistake of modern humans to believe they can improve the nature, and it’s precisely this way of thinking which is leading civilization to a disaster.

No, sorry, I’m not interested in doing the labs test because I got enough other things to do and I prefer spending my money for something else and my free time for cycling, resting or going to the ocean for a swim and perhaps windsurfing again if I find the time.

I don’t know neither what cold thermogenesis exactly is, but anyway the Atlantic near my place is now at 22 – 23° C and still at about 20° C till November, so not really cold.

I have a 4 x 2 m and 1 m deep basin fed from my spring, which barely reaches 18° C in summer and was fine for a rather cold bath, but the farmers have recently drained the plateau behind to divert the spring waters to their corn fields' irrigation pond the other side, so now my spring doesn’t flow much anymore. Thus, this year as well as last I left the basin the whole year for the ducks and geese as it would take too long to fill it again after cleaning.

Damned agriculture!   >D

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:27:42 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2012, 05:19:34 am »
AFAIK, when diet and living conditions are correct, hormones (and everything else) are automatically and perfectly regulated by something called “homeostasis”, so that we don’t have to care about optimizing them.

We can’t optimize the nature: it’s a fundamental mistake of modern humans to believe they can improve the nature, and it’s precisely this way of thinking which is leading civilization to a disaster.

Hi Inger,
I think many of us work so hard towards an 'optimal' or 'perfect' or 'super health' state. In the process, we do all we can to follow a particular protocol, or line of thought.
In itself, probably an inevitable result of trying to be healthy.
But on the other side of the scale, we do not balance out this worry or concern (that is, that we are 'not-optimal') that we have, by working towards letting go of the need to know, that which is not so easy to know in the first place. 
Its not such an easy thing to establish what actually is 'optimal' for a person in the first place, as the body takes care of processes in ways that we can mostly just theorise about.
Kind wishes, J  :)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 12:19:46 pm »
OMG.
I don't know anymore. I feel so confused and so very misunderstood. Makes me want to stay away from this forum too.
It is like, people do not read and see what I am saying..?! Am I so bad in explaining myself?

Francois, you write;
AFAIK, when diet and living conditions are correct, hormones (and everything else) are automatically and perfectly regulated by something called “homeostasis”, so that we don’t have to care about optimizing them.

And that is so right!!! That is exactly what I am doing!!! Modern human invented the electricity, the artificial light and heat year around.. that is exactly what are destroying our hormones! An agriculture, cultivated fruits, grains..!!! That is exactly why I do not eat NOTHING from agri anymore, seldom even vegetables and domesticated fruit. I believe in wild foods. What can be closer to nature than this...?
Did you read anything of what I was writing Francois?
That the early hominids did not know about hormones.. what do we know? And what role would it play after all? They had not messed up hormones like we modern humans have! Because they lived optimal already! Can you see me Francois?

Wattlebird, you too have not got it at all what this path is about! You write;
I think many of us work so hard towards an 'optimal' or 'perfect' or 'super health' state. In the process, we do all we can to follow a particular protocol, or line of thought.
In itself, probably an inevitable result of trying to be healthy.
But on the other side of the scale, we do not balance out this worry or concern (that is, that we are 'not-optimal') that we have, by working towards letting go of the need to know, that which is not so easy to know in the first place.
Its not such an easy thing to establish what actually is 'optimal' for a person in the first place, as the body takes care of processes in ways that we can mostly just theorise about.

But that is exactly what I am doing, letting go.. letting go off the unnatural way of living! Learning to follow the rhythms of nature, the seasons.. it is nothing about "trying to be healthy"!!!! It is letting the body heal itself, by letting go of modern mans "clever inventions" that are actually harming us big time when not used very carefully. I am not speaking of using nothing modern anymore, I still have a fridge, a house, clothes... I hope you see what i want to say.

And I am not going back to be an ape eather. That is why I do not believe in fruit eating all the time..
I believe we need seafood the most for optimal brainfunction as humans. If you eat ape-food.. where are the brain-nutrients? It might be fine if you want to be as clever as an ape..  -X

God, I got sad coming to read here this morning.
Like no one understands really. Makes me wonder why I spend my time in this forum at all... -[

Sorry for this rant. I just feel sad this morning, it is sad enough to look at my sister and her family that are for visit here these days. I am not going into detail.. but it makes me want to scream loud.. it makes me want to run.. far.
People suffer, and suffer. But, are they willing to give up any of their "comfort" to reach heaven? No. There are so very few who are willing to step outside of their comfort-zone.. to develop, to learn something new. No need to, as they already know everything for sure. -[

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:34:16 pm by Inger »

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 12:41:13 pm »
I understand what you are saying Inger - you are an inspiration for us all to have a more invigorating, natural lifestyle! Please keep visiting and writing on this forum as we really enjoy reading what you  have to say - U R COOL :)

When I was raw vegan I often went swimming in the cold ocean at night or early in the morning and it was a great feeling, but it was too easy to be cold afterwards. Hopefully now the RPD fat will mean I can do this and be warm afterwards.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:55:41 pm by alive »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2012, 12:45:21 pm »
Alive... thank you!  :-*
I love it about the ocean...  :)
And yes, with RAF you will certainly be warmer (I was cold all the time too when eating lots of fruit..)! And if a little cold, do not fear cold! Embrace it. It is natural, and does something really good to our bodies! You will get warm again soon enough. :)

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 01:44:41 pm »
Wattlebird, you too have not got it at all what this path is about! You write;
But that is exactly what I am doing, letting go.. letting go off the unnatural way of living! Learning to follow the rhythms of nature, the seasons.. it is nothing about "trying to be healthy"!!!! It is letting the body heal itself, by letting go of modern mans "clever inventions" that are actually harming us big time when not used very carefully. I am not speaking of using nothing modern anymore, I still have a fridge, a house, clothes... I hope you see what i want to say.

Hi Inger
sorry if I have caused distress, not my intention. My intention was contrary.
Rather, I was trying to point out that sometimes we can also let go of the idea that we can definitively know the answer to what optimal is.
I guess we follow the path that seems most appropriate, but whether that will lead to the 'optimal' that corresponds to what we think of the word, or even someone else may think it means, may not coincide at all with what the body wishes to do at a particular time (for its own not so easy to decode reasons of balance).
In other words what we often take to be balance (what we believe the word means), may be quite different from what the body does as part of its balancing processes.
If I have misunderstood your writing, my mistake,please ignore.  :)
Kind wishes, J
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:38:51 pm by Wattlebird »

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2012, 01:58:50 pm »
OK Inger you got it,
the sea is just 5 minutes walk from my house so I will go swimming at dawn tomorrow and feel hot afterwards!
...setting my smart phone alarm now to remind me >D

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2012, 03:14:31 pm »
Sorry too if my post made you sad, Inger. You shouldn’t be upset by other people’s words, they are only words and words often lead to misunderstandings. BTW, I don’t think apes - and especially bonobos - are less clever than humans : it’s just that they can’t speak and transmit complex knowledge from generation to generation as we do, particularly since we have invented writing.

I plan to drive to the Atlantic coast today, it’s 150 km away from here, so I don’t want to spend too much time writing.

Have a good day,
François 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:01:43 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2012, 09:44:15 pm »
OMG.
I don't know anymore. I feel so confused and so very misunderstood. Makes me want to stay away from this forum too.
It is like, people do not read and see what I am saying..?! Am I so bad in explaining myself?

I agree that you are misunderstood.

But I understand you and appreciate your posts.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2012, 04:18:36 am »
Inger You are helping me tons. I'm learning and inspired. I'm sending you cyber hugs and giving you wet kisses allover your face until you wipe your face and giggle. Let it go. Let it all go. There are infinite things to be upset about, they are distractions. The healing comes from finding our way back from there with grace. You do this for you. Your progress helps many, and nothing else matters. 
    Now I want to optimize my hormones.  If you still are and are willing to help, I have questions.
    I had big trouble with eating the whole mackerel. I enjoyed the eyes, but I couldn't find any brain, just bone. The flesh in the jaw was bitter. I could have eaten it, but is that good. Can I benefit from eating it? I cut open the belly and it got worse. I couldn't make out which were organs. They were all long healthy looking things, but the taste was pretty unpleasant. You warned, but I thought, "I'm a raw paleo girl and I like fish, I'll be fine". Then there was this dried blood or something dark along the back. What's that. Do I eat it? Is there anything I don't eat. I heard we aren't supposed to eat land animal gall bladder from AV's book. Do fish have a gall bladder. Could you walk through the steps to eating a whole mackerel, or maybe make one of your wonderful videos? I'm intimidated. I'm so mad about the whole thing I have to try again. ha! Please make all of the suggestions you can think of. I have a vita-mixer and a food processor. You put it in there and drink as fast as you can, right? Maybe throw a lemon wedge in my mouth after to prevent  -v
   I cold showered my head today. The shower isn't cold like in winter, but I held my head under a long time and it feels like it improved circulation. My eyes feel more open too, which is saying a lot because I have been up late multiple nights with artificial lighting - not optimal, but I can improve that starting tonight. I'm going to do it more and try the cold packs too. Thanks for the suggestion.
    You said your breasts were a little smaller. Brest tissue may be the most dynamic tissue in the body. They function by being responsive to hormones. They may change, wax and wane with the moon, and your hormone cycles they may get bigger and smaller again as you optimize
love, love, love
Adora

know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2012, 05:35:16 am »
What about an oil lamp with a wide wick. That would be fire and put out decient light. Spend a night with candles and see how different you feel. Do it again as the night grows long and you have more exposure to artificial. I notice it immediately. If you are task focused it is pure fusteration. I've been up packing and using artificial light. I have an irritation with it. I can smile and be happy but when the light goes off there is a relief. I also, have a harder time shutting artificial light off to go to bed like an over tired infant, I fight it. Candle light soothes me into sleep. This is all subtle. I'm just emphasizing to make the point.

So an oil candle would not have any negative effects? I was thinking that to be completely natural we would probably have to sit in the dark not to confuse our bodies?  ;D I hope not. But since it was pointed out that fire = natural light, the body may not care.

Suiren, what I read i the forums, you do have a lot of health-complications still?
Often we do not get immediate "pain" from things we do wrong. It goes very slowly in the wrong direction and destroys or hormone-panels and glands gradually. It is not only food that matters. Light cycles matters as much and also seasonal temperatures. Nature is as it is for a reason... Or why are we aiming to eat our food in as a natural state as possible after all?

Well, it depends what you consider "a lot"?  :D
1. My Hashimoto's Thyroiditis is gone,
2. my Prolactin levels are normal and my hair is not falling out so I assume my pituitary tumor is likely gone. Otherwise that would not be possible.
3. And I have no cancerous cells anymore, and not even HPV...recent tests showed it cleared.

What I do want to tackle now is my low weight. I would like to gain, I only weight 49kg at 165cm at the moment. I assume my former bad diet made it harder for my body to absorb calories. Aside from that I am pretty good (at least as far as I know, I don't like going to see doctors, so I have not been lately), all my other minor problems are gone too.

Oh and thanks for explaining! I will keep an eye on this thread to see what you are documenting! :)
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2012, 09:13:21 am »
Fascinating stuff, this makes a lot of sense - the candle and lamp put out a very yellow light, while our circadian rhythms are connected to special retina cells that respond to blue light only. Yellow light contains red and green spectrum, and no blue, so our rhythms are not effected.

So we could also use an incandescent light turned down on a dimmer or a yellow incandescent bulb to get the same effect - great stuff.

This is also why using incandescent lights at night is much better than compact florescent.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2012, 09:22:18 am »
Fascinating stuff, this makes a lot of sense - the candle and lamp put out a very yellow light, while our circadian rhythms are connected to special retina cells that respond to blue light only. Yellow light contains red and green spectrum, and no blue, so our rhythms are not effected.

So we could also use an incandescent light turned down on a dimmer or a yellow incandescent bulb to get the same effect - great stuff.

This is also why using incandescent lights at night is much better than compact florescent.

I only keep incandescent and incandescent like CFL in my home.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2012, 05:04:48 pm »

Well, I never have bright lights on after dark, unless I need to see something very clearly for a minute. All lights are dim and yellowish. But I thought electric light is not ideal even if yellowish?

Offline Qodesh

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2012, 04:47:05 am »
Inger,
You are a inspiration for me as well. I look for your posts everywhere. From these many forums to youtube videos.
Please keep on doing what you're doing, helping us. You're always so kind, authentic and never attack anyone. Sweet, simple and good.
I'm making high meat because of what you've shared, and eating other raw meat also. I have two sardines awaiting my first fish smoothie.

Thank you,

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2012, 02:12:34 pm »
Inger You are helping me tons. I'm learning and inspired. I'm sending you cyber hugs and giving you wet kisses allover your face until you wipe your face and giggle.

Adora.. you are too sweet... lol

Now I want to optimize my hormones.  If you still are and are willing to help, I have questions.

Oh yes, I always want to help! If I can. Look I am at the beginning of this journey myself so I know just so little! I do try to educate myself as much as I have time to! And test things out for sure.. I will report how things go.

I had big trouble with eating the whole mackerel. I enjoyed the eyes, but I couldn't find any brain, just bone. The flesh in the jaw was bitter. I could have eaten it, but is that good. Can I benefit from eating it? I cut open the belly and it got worse. I couldn't make out which were organs. They were all long healthy looking things, but the taste was pretty unpleasant. You warned, but I thought, "I'm a raw paleo girl and I like fish, I'll be fine". Then there was this dried blood or something dark along the back. What's that. Do I eat it? Is there anything I don't eat. I heard we aren't supposed to eat land animal gall bladder from AV's book. Do fish have a gall bladder. Could you walk through the steps to eating a whole mackerel, or maybe make one of your wonderful videos?

Yeah. It will taste not so good Adora, or at least not to me, yet. Maybe one day I will enjoy it, when my body get used to it and start to crave it because it realizes it is powerfood? LOL
That is why I do it in the blender. Easy and fast. I enjoy the good tasting parts separately. The eyes tastes good to me. The meat too.. the brain is too small I never bothered to try to look for it? I just put the whole head in the blender. Much less yucky. You can eat ALL on the fish. Nothing dangerous there.
But be aware, there is a risk for parasites for sure. Always with raw fish. Especially when eating the whole thing. But I am testing this out myself now. I have no kids, no man / boyfriend, nothing that holds me too close to this earth.. so it would not be a too big loss if I disappeared.. lol. I need to know, sure I am a little scared too at times but I do it still. I start to get used to do things I am scared of. I try to figure it out in my mind very well before, I calculate the risks and the usefulness very well before though. But everyone have to do this themselves. Weigh out the risks and benefits. I do have had some very minor abdominal discomfort last weeks on and off we will see where this goes.. ;) but no worms at sight yet (I always check) and feeling quite great though!

I'm intimidated. I'm so mad about the whole thing I have to try again. ha! Please make all of the suggestions you can think of. I have a vita-mixer and a food processor. You put it in there and drink as fast as you can, right? Maybe throw a lemon wedge in my mouth after to prevent  -v

Yes, just make the smoothie pure and drink it with your nose closed. That is how I do it. Sometimes I "chew" a little on it to get some saliva mixed in. Might be good for the digestion, IDK.
   I cold showered my head today. The shower isn't cold like in winter, but I held my head under a long time and it feels like it improved circulation. My eyes feel more open too, which is saying a lot because I have been up late multiple nights with artificial lighting - not optimal, but I can improve that starting tonight. I'm going to do it more and try the cold packs too.

Great Adora! Babysteps are good! That is what I do too! When I do too much I get too much reaction from detox I cannot bear that much right now.. still trying to overcome my divorce it hit me hard. I just need not too much stress these days as my heart is still bleeding. So I take it easy and babysteps too. If too much reaction I just step back a bit. With the algae too, I guess they are real good detoxers (lots of iodine..) and I can feel when I eat too much... then I cut back.

You said your breasts were a little smaller. Brest tissue may be the most dynamic tissue in the body. They function by being responsive to hormones. They may change, wax and wane with the moon, and your hormone cycles they may get bigger and smaller again as you optimize

OK, thank you for this enlightenment! :)
Guess what, talking about breasts.. Last times when I have tanned my breasts (I do it regularly, very good for hormones) I felt such a weird feeling in my nipples!!!! That was crazy! Minor but strong at the same time! Like they were getting stimulates somehow! And it was only the sun touching them. Amazing. :)

:-*

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2012, 02:27:32 pm »

Alive,
you got it, totally.  :)

@ Suiren,
at night we need to avoid blue lights at all costs, see above. That is how nature plays too.
At daytime we NEED blue light! That is why yellow lamps are not good at all daytime! You need to see it in concept, the whole picture. It should be different lights at different times, like in nature. At daytime it is very good to try to get so much sun or natural light as one can get! Do not stay inside in the dark if you can avoid it! Embrace the sun...! It does you so very good! :)

And Suiren, why do you worry about your weight, if you feel very healthy otherwise...?!
I weighed 46 kg at my lowest (which was a bit too low) and now I weigh maybe 55 kg (166 cm). I always wanted to be around 50 kg, but I do not weigh anymore. It is not important. Important is how you feel!
I am so not focused on my weight anymore, and you can let it go too. :)

@ Qodesh.. and GS too
you just made my day. Thank you.  :-*
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:41:02 pm by Inger »

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2012, 08:14:08 pm »
@ Suiren,
at night we need to avoid blue lights at all costs, see above. That is how nature plays too.
At daytime we NEED blue light! That is why yellow lamps are not good at all daytime! You need to see it in concept, the whole picture. It should be different lights at different times, like in nature. At daytime it is very good to try to get so much sun or natural light as one can get! Do not stay inside in the dark if you can avoid it! Embrace the sun...! It does you so very good! :)
Thank you for explaining, that is what I was guessing and makes sense! We have big open windows and a balcony, plus we are outside often, so getting enough day light is easy for us. I also don't like the blinds closed.
As far as the sun goes, I am always a bit unsure. I know it has benefits, but it can also cause problems according to many studies (breaking down of collagen, premature aging in general). I am not too worried about skin cancer since I think that is somewhat a myth, but the other things seem confirmed when I look at people. My mom does not tan often, but the skin on her body that has seen a lot of sun throughout life, looks 80% older than the rest! Fully covered parts almost look like she is in her 20s. My younger sister who spends a moderate amount of time in the sun, is starting to show the same blotchy, speckled skin tone, broken blood vessels, leathery etc. Or...my forearm skin is a lot different on top than compared to the bottom...hm.
So I am not sure whether it is something they are doing in combination with the sun that leads to this, or if sun caused it.  -\

And Suiren, why do you worry about your weight, if you feel very healthy otherwise...?!
I weighed 46 kg at my lowest (which was a bit too low) and now I weigh maybe 55 kg (166 cm). I always wanted to be around 50 kg, but I do not weigh anymore. It is not important. Important is how you feel!
I am so not focused on my weight anymore, and you can let it go too. :)
Since my teens I have gotten bad remarks about my weight/ looks. I have always had trouble gaining weight, so to me that seems odd. I should at least be able to with much effort...
Doctors say different things, one said I need to be 65kg, another said I am normal considering my tiny bones (ring size 3 1/2, 45 like a child), but the people still comment on it a lot, sometimes they are very harsh, sometimes mean remarks are hidden in jokes or anti compliments... :(
Kinda sucks and it can be stressul. I ignore it and deal with it okay, but it is still annoying.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2012, 09:08:12 pm »
We live in a society of mostly overweight and obese people, so if we are normal (even according to WHO's BMI standards ), they stupidly think we are too thin.

Your BMI is 18, so only very slightly underweight by BMI standards, but it may be your ideal weight depending on your bones' structure.

Exposing our skin for long periods in plain summer sun between about 11 am to 5 pm does no good, especially if we had no sun exposure during a whole winter. It's better to remain somewhat tanned the whole year round and stay in partly shaded places under some trees in the middle of the day, as our ancestors probably did when the planet was not deforested as it is nowadays.  That's instinctive anyway.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:28:22 pm by Iguana »

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2012, 09:42:23 pm »
We live in a society of mostly overweight and obese people, so if we are normal (even according to WHO's BMI standards ), they stupidly think we are too thin.

Your BMI is 18, so only very slightly underweight by BMI standards, but it may be your ideal weight depending on your bones' structure.

Ahh, yeah the BMI...I call it Bullshit Mass Index  ;D I think it is probably very inaccurate since it neither takes bone structure, nor muscle weight into account.
You are right about society, and it is hard looking different sometimes, because you will not be accepted easily.
I think my weight probably IS somewhat normal..lower average maybe, I don't have any bones showing and I have very chunky parts like hips etc., I just feel even a bit more would be my ideal.
If people would stop commenting after I gain weight I don't know though...maybe I would have to be heavy for that to happen...then everyone will say "more to love", or "real women have 'curves'"... -\

Exposing our skin for long periods in plain summer sun between about 11 am to 5 pm does no good, especially if we had no sun exposure during a whole winter. It's better to remain somewhat tanned the whole year round and stay in partly shaded places under some trees in the middle of the day, as our ancestors probably did when the planet was not deforested as it is nowadays.  That's instinctive anyway.
That's good, because that is how I keep it most of the time. I stay in the shade if it is too hot and try to avoid being in the mid day sun for too long.

I was thinking about the same thing, with the forests, and how our ancestors must have used them for protection of all sorts. What is nice about a forest - there is always enough light, but not much sun peeking through, and it is much cooler in summer. In winter more sun gets through due to the trees having no leafs...:)
We have forests by our apartment and go there for walks btw.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2012, 11:02:48 pm »
Yeah, but even according to that Bullshit-M-I, your weight is about all right... thus taking into account your bone structure, it is the absolute perfection  :D So if someone has a harsh comment, you can reply "sorry to tell you, but you seem to be jealous of my perfect proportions since you're obese and extremely ugly!"   :)

Inger, what about improving this title into "Let me hormones self-optimize";)  It's your choice anyway, just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 12:27:16 am by Iguana »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2012, 11:17:46 pm »
Inger, what about improving this title into "Let me hormones self-optimize";)  It's your choice anyway, just a suggestion.

Somehow that doesn't sound right in English from my point of view.  It may sound sexy from a French point of view.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2012, 11:41:04 pm »
Inger I will try whole mackerel again tonight. Thanks for talking me through it. I'll inspect the organ's diligently for signs of parasites/disease before I eat them. Did you ever find worms is an otherwise healthy ocean fish with nice eyes and scales? Some fish parasites can't live in us so, maybe their destruction mildly symptomatic.
     I've been eating lots of seaweed and it causes a little gas/bloating. Soaking it for days helps. I drink the water from the soaks. At first it was unpleasant, but now I love it. I hope my intestines will adapt soon, because I love the taste of them all.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2012, 11:51:39 pm »
Suiren I completely agree with Iguana. The're jealous and you should put them in their place. Some people worry about anybody whose not plump, so it could be that.
     I consider myself fat and I'm not even at the top of the BMI, but I was 25-30lbs lighter for most of my life. I feel fat b/c being thin felt better, limber, and light. When I go down people say I'm to thin too, frustrating because now it is an effort to loose and keep off. Do what feels right to you.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:58:50 pm by TylerDurden »
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk