Author Topic: DaBoss88's healing schizophrenia journal  (Read 162600 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
DaBoss88's healing schizophrenia journal
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:22:08 pm »
Hi everyone. Hopefully I can inspire someone with a mental illness to treat themselves naturally with this journal.

When I turned 18 I had a pychiatric episode and I was baker acted. I was put on meds, but stopped them once I left the hospital.

I went a year and a half episode free. Then was baker acted again. This time I stayed on meds. I gained about 50 pounds in a short period of time. And the side effects (lethargic, incapable of doing much) were horrible.

Around age 20 I started taking supplements. Like a high potency multivitamin, vitamin c, other antioxidants. And I noticed I had more energy and some of the side effects of the meds were at least being combatted.

At age 21-22 I started taking high doses of niacin, with other supplements. Per the recomendation of an "orthomolecular" pychiatrist, Dr. Abram Hoffer.

It helped a lot, so much I started school. Finished the 3 month vocational program, and got a better job.

With the higher income from that job, I started the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. A fruit, vegetable, nut and meat diet that rebalances the gut flora.

When I turned 23, I learned about the raw paleo diet. I started eating raw meats, fruits and veggies. Unfortunately I didn't know the importance of a high fat diet, so I was on a relatively low fat diet. And I was hospitalized again. I also cold turkeyed my meds which may have contributed, and I also stopped the supplements.

When I got out, I started a high fat rpd. And I've been doing great ever since. I eat 1.5 oz of raw beef fat with every meal. I also started the niacin and b complex again.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

CitrusHigh

Re: DaBoss88's healing schizophrenia journal
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:21:04 am »
Thank you SO much Boss for doing this! This is one of the most intimidating areas of health for me, I know there are answers out there to mental dis-ease like 'schizophrenia' but with no personal or secondhand experience I don't feel confident advising people beyond their natural, raw diet. Really appreciate if you keep this updated!

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 12:52:37 am »
Thank you SO much Boss for doing this! This is one of the most intimidating areas of health for me, I know there are answers out there to mental dis-ease like 'schizophrenia' but with no personal or secondhand experience I don't feel confident advising people beyond their natural, raw diet. Really appreciate if you keep this updated!

I deffinitely suggest loads of raw fats. Lots of raw beef fat, chicken fat, fatty fish. And deffinitely Dr. Hoffer's niacin therapy.

There's a lot of research into eliminating gluten and casein, which raw paleo exlcudes.

I'll keep this up to date. My biggest concern right now is finances. Not being able to afford a full raw paleo diet is my biggest problem.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 01:29:17 am »
Go to whole foods or some other place that carries grassfed beef. They throw away lots of fat trimmings. Keep in mind they never add as much fat to their ground beef as they claim. They will sell u the fat trimmings for very little.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 01:42:29 am »
Go to whole foods or some other place that carries grassfed beef. They throw away lots of fat trimmings. Keep in mind they never add as much fat to their ground beef as they claim. They will sell u the fat trimmings for very little.

I actually thought of that already. I contacted thm, and they said for safety/legal reasons they can't give me them.

How ever I get large slabs of fat for $2.50/lb from a farmer. So that keeps me happy and healthy.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:34:09 am »
Duuude I'm telling you, you're missing out on an abundant, delicious and nutrient dense source of food!

http://news.yahoo.com/holy-herpetology-burmese-python-found-record-87-eggs-193035561.html

Also, if you want to get the fat from whole food, all you need to do is go up the food chain to management, supes or higher. Explain to them politely your health predicament and assure them you're going to take full responsibility for what you do, also tell them about how distressed it makes you to see them throwing perfectly good food in the trash when there are people all over the world that are going without.  Save the threats for last, if they are going to continue to waste the food, write a letter for publishing to local newspapers and eco-magazines and blogs, then make sure they get it. Stage a protest, have fun with it!

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 02:48:51 am »
Hi everyone. Here's my update.

I recently started taking high doses of niacin per Dr. Abram Hoffer's recomendation in a book called "Healing Schizophrenia: Complementary Vitamin and Drug Treatments."

It works great for me. Unfortunately when I started raw paleo, I discountinued it because of all the talk about supplements being bad. I guess I didn't realize how important it was. In no time at all I was hospitalized.

I started it again and now I'm feeling great.

I'm also taking a SCD compliant multivitamin, called "SCD Complete," which has methylcobalamin B12 which is good for the nervous system. It also has 800 mcg (800% dv) of Methylfolate, it can cross the blood brain barrier.

Apparently this type of folic acid is good for depression and schizophrenia, as its being sold by prescription only as a medical food at 7.5 mg-15 mg. I'm taking a total of 1,600 mcg (400% dv) from the MV and a SCD legal B complex from GI Pro Health.

I'm stiill looking for a better job, so I've been maintaining eating a few raw eggs per day and a couple fruits. However I'm still largely on a SAD diet.

I've gained a few pounds, which sucks. But thanks to the supplements I'm feeling great. And my pychiatrist has agreed to start reducing the dose of medicine I'm on.

I'm currently on 80 mg of geodon. But I was on 40 mg when I was on the Specific carbohydrate diet with niacin. I never tried reducing it more. But this time I plan to drop to 20 mg, and eventually zero if possible without getting symptoms.

Once I get a better job, I'll start SCD again. Then after I'm used to not having grains, dairy, and processed foods. I'll slowly work back into raw paleo-scd. This time I'll stay on all my supplements though.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 08:55:38 am »
My diet's been a little rocky, not too much raw foods.

On occasion I eat sushi. I have a good source of raw milk so I've been drinking about 3 gallons every 2 weeks.

I also eat about 2-3 dozen fertile, pastured eggs per week.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:19:43 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 10:22:10 am »
I've reached a good decision with my dad. He's ok with me having raw meat in the house, even eating it raw. So long as there's no food getting smelly/rotten in the fridge or anywhere else in the house.

So once I a) get more hours at my current job, or b) get a new job I'll be starting back up again.

The way I'm gonna keep the fridge from having smelly meat is by freezing the majority of it. Then defrosting only what I can finish before it starts to smell.

I've also done the math, I can cover all the meat and fat with $117/ month, which is pretty darn good. Then I plan to spend about &80 per month on fruits and veggies. I think $20 per week should get me a decent amount of fruits and veggies.

I've also located a few good sources of really high quality foods. I just got a source for grass fed, organic buffalo AND buffalo organs. I'm really happy about that. I also got a source for decently priced Alaskan King Salmon. Another great food.

Here's what my weekly diet is gonna look like - feel free to comment and tell me ways I can make it better, or make it more cost effective. Like increasing tongue or liver consumption since they're cheap and the most nourishing.

1. Suet - 3 lbs every 2 weeks - 3.5 oz daily - 882 calories - split into 4 meals
2. Meat - 7 lbs every 2 weeks - 8 oz daily - 896 calories (not including fat in the meat) - spread over 4 meals, 2 oz each

King Salmon - 8 oz weekly [$13.95/lb]
Beef liver - 4 oz weekly (I'll probably alternate between beef, buffalo, and lamb organs) [$6.40/lb]
Beef tongue - 4 oz weekly (I'll probably alternate between beef, buffalo, and lamb organs) [$5.58/lb]
Beef chuck roast - 20 oz per week [$6.40/lb]
Lamb - 10 oz per week [$7.60/lb]
Bison - 10 oz per week [$8.06/lb]

I'm looking at about $29.41 per week, not including fruits and veggies.

For those of you who say this diet is more affordable than a SADiet, you're completely right. With suet accounting for the bulk of the calories, it makes this diet very affordable.

About $6-$7 per day, less than the cost of typical Publix sushi, and MUCH more nourishing.

I'm pretty excited. I'm registered for school, so I'm on my way to having a good career. I can stay living at home and eat my raw diet. And most of all, THIS TIME I WILL STAY ON MY SUPPLEMENTS.

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 02:20:12 am »
Do should not need to freeze anything to stop it from being smelly. You can dry age your meat in the fridge, which is what I do. It will dehydrate in a good fridge, and if it is kept at below 4 degrees Celsius then it will not grow bacteria. This is actually what chefs do professionally if they want to make a great tasting, tender steak! Tell your dad what you are doing by leaving large flanks of meat in the fridge to dry out is actually a common thing to do for non-raw eaters.

You can simply youtube dry aged meat for some more information.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 02:44:30 am »
Do should not need to freeze anything to stop it from being smelly. You can dry age your meat in the fridge, which is what I do. It will dehydrate in a good fridge, and if it is kept at below 4 degrees Celsius then it will not grow bacteria. This is actually what chefs do professionally if they want to make a great tasting, tender steak! Tell your dad what you are doing by leaving large flanks of meat in the fridge to dry out is actually a common thing to do for non-raw eaters.

You can simply youtube dry aged meat for some more information.

My dad's already making a big deal about the amount of space I'm taking in the fridge and freezer, so that's a no go. But thanks for the advice.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 01:27:47 pm »
I had to redo the math on how much my diet would cost daily.

I made the mistake of thinking 1 oz (28 grams) of meat had 28 grams of protein. lol

So I recalculated my diet from 8 oz of meat, to 16 oz, in order to get 80 grams of protein daily.

It makes the diet about $60 per week, not including fruits and veggies. Which right now is out of my budget. But hopefully one of these jobs pulls through soon.

Health update: so far so good. The supplements are still working their magic. I'm eating some raw eggs, raw milk, and occasionally raw king salmon. A little raw fruit here and there.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 05:14:23 am »
I pick up my order of 3 dozen eggs and 2 gallons of raw milk tomorrow. It'll be the last order where I get eggs or milk.

I'm going to start alternating between 2 beef brains and 2 lbs of salmon every 2 weeks.

I figure it'll cost less, and be a lot better for me.

I'd be looking at 11,000 mg omega 3's from the brains, and 12,000 from the salmon.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 02:57:27 am »
Here's an update on what supplements I'm taking and what doses.

Niacin - Solgar veggie caps (minimal additives, SCD legal) - 1,000 mg 3-4 times daily
B complex - GI Pro Health - 1 pill with breakfast and lunch
http://www.giprohealth.com/bcomplex-1.aspx
Vitamin C - GI Pro Health - 1,000 mg 3-4 times daily
Mutivitamin - GI Pro Health SCD complete - half dose, 1 pill 3 times daily

I plan to stop the mulvititamin completely once I restart raw paleo.

However I don't plan to go from my current SADiet to fully raw paleo.

I'm going to start with the SCD, with raw carbs only, oils, and regular supermarket meats. By doing this I'll eliminate grains, dairy, beans, and all processed foods. I'll probably spend 1-3 months on this diet.

Then I'll make the transition to raw meats and suet, and eliminate oils. Then I'll officially be on my version of raw paleo, which hopefully gives me huge changes in my gut flora, and I notice some things microbial influence says are influenced by diet.

I also plan to take pics of my eyes every month, to track if I notice significant eye color change. I'll also be posting my body weight. I'm at a heavy 230 since switching from raw paleo to sad. I gained about 50 pounds in less than half a year. It might be a side effect of my medication.

I'll also be working with my psychiatrist to reduce my meds. I was on 40 mg before I stopped the niacin. I'm on 60 mg now. Without the niacin I was on 60 mg twice a day, then reduced to 80 once a day when I started niacin. Now I'm on 60 mg.

When I get to 40 mg and I'm stable, I inevitably will try 20 mg. Since 40 mg wouldn't reach effective blood plasma levels to be effective, which is what a doctor told me, I assume I'll be able to get off it completely.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 05:17:36 pm »
I've come to the realization that my illness requires a life long commitment to being healthy.

I stopped drinking, and in the month+ I've spent without alcohol, I've noticed I'm much happier/less depressed. I've also quit having the occasional cigarette with a friend of mine.

I realize it's more than just avoiding those obvious carcinogens, like drugs, alcohol, and tobacco. But also exercise, and diet.

I'm still looking for a better job *sigh*

For those of you who want to debate whether raw paleo is affordable on a low budget, I'd love to debate it. I did the math on how much it would cost me to get 80 grams of protein in me, while eating a sensible variety of fatty fish, organs, and muscle meats. About $60 per week, not including the fruits, vegetables, or nuts.

If I started working out, and needed more protein (about 160 grams daily), It would cost about $120 per week. Also not including fruits and vegetables.

So there goes the idea of raw paleo being affordable on every budget right out the window. $480 a month on food for ONE PERSON. Not even including fruits or veggies.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 07:12:34 pm »
I decided to add homemade pickles and sauerkraut to my regiment. I have a jar of cucumbers currently transforming into pickles. Later today I'll use red cabbage and make sauerkraut.

I'm expecting 2 lbs of organic, grass fed beef brains Monday. As well as 1 lb of raw beef fat. I plan to cut out fast food meals, and instead opt for 4 oz of grass fed beef with 1 oz of suet which will cost me less than $2 per meal. I'll supplement my diet with brains like I've been doing with eggs.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 09:07:17 am »
I plan to implement SCD ASAP. Which of course will be cooked meats, raw fruits, veggies and nuts. I can't transition from a SADiet to raw paleo. My body right now finds raw meat, suet, organs, etc. disgusting. I almost puke sucking eggs out of the shell lol.

My transition from SCD to raw paleo was a very simple one. I think since I had already eliminated all processed foods, and was only eating cooked meats and fruits, veggies and nuts. It was very easy to switch to raw.

This time I'll stay on all my supplements. Huge mistake stopping them last time.

Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:03:16 pm by goodsamaritan »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 09:12:42 am »
Congratulations!  What job did you get?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 09:24:44 am »
I don't really want to put to much information of my personal life on here... I'd hate for someone to find out my real identity and find out I have schizophrenia. That would really hurt me professionally.

Let's just say it pays enough for me to afford raw paleo, all organic ($400-600/month). And it'll be perfect while I go to school.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 04:41:57 am »
I got 2 lbs of beef brain, and 1 lb of suet today. I'm happy! As I was cutting up the brain I was nibbling on it. It was good! I felt a strong connection to it, it was weird. I could like feel a tingly sensation in my brain. The more I ate, the better I felt. No stop feeling.

Pictures coming soon

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 05:04:24 am »
I just froze most of it. I get the feeling it won't freeze well since it's so watery. We'll see when I defrost it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 05:11:14 am »
Hmmmm.... Tyler's like cures like is making an impact on you... keep on journaling!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 05:15:59 am »
Hmmmm.... Tyler's like cures like is making an impact on you... keep on journaling!

Huh?

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 06:25:09 am »
DaBoss88, I have not read ur entire post yet, but I will do it today. Here is my story, I m the member of Psychiatric Rovolution http://www.facebook.com/groups/psychiatricrevolution/ group, and under my care Grithner and his best friend Ted (schizophrenia) showing a huge improvement. Even though , they r not able to take some essential things like Minami brands Omega 3 and Thyroid and adrenal powder from Dr. Ron's, but with niacin and RPD, with in a months, they r just improving rapidly. Grithner has diagnosed hypothyroidism and he left himself untreated that, cause, he can't afford the glands powder. They lost coffee addiction and smoking addiction. Please, join this face group and see these fascinating recoveries. I will be back right in this post soon. Take care.
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 06:31:49 am »
Another thing is that Grithnir was on 5 different prescribed drugs and now he is on only two. Our goal is to taking them off from psychiatric drugs successfully as soon as possible
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk