Author Topic: Hi, I am new, to all of this.  (Read 19615 times)

Offline Grithnir

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Hi, I am new, to all of this.
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:31:34 am »
Just thought I would say hi, I was recommended here.  I am a schizophrenic, on a lot of supplements, and never thought about this type of diet that was suggested from a friend on this site.  I take Niacin and Glycine in great quantities, and it helps me from rotating in cycles of confusion but I still do take the psychiatric medications, even though limiting them very much at times. I might drop one for the other, now that I feel less symptomatic, but I am interested in knowing more about probiotics, and certainly can't read a whole terrible amount tonight, but I am curious for any advice, especially about coffee replacements.  I have seen some teas, but also some warnings, and don't know what to trust, except perhaps green tea.  I live in the US, Pacific Northwest.

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, I am new, to all of this.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:33:49 am »
Hello , welcome to the site.

I'd recommend you check out this book: http://www.amazon.com/MIRACULOUS-EXTREMELY-SUNSHINE-EXPERIMENT-ebook/dp/B005FCKN2S

Its about a guy who started taking massive quantities of vitamin D3 after discovering its deficiency is at the core of practically every ailment. I myself have been taking 10k IU minimum every day, on many of those days 20k IU, and on some more. My advice would be to research it yourself, but from what I understand high dose vitamin (steroid!) D3 therapy can have a very big impact on what you suffer from.

I myself am noticing modest benefits after a few months. After a life long (severe, I expect) vitamin D insufficiency I'm sure it'll take a lot longer for me to pull myself out of the pit.

At high doses, D3 must be taken also with vitamin K2 (not to be confused with K1).

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 12:00:55 pm »
Also vitamin d will use up magnesium.

There is an old timer here named raw with a brother with schizophrenia who might have some powerful suggestions for you. I would pm her directly if I were you. She always wants to help someone in your predicament. I'm sure she won't mind you contacting her that way. I haven't seen her around the forum as of late - that's why I would pm her. She knows some powerful protocols.

I would not stop your medication. Keep that up so that you CAN do the other things to help yourself. Often schizophrenics will give up their meds when they are feeling better. The problem is that with that disease if you get off your meds you won't understand that you need to go back on them. Stay on them and get a family member to help you. You need someone outside of yourself to evaluate and help you.

Welcome and good luck.

Offline Grithnir

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 11:22:50 pm »
Thank you for the words.  I have a problem with the finances of all these supplements, like I need pills to have dietary substance and just say to hell with food, but anyways, the woman you are talking about is who recommended me here. I believe.  Can you explain what K2 does for the UI vitamin D? 

Ok, so I don't know how extensive this goes, but I would really like to meet someone in my area that practices all these things.  I'm outside Boise, Idaho.  Know that's probably a touch one.

So I take, Niacin, Glycine, B-Complex, multivitamin, and c, but I don't have D.  And than I am on a few psychiatric medications and I don't plan to quit them any time soon.  It's nice to meet you guys, and feel free to message me, with any specifics I should change because I get paid monthly and I will be out on the town November 1st to collect supplies.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 11:43:01 pm »
Your inbox is full so I couldn't PM u this.

I suggest you buy Dr. Abram Hoffeer's book "Healing Schizophrenia: Complementary Vitamin & Drug Treatments." Or at least google niacin schizophrenia cure.

Large doses of niacin cures, or effectively treats schizophrenia. To give you an example, I was on 120 mg of geodon, and 1500 mg of depakote.

When I started the niacin I was able to taper down to 40 mg and 500 mg. Eventually I stopped the depakote and stayed only on geodon.

I suggest buying the solgar, vegetable caps, 1000 mg niacin off amazon. You can get it for $20 w/ free shipping.

Take it with b complex (the kind that has about 50 mg per pill). I suggest the GI pro health SCD legal b complex.

Niacin therapy is more effective than raw paleo. I was very sick after stopping my niacin and staying on raw paleo.

When I started niacin again I got better. Raw paleo makes the niacin work better though.

What supplements are you on? And what doses and what medications? How do you eat?

Some essential supplements are the niaicin, to take large doses. B complex, and vitamin c.

These three supplements will be more effective than any drugs, although you may still need to be on meds.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Grithnir

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 11:57:23 pm »
My inbox is not full according to what I am looking at, though I am definitely in Facebook mode, to understand a new software concept.  I take about 1500mgs of Niacin, twice daily, and I can't really get into the other stuff, because I am not too clear on it, where it came from, the details about it.  Someone just gave it to me, not open though.   For one thing, I am very poor, I have extreme paranoia of tap water that I pay $100 a month for purified water delivered to my house.  It's the only way I won't because if I have to carry that many by myself I would quit.

My diet is crap, right now, RAW, I believe is cooking up a diet for me, because I gave her the budget I have to work with.  It's so drastic that I am getting a food box today, because my partner, really went decadent with snack items.  And also, I need to purchase this all, for him as well, he is just like me, we were tortured into a schizophrenic diagnosis, and PTSD.  So yes, it will be pricey.  But please mail me the specifics of what words I am looking for on each vitamin.

Have you ever tried Glycine?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 12:15:51 am »
I've heard a little about glycine, but not much. Why don't you tell me more?

Well if you're taking 1500 mg niacin twice daily, that should be fine. Though you could try 1000 3x.

Check out these supplements.

http://www.giprohealth.com/bcomplex-1.aspx

I recomend that B Complex since it has the active forms of folic acid and B12.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0001VUOMM/ref=mp_s_a_2?pi=SL75&qid=1351095283&sr=8-2

This niacin is cheap, and has no bad additives.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 12:17:38 am »
When he switches over to raw red meat he may see the need to reduce his niacin intake.  Just monitor yourself.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 12:20:46 am »
When he switches over to raw red meat he may see the need to reduce his niacin intake.  Just monitor yourself.

I wouldn't advise that. When I started on raw paleo I tried the same thing. I was eating LOTS of high quality raw foods, after having been on a dairy, and bean free specific carbohydrate diet.

I reduced the niacin, and ended up getting hospitalized again.

After being let out of the hospital, I continued on raw paleo and wasn't well untill I reintroduced the high doses of niacin.

Offline Grithnir

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 12:24:44 am »
Well, I just checked the Amazon website for Niacin in 1,000mg doses and they all say they will cause your face to flush.  Or you have to build your endurance to that.  I have been taking 500mg tablets. I found one reasonably priced but still pricey, "Twin-Lab" Niacin.  I do have a lot of stomach issues, that I want to know more about the raw meat, and how it works.  This is going to be costly, but yes Glycine is an amino-acid, that is found in jello and bone marrow, and it targets specifically the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, in fact when I am on it totally, I barely feel any pain, in my emotions.  I have trouble, affording this, all. Not that I am asking anyone for it, but I will seriously have to think about how I am going to spend my money on that plan. I think I will just do 2,000 and my roommate do 2,000 twice daily, plus whatever is inside the B-Complex.  Again, where does K2 fit in, from the previous thread second from top?

Offline Grithnir

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 12:26:35 am »
Sorry 1,000mg twice daily.

Offline Grithnir

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 12:33:01 am »
Sorry, I don't know this, but is it D 3? That I want? I am not too clear on that.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 12:33:25 am »
Do you take the no flush niacin? I've heard that can upset the stomach.

Some times I get the flush, but I don't mind. I usually don't get nauseous, and when I do I drink more water and feel fine.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:37:13 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Grithnir

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 12:46:44 am »
Yes, I understand it now, because I read customer reviews.  But yes, I had been purchasing it from a pharmacy and made sure it said flush free, because of other people mentioning that. 

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 12:49:13 am »
Yes, I understand it now, because I read customer reviews.  But yes, I had been purchasing it from a pharmacy and made sure it said flush free, because of other people mentioning that.

I think flush free is much more expensive, and known to cause stomache upset.

The flush isn't that bad, and after a few weeks it typically goes away.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 12:53:06 am »
Just thought I would say hi, I was recommended here.  I am a schizophrenic, on a lot of supplements, and never thought about this type of diet that was suggested from a friend on this site.  I take Niacin and Glycine in great quantities, and it helps me from rotating in cycles of confusion but I still do take the psychiatric medications, even though limiting them very much at times. I might drop one for the other, now that I feel less symptomatic, but I am interested in knowing more about probiotics, and certainly can't read a whole terrible amount tonight, but I am curious for any advice, especially about coffee replacements.  I have seen some teas, but also some warnings, and don't know what to trust, except perhaps green tea.  I live in the US, Pacific Northwest.

Welcome to the slaughterhouse!

Raw WILD seafood is a powerful brainbooster with really strong healing power..

Good luck!

Löwenherz

Offline Grithnir

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 01:05:43 am »
Thank you.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 02:09:36 am »
Vitamin C with the niacin can prevent or reduce the flush.

I don't know about vitamin K. I think the k had to do with the vitamin D that Barefoot recommended. I was saying that if you do vit D then it is advisable that you also do magnesium. I'm not familiar with these therapies for Schizophrenia - but surely they can support the body in general.

I really don't know nearly as much about this as DaBoss and Raw do. I think you are in good hands with them! If you can get on any kind of government assistance like food stamps it could help so that you can put the dollars you have towards your supplements. Instead of buying vitamin D, in the summer you can go out into the sun - which will be good for you in other ways too.

Niacin will open up the capillaries in your brain allowing for the blood to carry away what it needs to and bring in the nutrition your brain needs. To date, I have heard of no other therapy as powerful as niacin for schizophrenia.

Offline Grithnir

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 03:37:49 am »
Thank you Dorothy.  I have a quick question.  So I just bought the non flush free, but I went with a much lower dosage because I have been noticing I am itching all over, and a friend said that's what Niacin can do, even damaging your kidneys.  I was only pushing 1,000 and I felt itchy.  And it's odd, because my sister just informed me that she has a strange pregnancy condition involving itching, that will cause her to go insane by the time she gives birth.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 04:02:36 am »
Thank you Dorothy.  I have a quick question.  So I just bought the non flush free, but I went with a much lower dosage because I have been noticing I am itching all over, and a friend said that's what Niacin can do, even damaging your kidneys.  I was only pushing 1,000 and I felt itchy.  And it's odd, because my sister just informed me that she has a strange pregnancy condition involving itching, that will cause her to go insane by the time she gives birth.

If I'm not mistaken any type of niacin can give liver problems in high enough doses. But the major problem is with timed release, or sustained release niacin.

TR niacin is much more likely to cause a live problem. Regular niacin doesn't typically do that, but its still possible, just much less likely.

As far as the flush goes, that's why you're so itchy. That's normal with regular niacin, and eventually you get used to it. It also eventually goes away.

I actually really like the flush. I don't mind it at all. Try to just get through it, it only lasts 15-30 minutes. And you'll save a lot of money by not buying the non-flush version. Also it might help your upset stomache.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 04:09:35 am »
I'm not sure the non-flush even works. If I understand it right - the flush is actually what will heal you. The flush is from all those super tiny capillaries near your skin being opened. It's also what makes you itchy - but those little capillaries being opened is what gets the blood flow to your brain in places that it hasn't been before.

Vitamin C I understand can really help with the flush and itching. Google vitamin c and niacin. I don't know the dosages.

To me, I would think that the most important thing is to get the flush that you are able to tolerate well and keep on building as your body gets more and more tolerant. The flush itself, that causes that itching, is what is getting your brain blood, nutrients, immune agents - and allowing the bad stuff to be taken away. 

Offline Grithnir

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 06:43:43 am »
DeBoss, I have actually just purchased everything you listed to me in my private messages.  It will be shipped, and I chose 500mg Niacin as I figured it may take some smaller increments to get that high up there.  Also I did include the Glycine, as I told you a year ago I took it religiously but lost track of it somehow, and anyways, it does help me a great deal.  I am thinking, since you told me your other medication I will tell you I just added Seroquel, and I think I am going to slowly discontinue use of Risperdal, because it too has possible side effects associated with the liver.  So, what about kidneys?  That was the other one common problem a friend told me.

Dorothy, I think I am better, it was yesterday I was really itchy, but today I just took, 500mg Niacin and don't have any problems, though the first thirty minutes maybe some strange feelings.  There is a lot of things that seem could go wrong, or already are. I do not know.  Anyways, thank you for the invitation, and I hope we can remain friends.  I need encouragement many times, so thank you for allowing me to be apart of this group. 

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 09:01:35 am »
Hey Grit. No problem.

The thing is not to worry too much about the itching. It's just a natural part of those capillaries being open which is a good thing and it goes away. If you know it's a side-effect of something that is actually part of the healing it might be easier for you to get through if it happens again.

I'm just a member here like you - and I wish you well. I'm here for encouragement any time you need it. What you are doing is commendable. I love seeing people take charge of their own health - on all levels.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 09:07:39 am »
DeBoss, I have actually just purchased everything you listed to me in my private messages.  It will be shipped, and I chose 500mg Niacin as I figured it may take some smaller increments to get that high up there.  Also I did include the Glycine, as I told you a year ago I took it religiously but lost track of it somehow, and anyways, it does help me a great deal.  I am thinking, since you told me your other medication I will tell you I just added Seroquel, and I think I am going to slowly discontinue use of Risperdal, because it too has possible side effects associated with the liver.  So, what about kidneys?  That was the other one common problem a friend told me.

Dorothy, I think I am better, it was yesterday I was really itchy, but today I just took, 500mg Niacin and don't have any problems, though the first thirty minutes maybe some strange feelings.  There is a lot of things that seem could go wrong, or already are. I do not know.  Anyways, thank you for the invitation, and I hope we can remain friends.  I need encouragement many times, so thank you for allowing me to be apart of this group.

I've never heard of any problems with niacin and the kidneys.

Drink lots of water, I noticed my stomache hurts some times when I don't drink enough water.

If you're concerned about your live enzymes, you can have your doctor order those tests each visit.

Most people's liver enzymes can be increased, but that's not a reason to discontinue niacin. I read in Dr. Abram Hoffer's book that elevated liver enzymes are normal.

Again, problems are extremely rare. Especially when done properly (taking b complex and vitamin c).

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 09:20:39 am »
How long does it take one to "normalize" in these cases?  Normalize for me is to eventually just live a supplement free life and just stick to food?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk