Author Topic: Taking a leap of faith, Curing Eczema is my only goal(attention: GoodSamaritan)  (Read 104367 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Badboy. Your situation is horrible. Now I do not wonder at all the raw paleo does not work for you. It is not the food.

If you cant move out of the city right now, do what else you can do.
I would suggest;

Eat the frozen seafood. You need iodine and DHA.. and all the other minerals too. Eat the cooked mussels. I do to at time, no problems. Sure raw oysters are way better but cooked mussels are still very good for you. Even canned sardines in olive oil or canned mackerel would be better as nothing. Just ditch the oil. But frozen seafood sure is better as canned i would say. That you can eat raw too. I have had thawed raw fish many many times and it is ok. Fresh is better but we have to do what we can. Farmed salmon is better as meat is for you now, I am sure. You need fatty fish.

Can you get reverse osmosis water cheaper? Tap water with fluoride and chlorine is too bad. You need to find something better.

I somehow get the feeling you will have to choose poor health and your life style (university) or then change everything... leave the city and get healthy. You do not even imagine how bad the EMF situation has gotten in the cities... and if your redox is not strong (your health is weaker) you might really get to suffer no mater what you eat.
You need to get some real light in your eyes in the morning. Can you open the window and stare into the sky as the sun rises? One minute? You need to come out in fresh air. It is horrible to stay inside 24/7. You need to go out in a park nearby or if there is a forest, better.

Do you sleep alone in your room so you at least can shut off all electronics in the night? You really need to do that.
Badboy.. I worry about you. Your situation is real bad. Shitty water. OMG. Good water is so important. Especially with nnEMF as they are drying your cells out. You cannot rehydrate with dead, poisonous water! Bad environment. Really bad., Canada is one of the worst countries with the nnEMF craze.

You need the cold more than anything. It will protect somehow from the damage of the nnEMF. Keep windows open in your room, keep it as chilly as you can tolerate. Take cold showers... at least in the end after the warm one. You will adapt slowly.
Shut off artificial lights in your room at night. Use candles or red lamps. Use blue blockesr to filter out blue light if you are on the computer. Use f.lux. on the ´screen on darkest setting, always.  Go early to bed.
There is a lot you can do as you see, but IDK how much it will help in that bad an environment. I am sure it will help some. I still would move.

Summary;
Keep it cold. You need cold.
You need it dark too. And to go early to bed. This is a very important point.
Eat ketogenic, lots of fat, lots of seafood, even cooked if no other available. If you can tolerate ketogenic diet it is best but you need to drink a lot of water too... and good water. Some people cant do ketogenic if their mitocondria are shot, that is. So if it does not work at all add some carbs. Until you are better. But in a high nnEMF environment ketogenic diet is the best choice.
Go outside whenever you can, and look up in the sky,m with no glasses on. 1 minute each morning too.

Your body is totally in chaos it cannot read the signals from the environment anymore.. that is when we get sick. So you need to help it. The things above will help...
If it does not help enough then you need to find a better place to live. There always is a way. Sometimes bad things can lead us into something real good - do not be scared. I have experienced this many times :) :) :)

Do not look at you class mates... who are looking healthy..... we are all so different. Some people will break down in situations where others not. We need to know ourselves and our needs. I know, I could never live in a city. I have arranged my life so I am close to nature, away from much nnEMF... because to me it is huge for health. Maybe you will have to think all new, and chose a different path. It is not easy but possible. What do we have if our health is crashed?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Update - Was going to do 2nd day of Egg Yolk Liver flush and test it out, then realize I ran out of lemons.
I can't get good quality sleep at all..waking up in the middle of the night because of scratching..eczema is literally spreading everywhere for me and the wounds keep trying to heal, while it's too dry and itchy that I end up scratching them all off .

I've already got a humidifier and I'm doing a raw diet now. The inflammation isn't stopping, and my skin is getting drier and drier
Maybe it's the die off effect, or whatever that systemic circulation of toxins from the die off pathogens
Or maybe i've lost my recovering ability? I don't god damn know
I'm on the edge and the rubber band is so tight it's gonna snap soon.

-------------------

Upping my fat content and making my meat order again tomorrow, Getting 25 Lbs for the Winter..What should I get? I'll try to get as much fatty meat as possible but I remember hearing from you guys that suet is a bad idea..

--------------------------------------

Diet for the day: 1lb of fatty ground beef
Beef liver (as much as I want up to 1 lb)
2 Marrow Bones
Sweet Potatos
X cutting out citrus fruit for now..
Iodine 900-1000mcg from NOW
Blue Ice + High Vitamin Butter Oil
Vitamin D3 (5000 IU)
Had some green tea yesterday and might have some today to keep myself sane..or just ginger tea.
My brain isn't functioning right..I'm feeling the mental stress build up from academics + this is going to snap me very soon in half ..Something has got to be wrong in my diet or something..The inflammation just isn't stopping..

The Liver flush didn't give me much coming out..but I also only did one without an enema after so I can't be sure about that

------------------

Going to downtown and buy some supplements today for Colon + Liver aid..that's my target now..
Suggestions ?
I'm thinking something like castor oil+ NAC supplement(for liver detox) + Vitamin D3 + Compare probiotic prices

--------------------

Restricting diet time frame to 12-8pm to encourage fasting (autophagy) so I'm only eating in between 12-8, probably 2 big meals. Other times only water/ Green Tea...

How did I do this last time..?
1st time Full cooked paleo diet over 6 months..
2nd time raw + Cooked paleo mix over 2-3 months, Vitamin D3 + LBB capsule formula + Some psyillium husk..
3rd time - This was just some fluctuation in symptoms due to a job in the kitchen, so I ditched the job, cut down on alcohol a whole lot then got well..
4th time (this time) - Going raw paleo diet (raw marrow bone + ground beef + roast cut + Liver) except cooked sweet potato right now..Fruits are ranging from pears, clementine to bananas and lemons. cutting fruits out for now?
Supplementing with Vitamin D3 + Blue Ice Fish oil + butter oil + Kelp and Dulse for Iodine

Where do i go from here?
"1lb of fatty ground beef
Beef liver  (as much as I want up to 1 lb) [guessing 1/2 lb]
2 Marrow Bones
Sweet Potatoes [guessing 2]
X cutting out citrus fruit for now..
Iodine 900-1000mcg from NOW
Blue Ice + High Vitamin Butter Oil [using 1 tsp of CLO as a rough approximation]"

Without including Vitamin D3, that comes out to roughly the following, per Fitday:
Fat  (56%)      
Carbs  (8%) [very low percentage-wise, and extremely low in grams/calories]
Protein  (36%) [quite high, percentage-wise]
Total calories: 1,725 [still very low for an adult male]

Biodiversity: extremely limited if it continues like this

What were you doing when you did the best ever in the past? Have you considered going back to that as a decent baseline starting point to return to, given that what you're doing now doesn't seem to be working?

You have nearly every symptom in the book associated with negative effects from low-calorie VLC. The problem is, if your ability to metabolize carbs and prebiotics (via mitochondria and GI microbiota) got badly screwed up, it can be a long road back.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:19:04 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Yes to cold.
I recently met up with a new healer and he was discussing cold as good for eczema.

City Tap water is never for drinking! *** Must fix now.

Get yourself one of those high tech gravity filters that remove chemicals and dirt to make the water potable (we have that at home).
We also order from the water store at times.
And i also buy mineral water.

You do sound really sick, you probably need to have a break, go on a healing retreat / vacation.  I did. My bro did.  Many people at that stage did.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:35:25 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Tap Water: It's the city's responsibility to deliver a low-bacteria water; it is your responsibility to make that water safe to drink. One reason you don't want to drink tap water is because the chlorine in it will kill the good bacteria in your gut. Another reason that tap water is not for drinking is because the chlorine and fluoride mess up some of your body's basic cell functions.

Cold Therapy: If you don't want to go for a polar swim, you can still get some benefit with cold water in a tub or shower. Even a cold shower spray from the waist down is good beginner style. There are also instructions online for cold therapy with a bowl of ice cube and water.

City Living: I live in a large city, and have done so for most of my life. I'm sure my health has suffered from the ambient stressors, but one thing I have to tell you is that IF you are going to stay in a city, you must learn how to meditate. How much? Keep practicing until you can go through school and exams without thinking that they are stressful. (They aren't!) As the saying goes, "The best way to learn how to meditate is to practice at an inner-city bus-stop at rush hour."
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
Meditation is great too as Eveheart says

and yeah... does not need to be polar swim..lol Just any cold is good... just to keep it a bit cooler in your home, less clothes...
I try to always be at the edge of my comfort zone. Works really well for me. Never over dress.. but rather a bit under dress.
And then I dip in ice water or cold water every day. But just shortly.
I sleep in the horse barn in the garden... because there comes no wifi signals. I have made it into a nice bedroom, cleaned it, a carpet, a bed.... It is not heated and tonight was freezing temps. But I have thick covers. I love to sleep in cold.. it is just amazing My boyfriend does not understand. He thinks I am crazy to sleep in a horse barn..hehe.. I do not care. So I always sleep there when I am alone. It is pretty magic to me.
I guess the sicker you are the more you need the cold........... quite the opposite as most people think.

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Been sleeping all day..my body is like telling me that I need repairing but because of this I'm very behind on my assignment and my exam. Well..good luck to me god knows how bad this is going to affect me.

Constipation all day couldn't get any BM even though I really feel like going.

Woke up, read all your replies and still couldn't get my head straight..I'm reading so much conflicting stuff..
Low carb? not low carb? high carb..? Avoid sugar or not avoid sugar? WTF..
Does it matter? Or does it not? Ketogenic to kill candida or multiple carb sources to encourage gut flora..?
I'm so confused....

Re: What has worked for me before.
1st Time through was cooked paleo and basically just doing that and a lot of Sun Tanning (I used to live on the country side of the city, not really a country side thou) , taking omega-3 + vitamin D3 ..Didn't really do much with colon cleansing or etc...I was pretty much winging the cooked paleo style, pretty much just cutting out gluten, and that's it..Got well in 6 months..

2nd Time, Rebound after 1 year of living in University student housing with provided food. Didn't adhere to any protocol and by the end of the 8 month period eczema start coming back and full blown out when I got back home..Took care of it by going strictly cooked paleo again, but it stayed with me with 50-70% gone throughout 2012-2013 School Year..Full blown again when I got back to HK in 2013 Summer and started another trend of party lifestyle. Said fuck it and went full RPD under budget. Ate a lot of mussels + raw lamb + other meat and stuff.
Supplementation of the time - Vitamin D3 + Christopher's LBB formula + Psyillium husk (barely used it) and zeolite (barely used it)

3rd time - 3rd year of University Life I had some fluctuation period but so far not much issue, remaining at fluctuations of 70-80% recovered with dry skin. Ate minimal gluten but still pretty much had a really bad health lifestyle. Went completely SAD eating during Christmas time of 2013 - Lost about 10-15 lbs at least. Ate a lot of SAD food such as Poutine ..Body didn't react as much though and remained relatively stable throughout the year..Fluctuating
2014 Summer I worked at a really stressful job at a Korean BBQ restaurant which gave me early signs of break out and I started contemplating quitting the job. I couldn't take the stress at one point and quit after working for less than a week. Then I went back to cooked paleo to resolve my eczema. Supplementation included nothing much other than Vitamin D3 (due to lack of sunlight) ..
Ironically I ate out a lot and didn't have the best food I can have (Preservative + MSG filled asian restaurants most of the time, and drinking + smoking)

Weirdly I was in the best shape this summer, coming in with almost the clearest I've had in a long time for my skin. I took a blurry photo and I had basically no eczema other than dry skin..which I was trying really hard to get resolved, but multiple goals got me distracted..

Then..Life threw me a lot of curveballs..So many I don't know where to start..And one thing led to another, I had some minor breakouts starting from Mid-november, Late november had even more to about 50% outbreak and now, almost 80-90% outbreak..

And now, that's why I'm here again..

Re Water
There's virtually nothing I can do now until I save up for a water system..Or add in buying water as budget..Is there more beneficial part of money I should be investing in, instead of water..? I'm also moving in half a year so I don't know if buying a water system would be worth anything..

Re Seafood
I'll try to add that in.

Re Supplementation
I'll reduce supplementation to zero first and see how I react once I start introducing them in again..

Re Coldness in room
This might contribute to my intense itching I guess..It was sort of aggravated by itching and how hot my body was burning...then that made me itch even more..i guess I'll turn down the heater and bring in more fresh air..that's going to be freezing cold in the morning though..oh wells lets do this..

Re Meditation
Yes, I do agree. I should have stayed with meditative practice since I've learnt it when I was 15-16. Would've helped me so much more in life by now. I do have to thank meditation for getting me out of depression several times..

----------------

Probably going to order probiotics with my prebiotics that I've ordered already..Let's gamble..let's try this gut flora strategy..
I'm stuck against the wall anyways. Why the hell not.

Meanwhile I'll try my best to adhere to a raw paleo diet with optional cooked sweet potato/ cooked mussels

--------------

Today's food
1lb of cooked ground beef + 2 onions + 2 clove of garlic fried in medium heat..( I was feeling so stressed I couldn't even bring myself to eat..this is a coping mechanism I guess..)
1 Sweet Potato + 1 Pear
Magnesium drink 1 cup
No supplements
2 Cup of apple juice (Weird sign of carb craving? maybe..)

A lot of bloating + constipation today..No BM even though I tried..Brain Fog + Lack of concentration due to scratching
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:27:01 pm by badboy9311 »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
I believe WATER is your most critical problem.
You must move heaven and earth to drink for yourself CLEAN POTABLE WATER.
City Tap Water is NOT Potable.
Listen to Eve's discussion, listen to Inger about water.
The Water Company's job is to deliver low bacteria water.
It is the end user's job to prepare the water to be drinkable.

We never ever drink from the tap in our home, nor in our office.  Everyone here knows that.  I have to provide potable store bought water for my own employees in my office.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Ketogenic AND multiple RESISTANT carb sources to encourage gut flora

Have zero cooked carbs.

On waking drink 3 glasses of refreshing cold brewed green & chamomile tea, including drinking the leaves (simply add a couple of teaspoons of tea leaves to a jug of water & leave in the fridge).

Do energy exercises, such as QiGong, yoga or meditation to gather and focus your Qi - your personal energy field with intention.

For breakfast have several raw vegetables to create optimum bowel conditions for beneficial microbe communities, covering a rage of plant species throughout the week: weeds, carrots with leaves, bok choi, cabbage, beet root with leaves, spinach, swede with leaves, sweet potato, onion, turmeric, celery with leaves, potato starch powder, psyllium husk, seaweed, red cabbage, garlic, parsnip, herbs, cauliflower with leaves and stalk, edible flowers, beans, peas etc

For lunch eat raw animal food as desired. (I like making jars of inch square meat salad with chopped fish, offal, fatty mince, eggs, seaweed, and salt)

Get some natural movement exercise, fresh air & sunshine.

You probably don't need more food than that.
If more food was desired then you are best to keep to raw paleo or at least clean cooked paleo without dairy (butter OK).
You could also try a little fruit, especially berries and lower sugar varieties, and in hotter weather.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 05:49:22 pm by Alive »

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Conflicting indeed. It's why you have to find what works for you - which is hard to impossible to do if the situation is rather bad.

Low or medium carb, drop fruits or limit their consumption (because generally too much fiber, too much sugar - they mess up the gut and thus nutrient absorption).
Definitely avoid processed sugars and excess sugars in general. Though I think honey could be good for you, considering your state and the fact it is easy for the body to use, and has many positive effects.

You can still have a ketogenic diet while consuming some amounts of carbs, but as others have said there are other factors that play a significant part.
There are different types of carbs, some spike blood sugar - the bad ones, others don't, try to find those that don't. And then those that your body doesn't use but your gut flora does - get these as well.
I know buckwheat is one source that doesn't spike blood sugar.

Mental and emotional stress play a significant role as well, as they effect the body a lot. Considering you are in school with exams, it must be rather stressful, especially with the accompanying health problems. It -  school - could, probably is, one of the the primary reasons why you have problems this bad.
Doing jobs that you hate - stressful jobs, school included - is a sign that you don't really know who you are or what to do with your life. Lack of resolution of self creates stress. You need to know who you are and the world you live in.
One thing I can say for certain: you don't need school. You really don't, no one does. Schools aren't meant for making a person become "more" or educating a person, they are meant to keep people in small stress-ridden boxes. But it's the values people are raised with and they come to know and live in, even if they are lies - because that's all they know, until they discover otherwise.
I was in university once, I thought it was important and necessary. Then I found out it was all a lie and a waste of life and health, so I left. Was a significant release of stress, an oppressing burden just gone.

And as suggested, get a vacation somewhere clean with good food, at least for a few months. Considering your state, I'd say you really don't have much choice... other than try to force through in your present location.
What I would also suggest is to just leave school, leave and never return, for it doesn't do you any good, nor ever will. It's a waste of life and health. Might sound "harsh", but it's a simple truth I know too well on my own and when looking at all these "achieved and educated" people who can't even see what's right in front of them, who don't know themselves nor the world they are in, yet are regarded as "superior".
What I would suggest would be, at least eventually, to somehow get out of the city, to a clean countryside or such place. Current cities are of death, and getting worse.
These are the hardest things to comprehend and do... because what's needed to make these happen are on the mental level and the emotional level, and requires going against what you were raised to know and live with and live in your entire previous life.

And as said many times - water. Need at least clean for water. In case of water there's more than just what's in it and what's not in it, there's also its molecular structure - which can be affected with human emotions, essentially meaning you can restructure the water on your own, thus making it better for yourself. Positive emotions and intentions and thoughts. EM pollution disrupts the structure, as does excessive heat, and ugly noise, etc. Sunlight is good for the structure.

Don't know what magnesium you are using, but just in case... go for magnesium chloride - MgCl2 - and it's water solution. Or epsom salt. Magnesium is very important, especially for a healing body.

Anyway. Diet is one important thing, another is mental, and then emotional. If one of these isn't okay then neither will be the others. Get to know and address all of these, as generally people only deal with diet (physical body), even less deal with mental (meditation and figuring out ones life and the world), and even less with emotional (which in truth I'd say is the strongest of them all; get to know yourself emotionally), not to mention their interconnectedness.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Been sleeping all day..my body is like telling me that I need repairing but because of this I'm very behind on my assignment and my exam. Well..good luck to me god knows how bad this is going to affect me.

Constipation all day couldn't get any BM even though I really feel like going.

Woke up, read all your replies and still couldn't get my head straight..I'm reading so much conflicting stuff..
Low carb? not low carb? high carb..? Avoid sugar or not avoid sugar? WTF..
Does it matter? Or does it not? Ketogenic to kill candida or multiple carb sources to encourage gut flora..?
I'm so confused....

Re: What has worked for me before.
1st Time through was cooked paleo and basically just doing that and a lot of Sun Tanning (I used to live on the country side of the city, not really a country side thou) , taking omega-3 + vitamin D3 ..Didn't really do much with colon cleansing or etc...I was pretty much winging the cooked paleo style, pretty much just cutting out gluten, and that's it..Got well in 6 months..

2nd Time, Rebound after 1 year of living in University student housing with provided food. Didn't adhere to any protocol and by the end of the 8 month period eczema start coming back and full blown out when I got back home..Took care of it by going strictly cooked paleo again, but it stayed with me with 50-70% gone throughout 2012-2013 School Year..Full blown again when I got back to HK in 2013 Summer and started another trend of party lifestyle. Said fuck it and went full RPD under budget. Ate a lot of mussels + raw lamb + other meat and stuff.
Supplementation of the time - Vitamin D3 + Christopher's LBB formula + Psyillium husk (barely used it) and zeolite (barely used it)

3rd time - 3rd year of University Life I had some fluctuation period but so far not much issue, remaining at fluctuations of 70-80% recovered with dry skin. Ate minimal gluten but still pretty much had a really bad health lifestyle. Went completely SAD eating during Christmas time of 2013 - Lost about 10-15 lbs at least. Ate a lot of SAD food such as Poutine ..Body didn't react as much though and remained relatively stable throughout the year..Fluctuating
2014 Summer I worked at a really stressful job at a Korean BBQ restaurant which gave me early signs of break out and I started contemplating quitting the job. I couldn't take the stress at one point and quit after working for less than a week. Then I went back to cooked paleo to resolve my eczema. Supplementation included nothing much other than Vitamin D3 (due to lack of sunlight) ..
Ironically I ate out a lot and didn't have the best food I can have (Preservative + MSG filled asian restaurants most of the time, and drinking + smoking)

Weirdly I was in the best shape this summer, coming in with almost the clearest I've had in a long time for my skin. I took a blurry photo and I had basically no eczema other than dry skin..which I was trying really hard to get resolved, but multiple goals got me distracted..

Then..Life threw me a lot of curveballs..So many I don't know where to start..And one thing led to another, I had some minor breakouts starting from Mid-november, Late november had even more to about 50% outbreak and now, almost 80-90% outbreak..

And now, that's why I'm here again..

Re Water
There's virtually nothing I can do now until I save up for a water system..Or add in buying water as budget..Is there more beneficial part of money I should be investing in, instead of water..? I'm also moving in half a year so I don't know if buying a water system would be worth anything..

Re Seafood
I'll try to add that in.

Re Supplementation
I'll reduce supplementation to zero first and see how I react once I start introducing them in again..

Re Coldness in room
This might contribute to my intense itching I guess..It was sort of aggravated by itching and how hot my body was burning...then that made me itch even more..i guess I'll turn down the heater and bring in more fresh air..that's going to be freezing cold in the morning though..oh wells lets do this..

Re Meditation
Yes, I do agree. I should have stayed with meditative practice since I've learnt it when I was 15-16. Would've helped me so much more in life by now. I do have to thank meditation for getting me out of depression several times..

----------------

Probably going to order probiotics with my prebiotics that I've ordered already..Let's gamble..let's try this gut flora strategy..
I'm stuck against the wall anyways. Why the hell not.

Meanwhile I'll try my best to adhere to a raw paleo diet with optional cooked sweet potato/ cooked mussels

--------------

Today's food
1lb of cooked ground beef + 2 onions + 2 clove of garlic fried in medium heat..( I was feeling so stressed I couldn't even bring myself to eat..this is a coping mechanism I guess..)
1 Sweet Potato + 1 Pear
Magnesium drink 1 cup
No supplements
2 Cup of apple juice (Weird sign of carb craving? maybe..)

A lot of bloating + constipation today..No BM even though I tried..Brain Fog + Lack of concentration due to scratching
It sounds like the past successful protocols involved sunlight, lower stress, more diverse foods and not trying to be chronically ketogenic/VLC, and probably eating more calories, yes?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
What I would also suggest is to just leave school, leave and never return, for it doesn't do you any good, nor ever will. It's a waste of life and health. Might sound "harsh", but it's a simple truth I know too well on my own and when looking at all these "achieved and educated" people who can't even see what's right in front of them, who don't know themselves nor the world they are in, yet are regarded as "superior".
What I would suggest would be, at least eventually, to somehow get out of the city, to a clean countryside or such place. Current cities are of death, and getting worse.
These are the hardest things to comprehend and do... because what's needed to make these happen are on the mental level and the emotional level, and requires going against what you were raised to know and live with and live in your entire previous life.

This may not be such a bad idea, but before you stop school, ask yourself, "Is my education a step or a goal?"

If "getting a diploma" is the goal of your education, drop out now! Getting a degree just for the sake of a degree is pointless.

But, if your education is a step in the direction of a good goal, then put a smile on your face and finish up. Make it look easy! For example, my goal was to have a certain occupation, and my government says I need a certain certificate to do that work, so I got two degrees and a handful of certificates that say that I can do exactly what I want to do for a living.

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Quitting school is not on the list, let's just put it that way.

@paleophill - probably...I dont even know anymore..so what do i take for carb sources now?
what about this crazy die-off/ systemic circulation/inflammation that i'm dealing with?

@other replies..i read them.. but i'm still hella confused about carb...what are good carbs .. what are bad then..?
cooked carbs are bad then cooked sweet potato are bad? how much..?

--------------

i'm really tired of this life..

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Quitting school is not on the list, let's just put it that way.

Then stop acting like school is so stressful. Whatever your reason for being there, if it's what you do, then do it with aplomb.

i'm really tired of this life..

Why not go see the new movie about Stephen Hawking, called The Theory of Everything. If someone with his situation can carry on with life, you can certainly manage with the cards that you have been dealt in life. Develop resilient thinking. "Resilience is the ability to overcome challenges and adversities and turn them into opportunities. Resilience is seeing stepping stones instead of obstacles. It is seeing options and possibilities instead of dead ends. Resilience is learning from mistakes and failures and not staying within the failure or developing a negative mindset."

It's not "this life" that's getting you down... it's you. All the other answers you are looking for - such as, which carbs? - will become clear when you stop your negative thinking.

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
You're right..this is just unskillful emotion processing..

It sounds like the past successful protocols involved sunlight, lower stress, more diverse foods and not trying to be chronically ketogenic/VLC, and probably eating more calories, yes?

I suppose that's correct..Not quite getting the hang of it though..You mind explaining more about the carbs, calories and inflammation (or autoimmune) link?

I'm upping my green leafy carbs to 3-4 kinds now including sweet potato, then taking in more seafood..got some dry seaweed as well. I forgot to buy spring water but I'll do that tomorrow.

Prebiotics coming in soon..Also bought NAC + Castor oil to help with detox..
I'll see how it works out.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
You're right..this is just unskillful emotion processing..

Not "just" unskillful emotion processing, you are creating more digestive problems by being stressed out than you could probably create by eating the wrong carbs.

If I google "digestion" and "stress" I get 36 million responses like this one: http://chriskresser.com/how-stress-wreaks-havoc-on-your-gut
...The gut is especially vulnerable to the presence of chronic (and even acute) stress, demonstrating stress-induced changes in gastric secretion, gut motility, mucosal permeability and barrier function, visceral sensitivity and mucosal blood flow. There has also been evidence to suggest that gut microbiota may respond directly to stress-related host signals.

In other words, your digestion shuts down in response to the stress that you are creating, and the foods you eat remain undigested or partially digested. The parts of your food that are not digested become automatic toxins. You are poisoning yourself!

The problem with a self-induced stress habit is that we perceive it as a positive stimulus, it makes us feel more alive if we can create a constant adrenalin rush. Managing your mental status with tools like meditation and relaxation turns off the draining adrenalin rush and replaces it with real happiness from endorphins and other up-mood hormones.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
badboy still needs to admit to doing something about his drinking water.
all your probiotics go to waste by drinking chlorine

at the same time bath water should be made chlorine free by filling a pail with tap water and letting it sit for half a day

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I got to say, yes, chlorinated water for bathing isn't great, but it's not the end of the world here.  To have to fill up enough pails of water and to air off the chlorine and then take a shower or bath with luke warm water would seem to making life more difficult for him, if not moving towards being a little neurotic.     Maybe if you'll all think that the chlorinated water isn't good for his skin condition, he could rinse with a quart of aired out water.      In other words, let's keep our suggestions simple.   

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Some seafood does seem to be quite helpful for me.

Re: carb sources / good carbs: whatever works for you. I think a variety of info sources, like evidence from anthropology, archaeology, history, biology, chemistry, studies, food traditions, other people's experiences, etc., can provide helpful clues, but in the end it comes down to your own experience and judgement. No one else can know what works best for you.

Context is important. If the only way you can get your calories up to normal levels is via cooked carbs, then maybe that's better than continuing to stress yourself with a low-calorie diet? Plus, many of us don't have easy and cheap access to certain ancient carby foods like tiger nuts, Sarana bulbs and elderberries, so we make do with what we have access to.

I think it helps to have some objective measures to test how you're doing and to also see a healthcare practitioner periodically, as sometimes we can fool ourselves. There seems to be a disturbing tendency for extreme dieters to rely solely on how they "feel" (which has its place, but shouldn't be the end-all) or the dogma of gurus. If you read gurus' blogs and opinionated forums like this one, make sure to also peruse others that disagree. You're not likely to get the full story at any single blog or forum. It's human nature to emphasize that which supports our own views and downplay that which doesn't. I find it helps to force myself to check out stuff I don't want to hear.

Re: crazy die-off/ systemic circulation/inflammation: This sounds like self-diagnoses. Objective tests and a practitioner's input might help flesh this out. Whatever is going on, it sounds like what you were doing recently did not help much and may have only made things worse.

Like others, I find that getting into the outdoors, even in winter, and maybe especially then, to be helpful, and to try to get enough sleep.

Re: carbs, calories, inflammation, and autoimmunity, I recommend checking out the warnings of a man who says he is an MD and former "LC doctor" expert and went by the handle "Spanish Caravan". He revealed the seamy underbelly of VLC that you will never learn about from VLC/keto advocates. I shared some of his stuff in this forum. A lot of it fit in with what I've been learning and seeing, and it's obvious that he's much sharper and more knowledgeable than the average person.

Re: castor oil -- traditionally, this was used as a laxative ("cleanse") only once or twice a year. I've seen many people worsen their health by doing too many "cleanses," which presumably can clean out good bacteria with the bad.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
And I would add one of Iguana's favorite heuristic's--Claude Bernard's "the terrain is everything."

Thanks Phil, but I feel this Claude Bernard's idea derived from Pasteur’s theory leads to overly complex explanations: GCB’s theory (partly copied by AV, I think) is much simpler and fits better to the known facts. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 04:15:18 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Update -
Still a lot of itching during sleep, especially wound that's trying to recover and new area of rashes building up in inner and around the whole thigh, Rashes developing up until legs and also spreading throughout arms.

09/12/2014 Diet
1 Cooked Sweet Potato upon waking at noon
2lb of Cooked Mussels around 430
200g of Farmed Salmon
2 Cups of Green Tea (generic Lipton)
3 Bananas
2-3 Brussell Sprounts + Red Spinach Raw

1 Now NAC supplement (Testing if it helps Liver Detox through Pathway II)
1 cup of Magnesium supplement drink
Stopped showering for several days, tried putting on coconut oil on face before bed resulted in intense itching on face.. Not tolerating coconut oil well again..Seems like if I don't shower it doesn't get absorbed well, or my skin is too sensitive to anything right now that it simply reacts to it. I've had no problem with coconut oil when my skin is well. When it's dry already without moist from shower it gets itchy. It seemed like not just coconut oil either..I tried putting on marrow bone fat on before it itches me really badly as well.

Also finally had some BM after eating cooked mussels, and it was funny, I had the mussels, then took some magnesium drink, then had a normal BM followed by Diarrhea.. Weird..Indigestion? The next lb of mussels didn't have that problem though. Maybe I'm micro-analyzing this too much.

I'm very clueless at this point....
so..I'll start over again.. Okay what do we have to address..
Eczema, Dry Skin, Cold hands and feet, Insomnia interchanging with intense sleepiness, Lack of energy, 0 Sex Drive and Testosterone, Shrinking Testes, Fluctuating from constipation to Diarrhea (usually constipation)

What are the environmental problems that is hindering my recovery?
Dry weather, Chronic Stress from school, Sudden life event stress from Mid November, Lack of Sun Light, Disturbed sleep from scratching, nnEMF, Lack of fresh air and outdoor nature time, Chlorine + Fluoride in Bathing Water

What are the lifestyle (diet) problems that is hindering my recovery?
Under eating (not enough calories + lack of appetite), Lack of variety of meat, Crashing from supplementation of Iodine from Kelp & Dulse (Potential cause of detox/rashes right now), Limited Carb sources

Protocol as of now:
Diet
1 Week period of Raw Paleo Diet and Avoiding Chronic Levels of Low Carb + Under Eating
Aiming at calories at least 2600/day, or that I'm full 3 meals per day
Increase variety of carbs,
Prebiotics coming in soon and I'll see if that does anything useful for me.

Environment
Spiritual Walk 10mins/day
Inducing happy thoughts with only listening to happy music + Watching Comedy
Addressing water problem by buying spring water for now (Need to do the math and see if I can actually buy a water system..)

I'll constantly update this list on my own for protocol part.

-----------

I am forever grateful in you guys helping me out, I really am.
The struggle of stress in life is it makes me really tunnel visioned and I often cannot see my own biases in thinking.
I was always really negative in terms of thinking, and have always struggled to see happiness in life.

Thank you very much. I will go through this and see through this as a challenge, instead of running away this time.
I will go through the end for this chronic illness. Then I'll make it to the world and help others who have this issue.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:50:10 am by badboy9311 »

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
900 gram of farmed salmon
2 plums
2 bowl serving of salad consisting of lettuce, red spinach and
6 eggs scrambled in pan with 4 tablespoons of tumeric (for calming emotions)
1 NAC supplemnt
3 cups of Green Tea
2 Cups of magnesium drink.

--------

Okay i'm going to stop changing stuff and remain constant ..
ordering meat tomorrow morning to guarantee good meat for the Christmas
Raw Paleo Diet with variations of carbs. Experimenting with trials of Resistant Starch? Still trying to read up on it..Green Bananas apparently is a good option. Upping my fat content by at least eating 2 Marrow bones a day..Also making sure I get my portion of organ meat as well. that's for tomorrow.

----------------

Should I do detoxes during the holiday for faster recovery? Might try couple more egg yolk liver flush and see if it helps.
Might have to do colon cleanse before that if my bowel movement comes in once every two days..but potential of disrupting the gut flora..? Hmm..

I guess long-term strategy would be better to let health conditions to resolve themselves.

----------------

continuing supplementation of NAC to see if the problem is in the liver detox.

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
I'm sort of lost, but I'll continue on my journey
So far, I'm sort of guessing that I may have typical symptoms of a under calorie + under carb person. I'm eating too little and i somehow got use to it already.
Skin continues to be dry and inflammating which is really frustrating as it doesn't heal up nicely.
Could I have what is described below:
On this blog, I’ve repeatedly cautioned against using very low carb diets to treat gut issues. One major reason is because of the well-documented effect of these diets to induce euthyroid sick syndrome (ESS). (1) (2) (3) (4) Common symptoms reported by many on these ketogenic-type diets include lethargy, cold hands and feet, thinning or dry skin, insomnia, and constipation.

taken from here: http://gutcritters.com/dietary-recommendations-for-gut-dysbiosis/

Im quite lost as to where to take the next step..

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I'm sort of lost, but I'll continue on my journey... Im quite lost as to where to take the next step..

Perhaps I'm lost, too, because I don't understand why you are asking for advice on a raw paleo forum about how to modify your cooked diet with food supplements. So, for your vacation, I would recommend a simple raw paleo diet consisting of seasonal, quality foods.

No more farmed salmon, which has been raised on its own excrement and corn. No more plums in the dead of winter. No more searching for diseases that match your symptoms.

Get yourself a good baseline of health on all-raw foods and then let your appetite decide what to eat and what to avoid.

How about six weeks on RPD (raw = RAW!, paleo = the way a "caveman" used to eat)?

Include activities that "cavemen" used to enjoy, such as exposing your skin to the sun. It's okay to leave your shorts on.

Let's see that Leap of Faith that you keep bragging about!

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
Inger, I'm wondering;   if you experimented with leaving veggies in your diet while removing fruit.    You do mention wild greens, which I do in the form of dandelion greens, and sea weeds,, both of which are good sources for gut fermentation.   I also like radishes, some kales, celery, sun chokes, cucumber and others. 
    I think the difference might be in making a whole big meal repeatedly out of salad, and eating fruit often,   vs.   nibbling on wild or separate sources of greens or other veggies. 
   Regarding Cassia.  I am wondering you how you did it?   Did you take one or two on an empty stomach and wait some time before eating?  And then add one more each day until things started moving.     Here's a funny story; before I went to Montrame for the first time and didn't have much knowledge about instincto,,  I ordered some cassia sticks.   I thought the instructions were to eat till there was a stop.    Here's the wild part;  I ate the discs and swallowed them, not knowing you are supposed to suck off the  coating only.  I ate one whole stick.   I then went straight away  to the gym and it hit me there.  Boy between the sharp broken pieces of discs and the many many discs in a whole large stick,  I was in trouble for a whole day.     But since then for quite some time I found them to be quite cleansing.  I was never constipated, they just seemed to cleanse deep within the body.    A couple of times while traveling and haven eaten something bad, they really pulled me through.   Hence the question about how you used them.   

I do sometimes munch on raw cabbage or some dirty carrots from the yard etc. I do like them but I am just not so into veggies.....
I need to slowly increase my fibrous veggies or I will have to fart for sure  ??? I do not feel my intestines at all when I eat like I do now and I like that  ;)
but fruit - a lot of them... really messed my gut up I think. Papayas, ripe figs, or other not so cultivated fruit do suit me better and in summer i might eat a bit from them

I believe fruit should be seasonal.
And I believe wild herbs have way more benefits than cultivated veggies.

I used cassia in the morning fasted.... and waited before eating too as you did - I used mostly just a little to help detox - but sometimes more... to try cleanse when I felt clogged up from my eating and my belly was bloated etc.

I had to LOL when I read about how you ate your first cassia... man! haha... that must have been quite an adventure  ;D

I do think cassia might be of benefit at times. I just do not feel like I need it anymore/since going mostly RAF... and I remember the times when I got panic feelings if I did not have it at home... weird...
I also do not feel the need to do any cleanses or fasting or anything like that.. and I used to do fasts and cleanses before... i kind of did not feel so good and then I thought i needed to clean my body up to feel awesome again. I do not have that anymore at all. Interesting.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I too can remember that odd habit of thinking I needed to 'cleanse' whenever I ate something I wasn't supposed to.   I notice it so often in the health media these days,, all this cleansing, protocols, juices, enemas,,,,   It's as if the body doesn't have it's own ways to heal, and that we need to DO something to pay for our sins.  A lot of money is made off of that belief.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk