Author Topic: Adult onset Asthma :(  (Read 4069 times)

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Adult onset Asthma :(
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:06:46 am »
I have been developing asthma over the last few years, since I stopped running lots as a teenager. It has been getting worse these last two years and it is really noticeable now that I am running again.

Today I just did 20 minutes barefoot running and it sounds like my lower throat/chest is rasping. My sinuses also get very runny when I run...

Now, I am sure I will hear a lot of you mention dairy... yes I do drink a lot of dairy, when I was running lots as a teen I would drink 1-2 litres of homogenized pasteurized milk a day which might have been a grave mistake! Now I am only having milk sparingly, and when I do it is fermented into kefir.

Any other ideas? What to eat more of, what to eat less of? Any good therapies for sinus/asthma? I could get my estrogen checked? I don't smoke anything ever.

Thanks

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Adult onset Asthma :(
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:53:26 am »
Could you be having some form of hay-fever? Also get rid of all the dairy for 2 to 3 months to see what happens.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 01:58:09 am »
Any good therapies for sinus/asthma?

Instinctotherapy. A friend of mine had ever been asthmatic when she ate cooked standard diet. It's cured at 95% ever since she eats instincto. She started about the same time as me, a quarter century ago.   
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 02:21:28 am »
I have been relying on the basic fact that pre-agricultural people did not have modern diseases. With that in mind, I stick to raw paleo and have no need to search for other therapies for the symptoms I used to have. I believe that ancient man was, by default, an instinctive eater - nobody had ideas of what a person should eat.

When I first joined this forum, I was obsessed with wanting to ask what to do. Eventually, I realized that the missing evidence was my own proof of RPD. I stopped asking and paid attention to what I was doing and how well it worked. I am going to hazard a guess that you already know the answer, or else why would you mention dairy? Experiment and see what happens.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:16:07 am by TylerDurden »
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 04:50:02 am »
I have been relying on the basic fact that pre-agricultural people did not have modern diseases. With that in mind, I stick to raw paleo and have no need to search for other therapies for the symptoms I used to have. I believe that ancient man was, by default, an instinctive eater - nobody had ideas of what a person should eat.

When I first joined this forum, I was obsessed with wanting to ask what to do. Eventually, I realized that the missing evidence was my own proof of RPD. I stopped asking and paid attention to what I was doing and how well it worked. I am going to hazard a guess that you already know the answer, or else why would you mention dairy? Experiment and see what happens.

Yes, regarding 'instinct', it is a revelation the day one starts to completely trust the inherent bodily intelligence.
It seems a step into dangerous insecurity, yet paradoxically, is liberating.
Yet, for what its worth, in my opinion, this 'surrender' is not an exercise in intellectuality, but rather one bumps one's head on a wall so many times, or one has a life threatening health concern, or something someone says triggers 'wheels in motion', or some other external happening, is a prompt to 'unlearning' things or things we have always deemed 'true'. And one is left standing naked in 'instinct'.
Not unlike this caterpillar emerging into the world:

As to asthma, dairy and oats, wheat and other grains caused me tremendous asthma problems earlier in my life. Banishing them from my life was hard, but was - and is - doable (if you find they are, or individually,  contribute to the asthmatic condition)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk