Author Topic: New approach  (Read 19350 times)

Offline Hotmail

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: New approach
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2012, 08:16:55 pm »
To the OP re plants and fibre  interference with the digestion, this happened tome too after about 18 months being ZC/VLC.  If you want to get the vitamins/minerals of the veg without the digestion drama, your best option is to make a green juice, you only need a cup or so every morning.   Then build your tolerance gradually if you can, I am still struggling with it, my body can't digest veg/fruit and I get joints pain when I eat fresh fruits/veg, but managed to adapt to high protein/fat plants such as avocado or quinoa, in fact I have less trouble digesting white rice/potatoes than veg/fruit (which I only eat on very rare occasions at family invites, surprisingly starches do not cause me joints pain, but perhaps this is because I have them on very rare occasion)

I use Olive oil, I've been use it often recently, but I also use coconut oil.  Mediterranean populations use olive oil as a main fat source, have done so for many generation.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2012, 07:03:11 am »
Are you in the Mediterranean Hotmail?

Offline Hotmail

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2012, 02:20:36 am »
For the last 20 years I've been living in London, but before that for the first 20 years of my life I lived in the Mediterranean (various countries) and I know they use olive oil heavily.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2012, 02:24:48 am »
Yes, it's a big part of the "Mediteranean Diet" that is so popular here. I bet getting good fresh olive oil would be easy there. Can you get good oil in London?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk