Author Topic: "Vegetarian" Raw Paleo Diet  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
"Vegetarian" Raw Paleo Diet
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:35:26 am »
Someone posted this on another forum, and I thought it was interesting.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/recipe/2664938/2

You can actually cover all the RDI's and ward off deficiencies with raw vegetarian, without eating any meat or seafood. I don't think it is optimal, obviously, but it is a good example of what a vegetarian should do if they want to be avoiding starches, legumes, soy and all that other crap most vegetarian doctors tell you to eat.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:07:19 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: "Vegetarian" Raw Paleo Diet
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 11:17:19 am »
cool cause we all know how accurate the rdis are at establishing a good basis of health.  especially because they are by the same government that came up with the food pyramid in this country whos citizens are the epitome of health

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:34:20 am »
My calculator says 36% fat and over 58% carbs. I'm not buying it. Plus, looking at the foods represented, I don't see a year-round plan for most locations in the world. It's easy to enter some mythical diet in a nutrition calculator, but living that way is another thing entirely.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 07:58:42 am »
cool cause we all know how accurate the rdis are at establishing a good basis of health.  especially because they are by the same government that came up with the food pyramid in this country whos citizens are the epitome of health

lmao. agreed Jessica. The pinnacle of health.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 01:06:25 pm »
Someone posted this on another forum, and I thought it was interesting.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/recipe/2664938/2

You can actaully cover all the RDI's and ward off deficiencies with raw vegetarian, without eating any meat or seafood. I don't think it is optimal, obviously, but it is a good example of what a vegetarian should do if they want to be avoiding starches, legumes, soy and all that other crap most vegetarian doctors tell you to eat.

Well, if you're eating eggs from extremely healthy poultry, I would say it could probably be done fairly healthfully, especially if you're getting plenty of sunlight, and taking some kind of trace mineral supplement, and/or eating seaweeds.

I still think at least including some shellfish, like clams and oysters for the minerals, and sea urchin for the fats, is a good idea.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk