Author Topic: Grass Fed Beef  (Read 7332 times)

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Grass Fed Beef
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 08:58:06 pm »
Grass fed beef tastes great compared to feedlot beef.
That is as far as the beef I come across in the markets near where I live.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

xylothrill

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 12:58:28 am »
Thanks,

Good info in there!

Craig

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 04:49:03 am »

Offline TheWayCreatesTheWarrior

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • WhereHaveTheBuffaloGone
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 03:34:47 pm »
Grass fed beef tastes great compared to feedlot beef.
That is as far as the beef I come across in the markets near where I live.

i couldnt agree more!
when i started a RAF diet, i would only eat Bison from Whole Foods because i enjoyed the taste and didnt like the beef that i would buy there, then they started getting 100%grassfed beef and its very identical to the Bison. big difference, grain-fed vs. grass-fed.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 05:25:14 pm by TheWayCreatesTheWarrior »
There can be no mercy in the heart, of the heart, of the Wolf.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 05:48:34 am »

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 07:40:18 pm »
I am from the Midwest United States where a lot of cattle are "finished" on grain and agricultural byproducts in feedlots. One of the problems is that the cattle are herded into pens and they stand on their shit for months not moving while they are fed grains which are as unnatural to their digestive systems as they are to ours. They have to be given antibiotics to keep them alive. The stench of the feedlots can be smelled for miles and is almost unbearable. The reason this is done is an economic one, the rancher or beef processor can get the meat to market faster and at less cost.

The cattle's muscles get soft and marbled with fat just like ours do when we lay on the couch all day eating doughnuts and potato chips. Another problem is that the fat they put on is the wrong kind for us. The fatty acids are deadly to our unaccustomed bodies. The same is true for chicken (and their eggs) and pork and any other animal.

We need to have some fat with the animal protein we eat or it can be toxic. But is needs to be good fats like those found in grass-fed animals and seafood (fish oil). When I eat raw meat I add flax seed oil for its high omega 3 content and take fish oil supplements. Please educate yourself about good fats versus bad fats.

Feedlot cattle also have a high danger of bacterial infections, which is why the beef industry has to make frequent recalls. Chickens and pigs are also raised in "meat factories" around here where they are crammed into buildings and fed grains, never seeing the light of day. The antibiotics they must be fed are producing resistant bacteria and viruses. When these make a jump to humans there will be a worldwide pandemic.

An interesting side note is that Europeans evolved with domesticated animals (recently) and became resistant to their diseases. When the Europeans colonized the New World they brought the diseases which killed off most of the indigenous human inhabitants.   
Naturally, Don

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 07:50:38 pm »
We need to have some fat with the animal protein we eat or it can be toxic. But is needs to be good fats like those found in grass-fed animals and seafood (fish oil). When I eat raw meat I add flax seed oil for its high omega 3 content and take fish oil supplements. Please educate yourself about good fats versus bad fats.

Well if you have educated yourself about good fats you would not be adding flax seed oil!

Nicola

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 09:12:22 pm »
What is wrong with cold pressed un-oxidized flax oil? I seem to have missed something.
Naturally, Don

coconinoz

long chain pufa's
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 02:36:45 am »

what we actually need is not omegas from plants, which the body has a hard time to convert to its desired pufa's, but dietary long chain pufa's, esp. aa & dha
aa: in land meet from animals living in their natural habitat, provided the meat is fresh, not prefrozen (as long chain pufa's are highly vulnerable & fragile & sit mostly in the cell membranes, which membranes are destroyed by freezing)
dha: in seafood & some eggs

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 02:40:19 am by coconinoz »

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 09:15:49 am »
Thank you, yes I agree.

I moved to the country so that I could raise land animals in their natural habitat for my children. It was very difficult and I only survived for about ten years. This lifestyle is not part of our civilized society.

Plant based omega 3's are hard for the body but only if other nutrients are not available like vitamin c and the B vitamins and minerals. If you are otherwise eating a good diet of raw fruits and vegetables, these are in abundant supply in your body.

PLANT BASED OMEGA 3 IS NOT BAD! It is just not as good as what we can't readily get. Flax seed and oil just gives you a huge ready supply of what you can use. This is great.

I am now a city dweller, but not by choice. In the urban settings is hard to get access to land animals in their natural habitat. If you can it costs triple grocery store prices of feed lot beef. Getting natural meat is well worth it, but hard to get. One has to go directly to the small scale consciousnesses organic producer. We should all try to do this.

In reality it would be imposable for all people of the world to have a Paleo diet right now. It saddens me to see so much suffering because of our crazy civilized nutrition and the resulting diseases. All we can do is try to make it better.

Thanks for this forum!   
Naturally, Don

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 07:22:27 pm »
Many people are able to order grassfed meat from farms several States/counties away. Some are expensive, others aren't.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Carnál

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 04:11:17 pm »
I am from the Midwest United States where a lot of cattle are "finished" on grain and agricultural byproducts in feedlots. One of the problems is that the cattle are herded into pens and they stand on their shit for months not moving while they are fed grains which are as unnatural to their digestive systems as they are to ours. They have to be given antibiotics to keep them alive. The stench of the feedlots can be smelled for miles and is almost unbearable. The reason this is done is an economic one, the rancher or beef processor can get the meat to market faster and at less cost.

The cattle's muscles get soft and marbled with fat just like ours do when we lay on the couch all day eating doughnuts and potato chips. Another problem is that the fat they put on is the wrong kind for us. The fatty acids are deadly to our unaccustomed bodies. The same is true for chicken (and their eggs) and pork and any other animal.

Feedlot cattle also have a high danger of bacterial infections, which is why the beef industry has to make frequent recalls. Chickens and pigs are also raised in "meat factories" around here where they are crammed into buildings and fed grains, never seeing the light of day. The antibiotics they must be fed are producing resistant bacteria and viruses. When these make a jump to humans there will be a worldwide pandemic.

An interesting side note is that Europeans evolved with domesticated animals (recently) and became resistant to their diseases. When the Europeans colonized the New World they brought the diseases which killed off most of the indigenous human inhabitants.

Maybe one of the answers is, if you live in the Americas, or are of Native American descent, or wherever you live or wherever you're from, eat meat is closest to that your ancient predesessors ate.  Sounds kind of paleo to me.

In Canada people ate:

1. alu'saq - lean tissue lean meat

2. matuesuei - porcupine meat

3. tia'muei - moose meat

Yaks, deer and bison are not marbled.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 10:41:40 pm »
What is wrong with cold pressed un-oxidized flax oil? I seem to have missed something.
Would you go out into the wild and find flax to grind and press out the oil? I would rather kill an animal for its fat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk