Author Topic: DaBoss88's healing schizophrenia journal  (Read 162520 times)

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: DaBoss88's healing schizophrenia journal
« Reply #375 on: February 12, 2014, 04:20:55 am »
RPD is a great diet when done properly - but it's not a cure for schizophrenia. Dr. Hoffer's niacin therapy returns schizophrenics to normalcy, where they can live normal, productive lives. RPD didn't do that for me, orthomolecular medicine did. It made me well before I started a raw diet, and it's the reason I'm well today.

My cousin turned his life around from zero to full participation in the early days of orthomolecular psychiatry (1960s). Since then, I have seen that story repeated, and I have seen failures when people stopped their  supplements thinking that they had been cured forever.

You have so much to offer when you are in your right mind, and I applaud your efforts at responsible self-care. Keep up the good work.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 12, 2014, 04:24:36 am »
My cousin turned his life around from zero to full participation in the early days of orthomolecular psychiatry (1960s). Since then, I have seen that story repeated, and I have seen failures when people stopped their  supplements thinking that they had been cured forever.

You have so much to offer when you are in your right mind, and I applaud your efforts at responsible self-care. Keep up the good work.

Thank you  ;D
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 12, 2014, 08:40:54 pm »
I'm increasing my iodine today from 500 mcg to 1 mg. I've also been taking a lot more glycine than I was expecting to take. I took about 5,000 mg yesterday.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 14, 2014, 03:18:28 am »
Seeing as there are different forms of fat soluble vitamins - various forms of Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, etc. I've started taking a Vitamin A supplement (10,000 IU/200% RDA) from Carlson labs that's derived from fish livers. It's 100% retinol. Since I've seen that FCLO is more palmitate, and some times has very little retinol, I decided to take the retinol supplement.

I've taken like 6 pills today. I've also taken maybe 10 grams of glycine.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 07:38:25 am by DaBoss88 »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2014, 05:44:40 am »
I've done a little browsing the web to see how much salt people consumed 50-200 years ago, since I feel the amount I've been consuming isn't enough.

Here's what I've found

http://www.westonaprice.org/vitamins-and-minerals/salt-and-our-health

"HISTORICAL RATES OF SALT CONSUMPTION

It is of great interest that available data suggest Western societies consumed between three and 3.3 teaspoons (15-17 grams) of salt per day from the early 1800s until the end of World War II, based on military archives for prisoner-of-war and soldier rations around the world. During the Anglo-American War of 1812, despite its high cost, salt rations amounted to three teaspoons (15 grams) per day.37 American prisoners of war, incarcerated in Britain’s Dartmoor prison, bitterly complained that the 1.5 teaspoons (8 grams) of salt per day they received was part of “…scanty and meager diet for men brought up in the land of liberty, and ever used to feast on the luscious fruits of plenty…”38 Declassified World War II documents regarding rations fed to American prisoners of war show a ration of one hundred forty grams per week or 3.3 teaspoons (17 grams) per day.39

After World War II, when refrigeration began to displace salt as the main means of food preservation, salt consumption in the U.S. (and somewhat later in other countries) dropped dramatically to about half that rate, or nine grams (1.8 teaspoons) per day and, based on twenty-four hour urinary sodium data, has remained flat for the last fifty years.40 During that time, rates of hypertension have increased,41 thus casting doubt on any linkage between the two."

I'm going to start making sure from now on I consume at least 1.5-3 tsp daily. I'm likely to start at 1.5 tsp, and work up to 3 tsp.

(I'm using an unrefined salt - Redmond's Real Salt)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #380 on: February 15, 2014, 03:59:38 pm »
Wow, 3 tsp of salt a day huh? 
Maybe they did not have refrigeration at that time and only ate cooked meat?
Maybe you could start a thread on this salt consumption thing and we can all exchange experiment results.
And I assume you don't live beside the beach?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 15, 2014, 08:47:03 pm »
Wow, 3 tsp of salt a day huh? 
Maybe they did not have refrigeration at that time and only ate cooked meat?
Maybe you could start a thread on this salt consumption thing and we can all exchange experiment results.
And I assume you don't live beside the beach?

I was looking at the RDA, and I saw that I wasn't even getting the RDA. 1/4 tsp is 22% of the RDA for sodium, and I was getting maybe 3/4-1 tsp daily. So I'm making sure I get at least the 1.5 tsp daily.

http://www.westonaprice.org/vitamins-and-minerals/salt-and-our-health

"The fundamental indicator of salt intake sufficiency points to 1.5 teaspoons (8 grams) of salt per day as the basic human requirement."

But it seems going up to about 3 tsp is fine.

"It is equally extraordinary that, without guidance or pressure of any kind, the consumption of salt around the world, for more than two centuries has remained in the range of 1.5 to three teaspoons (8-15 grams) per day, which, from all the available data, appears to hold the lowest risk for us. It lends support to the notion of the “wisdom of the body” at work through a mechanism that may not be as obvious as the typical sodium appetite so common in most other mammalian species, but effective nevertheless."

Yesterday I ingested 1.5+ tsp, but didn't quite get to 3.

They didn't have refrigeration, and they used the salt to preserve the meat. Still I think more salt is a good idea.

I'll make a thread in the WPF section.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 15, 2014, 10:04:04 pm »
DaBoss, remind us of what kind of water you drink.  Is it RO? 

It honestly might be a good idea to have a decent salt intake for people drinking RO.  Although I'd advocate for a large variety of salts from seaweeds, bone broth, certain plant foods and different varieties of salts, not just Redmonds.  You will still get a ton of sodium, but also potassiums, iodine and a broader spectrum of different trace minerals.  I also think those Concentrace drops have the potential to be really harmful, I don't think its proper to store salt water in plastic and pass that off as a supplement.

Also if it seems like I am insistent on whole foods instead of supplements, its totally not the case.  I just think there are good sources of a  lot of the nutrients that you supplement in whole foods form and perhaps there are those who could benefit from ingesting more of those nutrients who aren't exactly in need of large or specific doses.  I also think whole foods "supplementing" is important because naturally you are going to get the many cofactors and a broader spectrum of nutrients. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 10:11:56 pm by jessica »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 16, 2014, 05:45:16 am »
DaBoss, remind us of what kind of water you drink.  Is it RO?

I drink distilled water - and then add in 4 drops of blue ocean minerals, a pinch of unrefined salt, and generally Lugol's iodine to each gallon.

I increased my iodine to 2 mg today.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 16, 2014, 10:41:34 pm »
How long have you been drinking Distilled water? 

I have been drinking RO as the majority of the water I drink for many years.  When I am lucky enough to have pure spring water or clean river water I will drink that but over the years its been few and far between in comparison to how much RO I have consumed.  By far, drinking spring water makes me feel so much more healthy and alive, it is as if every cell in my body is able to function better.  I find myself less thirsty and often times less interested in salt.  I am guessing this is due to the trace mineral content, but also that the water has not lost its natural ionization.

I think RO and Distilled deplete minerals from the body so you are wise to add them back to your water and then add more to your food if it makes you feel healthier. 

I generally add something salty, dulse, kelp, or just a mixture of solar dried sea salts (celtic, French, Himalayan, Hawaiian..etc..) judging by which one tastes properly salty.  Sometimes dulse is too "salty" tasting while sea salt is just right., sometimes all of those are horrible and I really want celery or cucumbers or....I am guessing this is because of the different mineral salts and using taste to tell which one I am more in need of.  I have found that phantom hunger at the end of meals, or a lul in energy, can be allieviated by putting some salt on my tongue or eating a few pieces of dulse.

When I add sea salt I just take large pinches, probably adding a tsp to meals at times, sometimes I just rub it on meat and enjoy.   

Right now my quenching drink of choice is hot water with a little milk and salt :)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 17, 2014, 01:02:15 am »
I've been drinking distilled water for several years.

I'm going to decrease my salt to just the RDA, so I'll try to get about 100% of the RDA and not go over to start. I'm also upping my iodine to 1 drop (2.5 mg).

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 17, 2014, 08:22:01 pm »
Today I'm trying 5 grams of glycine with each meal, 2.5 mg of iodine for the day, and 1.5 tsp salt plus the little bit I sprinkle on my food.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 18, 2014, 08:07:39 am »
The 5 grams of glycine with each meal is going well. The 1.5 tsp of salt plus what I put on food has gone well. I increased my iodine consumption today to 25 mg.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2014, 09:08:43 pm »
I've been getting 1.5 tsp salt, plus what I put on food, plus an extra 1/4 tsp 2 or 3 times a day. I'm going to take 50 mg iodine today, and maybe increase to 10 g glycine per meal.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 21, 2014, 02:51:36 am »
The salt has been going well, I've been taking 1.5-3 tsp daily. I'm still taking 50 mg iodine daily, and I'm taking 10 grams of glycine with each meal.

I was looking into Vitamin C - http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/mega_1_1.html - and I'm seeing that I likely haven't been getting the optimal amount. Today I'm increasing from 1,000 mg 3x per day, to 3,000 mg 3x per day. I may increase it after trying 3,000 mg 3x a day for a little bit.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 01, 2014, 07:55:19 pm »
I've been taking 3,000 mg vitamin c 3x a day. Since I'm on such a low dose of geodon (5 mg) and it's supposed to decrease dopamine levels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziprasidone#Schizophrenia

"Ziprasidone's efficacy in treating the positive symptoms of schizophrenia is believed to be mediated primarily via antagonism of the dopamine receptors,"

"Ziprasidone is effective in the treatment of schizophrenia, though evidence from the CATIE trials suggests it is less effective than olanzapine and of around equal effectiveness to quetiapine. Doses of around 120mg daily and higher are required.[2]"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19193337

"Synthesis of the monoamine neurotransmitters serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine is regulated by L-methylfolate, a derivate of the vitamin folate."

So I've decreased my dose of methylfolate to 5 mg (was 10 mg) - that way as the effect of the geodon's reducing dopamine decreases, the methylfolate won't cause a big increase in dopamine production.

I've been taking about 8 grams of glycine 3x daily, 50 mg iodine, 1.5-3 tsp salt, and I recently added in a chromium supplement.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 05, 2014, 01:19:15 am »
I've decreasing my magnesium from about 1,000 mg daily to 400-500 mg daily. I've also started doing some stretching daily, and minimal exercise (push ups, weightless squats, calf raises, sit ups).

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 05, 2014, 10:54:16 pm »
I had the feeling the Vitamin K1 from the spinach/veggies I've been eating hasn't been very effective, so I'm trying a Vitamin K1 supplement - 125% RDA.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 10, 2014, 10:46:48 am »
I'm a week away from going to see my doctor. Then I'll stop the medication. I'm likely to make my presence here much less frequent once I've stopped the medication. It's been great documenting and sharing my experience, but I'll no longer have things to update once I'm off the meds. Mission accomplished I suppose lol.

I'm doing well on 5 mg. Everything (blood work is perfect, mentally well) is great.

I'll update after I see my doctor and stop the meds. Then I'll make another post with details on my complete routine.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #394 on: March 10, 2014, 11:14:56 am »
There's always updates every month you could just update.  Also do tell how wonderful life is schizo cured! 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 12, 2014, 08:48:21 pm »
Also do tell how wonderful life is schizo cured!

Life is good, lol.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 16, 2014, 09:41:29 pm »
I figured I'd post the details of my routine now.

I'm still following Dr. Hoffer's niacin therapy. I take 1,000 mg 3x a day w/ 50 mg b complex and 1,000 mg vitamin c. This is the protocol outlined in Dr. Hoffer's book "Healing Schizophrenia: Complementary Vitamin & Drug Treatments." Another very important thing to mention is that Dr. Hoffer got the best results with patients who had less schizophrenic episodes. His 90%+ cure rate was with patients who had 3 or less episodes. The success rate was less depending on how many episodes they had. I've had 3 episodes, and I started the niacin after my second one with great success. This is the most important part of my routine.

Fortunately after my second episode I stayed on the medications which helped prevent any further episodes. Had I stopped the medication as I had the first time I would've had more and more episodes. In that respect I'm glad I stayed on the medications. If I had episode after episode the niacin may not have been as effective.

In addition to Dr. Hoffer's niacin therapy, I also use Dr. Brownstein's iodine protocol. I take 50-100 mg Lugol's solution iodine daily. I also use unrefined salt (Redmond's Real Salt, 1.5 tsp dialy). I use a shower head filter, and a distiller for drinking water. I use fluoride free toothpaste. I don't eat organic produce now, but eventually I plan too (which is recommended). I also take the companion nutrients recommended for the protocol (magnesium, selenium, etc.) Dr. Brownstein has various books, a youtube channel, and other resources with information.

After getting genetic testing for MTHFR (a genetic trait that decreases the ability to convert folate into its active form), I started taking a methylfolate supplement (Quatrefolic) in the range of 2.5-10 mg. I also take the active forms of the b vitamins.

I also take glycine (8 mg 3x daily). It's supposed to be helpful for schizophrenia, and also the WPF recommends eating glycine rich foods. Glycine is supposed to help boost the body's glutathione (the master antioxidant) levels.

I've been doing something called the "Vitamin K2 Protocol." Basically the idea is that Vitamin K2 regulates mineralization, calcification, and other things. A good read on the subject is "The Calcium Paradox." It didn't make sense to me to just take vitamin A, D, and K2. So I decided to take all the fat soluble vitamins - Vitamin A, D3, E, K1 and K2.

I also eat a raw diet of grass fed meats and fats, pastured eggs, and fruits/vegetables/nuts.

Here are the complete details of doses, amount of meat/fat, etc.

Diet

4 oz of grass fed meat 3x a day (beef, buffalo, lamb, veal, etc.). 3 oz beef fat 3x a day. Fruits/vegetables/nuts whenever I'm hungry for carbs.

1.5 tsp salt daily.

Supplements

1,000 mg niacin 3x daily

50 mg b complex 2x daily

1,000 mg vitamin c 3x-9x daily

1.5 mg vitamin k2 3x daily

400 iu vitamin e 1x daily

10,000 iu vitamin a 1x daily

100 mcg vitamin k1 1x daily

1,000 iu vitamin d3 3x daily

1,000 mg calcium and 400 mg phosphorus from calcium hydroxyapatite daily

11 mg zinc chelate 1x daily

50 mcg selenium 1x daily

8 mg manganese chelate 3x daily

125 mg magnesium taurate 1x daily

50 mg magnesium threonate 1x daily

100 mg magnesium glycinate 1x daily

230 mg magnesium from blue ocean minerals 1x daily

chromium 200 mcg 1x daily

2.5-10 mg methylfolate (Quatrefolic) 1x daily

36 mg riboflavin-5-phosphate (B2) 1x daily

25 mg B6 P5P 2x daily

1 mg biotin 1x daily

Iodine 50-100 mg daily

8,000 mg glycine 3x daily

Exercise

At the least push ups, sit ups, and weightless squats daily. Usually a good amount of aerobic exercise like walking, sprinting, etc.

Sleep

Generally I get a good 8 hours each night.

Recommended Reading

Dr. Hoffer - Healing Schizophrenia: Complementary Vitamin & Drug Treatments. He has other books, and they're all very good.

Dr.  Kate Rheaume-Bleue - Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life

Dr. Brownstein - Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It. Overcoming Thyroid Disorders. Salt Your Way to Health.

Dr. Edward Howell - Enzyme Nutrition

Dr. Carolyn Dean - The Magnesium Miracle

Multiple Authors - Advances in Food Research vol. 26

Linus Pauling - How to Live Longer and Feel Better

I see my doctor tomorrow and I'll be stopping the meds.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 26, 2014, 04:55:59 am »
I ended up not seeing my doctor last week (was to busy). I'm seeing him today. I stopped my meds Friday last week.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 03, 2014, 07:57:43 pm »
I'd like to share my results with my sleep and experience of dreams. I've been having dreams, with full recall of my dreams. I notice that I have the best dream recall when I don't eat after it's dark, and I also refrain from drinking water a few hours before bed time. If I drink water before bed I don't have as good a dream recall, especially if I ate close to bed too. Eating before dark and avoiding water a few hours before bed gives me the best dream recall. That doesn't include the million other things I'm doing (fat soluble vitamins, salt, clean water, other vitamins, minerals, blah blah blah lol).

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 03, 2014, 08:19:47 pm »
Dreams are the best, it means you are going into deep deep sleep and coming back, it means the best rest, especially if you if get to have a few rounds of dreams a night.

Congratulations on finally getting off the prescription drugs!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk