Author Topic: Donating Blood  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Spirit Bear

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Donating Blood
« on: September 25, 2012, 01:23:26 am »
I feel like losing a bit of blood once in a while could be beneficial overall. You receive new cells, get rid of buildup and toxins at the expense of having to synthesize new blood, and losing whatever beneficial contents it had that the body can't replace itself. I originally first gave blood to find out what my blood type was because I was curious about Dr Lam's Blood Type Diet. What do the people here think of only filtering and recycling the blood cells via the internal organs? Is it critical or unimportant to lose some bad blood once in a while?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Donating Blood
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 02:20:58 am »
Women automatically lose blood through menstruation.

I've read that some scientists think that losing blood via donation or other methods can extend a man's life, because of the health problems associated with excessive iron buildup.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:47:33 am »
Women automatically lose blood through menstruation.

I've read that some scientists think that losing blood via donation or other methods can extend a man's life, because of the health problems associated with excessive iron buildup.
Maybe. The claim is that humans had parasites in the past so that excess iron was created by the body in order to take that into account, and that, therefore, our parasite-free modern bodies need to lose blood every now and then in order to reduce iron amounts to healthy levels. I suspect, though, that this is just a con made up by hospitals in order to get people to donate blood. Then again, Aajonus claims that menstruation allows women to live longer....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 11:12:54 pm »
selling blood is big business. dont know if id trust that info.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk