Poll

If you couldn't eat raw paleo for whatever reason, what in your eyes, would be the better choice?

Raw Vegan / Vegetarian
0 (0%)
Cooked Paleo
6 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: What's better, cooked paleo or raw vegan/vegetarian?  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
What's better, cooked paleo or raw vegan/vegetarian?
« on: September 07, 2012, 09:34:22 am »
Just curious if you all think cooking is worse than grains/zero animal foods.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What's better, cooked paleo or raw vegan/vegetarian?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 09:55:00 am »
Cooked paleo for me over raw vegan/vegetarian, meaning none of the agricultural staples like grains and legumes. My position is based on physical reaction - bodily inflammation and metabolic syndrome - not on personal philosophy.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:15:16 am »
Cooked paleo, obviously.(I am cooked paleo for the most part.)  I would be too scared of turning into durianrider to try the raw vegan thing.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 10:48:27 am »
It depends on what stage of health and healing you are in.

If your kidneys are in a terrible state of gout overload, then raw vegan / fruitarian may be good for a week or more to give it a rest.

If you are malnourished, then cooked / semi cooked paleo is it.  Cooked can be rare.  And you can adjust the amount of meats / fish to consume.

There are cases of people whose livers need to be fueled by lots of glucose from rice or sweet potatoes if he digests them.

When you are healing people, it pays to be open to all diets out there.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:30:56 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 02:27:54 am »
Cooked paleo is not as bad as one can think. If you eat things like steamed salmon, good quality rare or medium rare beef steaks and avoid artificial food , "empty carbs" and grains , you will be better off than 95% of westenr population.

If you want to be raw vegan for longer period of time, I do not believe you would be all right.

I did both diets and I find cooked paleo amazing, and raw veganism decent but only for cleansing purposes. After two months I got too "tired", sleepy and my teeth enamel got badly hurt.

However, after seeing video with this raw vegan afromamerican lady that is seventy, I am no longer sure of anything!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:22:51 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 03:25:05 am »
above post edited for spelling

My experience was that a raw vegan diet was far better than a cooked-palaeolithic diet. The benefits of a raw vegan diet were minimal, such as lower weight and slimness and, especially the total lack of painful stomach-aches, but, at least, it was way better than the great harm caused me by any diet high in cooked animal foods. I still fare better on cooked plant foods than cooked animal foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk