Author Topic: Raw Beef Tendons  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
Raw Beef Tendons
« on: August 12, 2012, 12:26:56 am »
I just picked up some beef tendons recently for the first time. I noticed when I was cutting it up, that it was very greasy/oily. Is this normal? It definitely has a distinct odor to it, that's for sure. Anybody with any experience with these?

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Beef Tendons
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 03:28:33 am »
What are you going to do with them? I made twine awhile back. They are strong but slippery, and emit a fine oil when they are worked. Does that help? I never ate them, but I have chewed them and they swell and get a bit slimy.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 12:38:49 pm »
What are you going to do with them? I made twine awhile back. They are strong but slippery, and emit a fine oil when they are worked. Does that help? I never ate them, but I have chewed them and they swell and get a bit slimy.

Hi Adora.  I know they are used to make stocks. But, I was thinking on cutting them up into very small pieces and consuming them. At least that is the plan. They seemed rather greasy and had an unusual smell to them. Unlike other parts of the animal. I just wanted to make sure that was normal.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 02:52:23 am »
I don't remember anything off about them. I would label them and put them in the freezer, until you know more. If you think there not right, don't push it.Trust all of your signals. If/when you're going to eat them, I would soak them in water first, they swell, then you can chew them a little easier.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 05:23:24 am »
I don't remember anything off about them. I would label them and put them in the freezer, until you know more. If you think there not right, don't push it.Trust all of your signals. If/when you're going to eat them, I would soak them in water first, they swell, then you can chew them a little easier.
Thanks for your suggestions and recommendations. I did some research on the subject, and found out they do have a distinctive character to them.  -\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk