Author Topic: Eating fruit seeds and pips good for you  (Read 6411 times)

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Eating fruit seeds and pips good for you
« on: September 24, 2012, 02:14:51 pm »
Of course there are some seeds to avoid such as the apricot and the bitter almond, but generally smaller safer seeds are good for cleansing your gut.

There is the myth that seeds can get caught in your gut and cause diverticulitis, but the research says that is not true, and if anything, when they are eaten raw they act as extra 'smooth' insoluble fiber which is good for your health.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19607778
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18728264

I first got onto eating all my fruit seeds (watermelon, lychee, mangosteen, lemon/lime, wild banana, grape) after I learned about the cleansing properties of papaya seeds.

What do other people think about eating seeds whole (if they are small enough to swallow with mouthfuls of the flesh)?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Eating fruit seeds and pips good for you
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 02:46:42 pm »
There are some fruit seeds  I eat on a regular basis:

- guavas
- my mother in law recommends a few papaya seeds every now and then.
- watermelon, I get to see them in my poop.
- same with cucumbers
- kiwi

they are mostly too small to bother removing.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 03:00:02 pm »
I thought the consumption of apricot seed kernels was a form of cancer treatment.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 07:11:01 pm »
I don't believe in eating seeds. Once seeds have sprouted, then it's OK as the enzyme-levels rise and the antinutrient-levels greatly decrease, but nonsprouted seeds should be avoided.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 08:49:10 pm »
I thought the consumption of apricot seed kernels was a form of cancer treatment.

That's my understanding too, based on the world without cancer book and youtube documentary
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 09:40:16 pm »
I don't believe in eating seeds. Once seeds have sprouted, then it's OK as the enzyme-levels rise and the antinutrient-levels greatly decrease, but nonsprouted seeds should be avoided.

Are you saying you remove the seeds of any fruit you eat? I guess you don't bother at all eating the likes of figs and berries then?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 11:16:05 pm »
Are you saying you remove the seeds of any fruit you eat? I guess you don't bother at all eating the likes of figs and berries then?
No, I eat them along with the fruit, as I'm lazy. However, I don't eat seeds on their own. Except for raw pumpkin seeds which I ate when I once had a parasitic infestation years ago.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Muhammad.Sunshine

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 11:31:27 am »
I was eating prickly pears, filtering the seeds was annoying, so I decided to eat them like an animal would in nature seeds and all. Doing so was liberating, it made the prickly pears a joy to eat and they became tastier somehow.

The seeds passed through gently, which was good because I was concerned about the possible effects of eating so many seeds.
Always try to be positive, optimistic, kind, and fair.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 08:33:12 pm »
A lot of animals are responsible for planting by eating the seeds then excreting them in fecal matter. I think eating seeds is pretty natural.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk