Author Topic: Give great tips to lose weight  (Read 25540 times)

Offline fredaroy

• Forager
    • View Profile
Give great tips to lose weight
« on: November 01, 2012, 06:28:27 pm »
I m trying to lose 10 pounds currently i am  160 pounds. I want to know how can i lose my weight fast and i have no much time to do lots of exercices, So Any one help me to suggest some great tips to reduce it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Give great tips to lose weight
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 06:58:20 pm »
You must be in the wrong forum if all you want is to lose weight.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 07:02:57 pm »
Spammer?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 12:26:08 am »
    BodyBUILDING! Maybe just read the word 'diet'?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:47:17 am »
Spammer?

In US  the most serious health problem (or root problem) is obesity. I suggest that this forum be more sympathetic and supportive  to people plagued with this health problem.

Not that I am lobbying for myself. I am petite.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 09:55:39 am »
It was just that it was this person's first post Joy me-thinks. Not, Hi - I am into raw paleo etc. etc. It does look like spam.

If you are not a spammer Fred - please take a moment to introduce yourself to us and tell us about your present diet.

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 09:59:13 am »
Hi Fredaroy
not sure about losing weight fast, but often effective, yes: http://naturebum.wordpress.com/2012/11/02/eating-with-mindfulness/
Kind wishes, J
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:05:21 am by Wattlebird »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 05:56:43 pm »
I m trying to lose 10 pounds currently i am  160 pounds. I want to know how can i lose my weight fast and i have no much time to do lots of exercices, So Any one help me to suggest some great tips to reduce it.

Here's some tips. You wanna eat low fat as possible, like chicken breast, lean beef, etc.

You could also try low glycemic foods, look brown rice, sweet potatoes, and whole grains. Ps if you're not a spammer disregard this advice as I was joking  -d
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 09:36:01 pm »
Ha ha DaBoss. If he's a spammer then he should try one of the chemicals to stop his appetite or have some of his stomach cut out!  >D

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 09:45:03 pm »
Ha ha DaBoss. If he's a spammer then he should try one of the chemicals to stop his appetite or have some of his stomach cut out!  >D

Lol you're one cold chick Dorothy
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 07:38:24 am »
It was just that it was this person's first post Joy me-thinks. Not, Hi - I am into raw paleo etc. etc. It does look like spam.

Actually I am not focusing on this thread. I have seen several times on this forum that people are instantly told to shut up when they talk about losing weight.

Overweight people harbor a lot of shame because of the negative silent comments they receive daily. They are easily shut up. Since this forum aims at helping people improving health and never shunning away discussions about the truths about health,  I think the overweight issue--the number one health problem in US--should be allowed to be brought up on this forum and meet the same kind of respect and support other health issues meet.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 11:10:50 am »
Actually I am not focusing on this thread. I have seen several times on this forum that people are instantly told to shut up when they talk about losing weight.

Overweight people harbor a lot of shame because of the negative silent comments they receive daily. They are easily shut up. Since this forum aims at helping people improving health and never shunning away discussions about the truths about health,  I think the overweight issue--the number one health problem in US--should be allowed to be brought up on this forum and meet the same kind of respect and support other health issues meet.

Oh. It's not about this thread for you - it's about others where people have been responded to dismissively or cruelly. I understand now. I haven't seen those instances myself, but I can easily imagine it happening here. It is true that being overweight would have to be one of the most important discussion on a diet forum with Americans participating. Obesity is truly an epidemic. The vast majority of people in our country are overweight yet they are treated often very cruelly. I've read that 2/3 of all Americans are obese. How many does that leave that aren't even overweight? It does make sense to be open and kind to such a vast group in need of help. 

But a spammer - let's not only cut out their stomach - let's cut out the intestines too. :) 

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 02:03:21 pm »
Dorothy, you stated the issue so much better than I did. :)

It is true that being overweight would have to be one of the most important discussion on a diet forum with Americans participating.

Obesity underlines so many chronical health problems, not to mention mental self-hatred and emotional anguish, which does not contribute to a wholesome society. If RP solves many health issues, it should help solve weight problem. So I hope  this forum will kindly welcome people who come expressly to seek help for their overweight problem.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:08:43 pm by Joy2012 »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 04:22:01 am »
Obesity underlines so many chronical health problems

This is a widely-disputed claim. When processed foods are eliminated from the diet, obesity does not cause much in the way of health problems.

not to mention mental self-hatred and emotional anguish

As a person of size, I have not experienced the drama to which you refer... size does not cause self-hatred and emotional anguish. I'm sure there are some chubby drama-mamas out there, but obesity did not make them dramatic.

If RP solves many health issues, it should help solve weight problem. So I hope  this forum will kindly welcome people who come expressly to seek help for their overweight

You make it sound like this forum is unwelcoming to people of size. I don't know where you got that idea. RPD Forum does welcome us.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 07:35:25 am »
I have nothing against obese people per se. What concerned me only was that it was written in a manner which was very spammer-like, being a very vague, general, post, the sort being what one could expect on a 1000 other diet forums, with no previous intro or explanation of why they wanted to do rawpalaeo.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 08:08:51 am »
Eveheart, Obviously my posts are not regarding you. You are content with your size. My posts speak  about those who are not content with their large size and are seeking help.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/108268-emotional-effects-obesity-children/
http://www.letsmove.gov/health-problems-and-childhood-obesity
http://www.livestrong.com/article/117179-problems-obese-people-face/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity

Tyler, you are probably right about the spammer-like poster.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 08:09:42 am »
I am skinny and have had to put up with alot of bullshit from fat people.  Most people are morons and deserve criticism.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 08:23:32 am »
I am skinny and have had to put up with alot of bullshit from fat people.  Most people are morons and deserve criticism.

Yeah - you can't win. I've been all over the place with weight at different points in my life and I've determined that no matter what you look like someone will find something negative to say.

When I was young I had woman boss for a while that constantly was telling me that I was too skinny. She was trying to make herself feel better about her own weight so I never responded but one day I just had it and told her that I measured myself and that I was 36, 26, 36 and asked her if that wasn't considered the ideal for women - which most thought it was at that time according to tabloids etc. At least I got ONE of the "I know what's best for you"s to shut up!

Other times I have said - yeah - but I'm strong - and just picked up the person - or I asked them if they wanted to race. That also shut them up fast. ;)

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 08:28:38 am »
When I was young I had woman boss for a while that constantly was telling me that I was too skinny. She was trying to make herself feel better about her own weight so I never responded but one day I just had it and told her that I measured myself and that I was 36, 26, 36 and asked her if that wasn't considered the ideal for women - which most thought it was at that time according to tabloids etc. At least I got ONE of the "I know what's best for you"s to shut up!

Dorothy, I see you had keen insight into her emotional/mental state but you showed little compassion.  ;D

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 09:10:24 am »
Yeah - after a couple of years of the harassment - compassion got second place.  -d

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 02:35:21 pm »
Eveheart, Obviously my posts are not regarding you. You are content with your size. My posts speak  about those who are not content with their large size and are seeking help.

I did not say I was content with my size, only that it is not a source of mental self hatred and emotional anguish. Most of the large people I know are not in a state of mental self hatred and emotional anguish. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 07:47:36 pm »
So Joy - strangely enough obesity or looking to lose weight doesn't seem to come up here much - at least where I have noticed people being treated disrespectfully about it. The last I remember someone addressing wanting to lose weight was Black Rhino - he was thinking of having surgery - but it seems like people quite kindly talked him out of it and just tried to give him useful advice. I don't think I've ever seen anyone have one rude thing to say to Eve when she has talked about weight.

I've read some really rude things, nasty name-calling and plain old grumpiness on this forum - but strangely enough, I don't remember one instance when it had to do with someone being fat... or even skinny for that matter. I think most people here have had issues in one direction or the other at some time or another because of  health issues and/or dietary experiments - so perhaps that's why?

Are you thinking of any particular incident here on the forum - or are you just generally thinking about our society as a whole?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 08:10:09 pm »
I have nothing against obese people per se. What concerned me only was that it was written in a manner which was very spammer-like, being a very vague, general, post, the sort being what one could expect on a 1000 other diet forums, with no previous intro or explanation of why they wanted to do rawpalaeo.

Yup yup.  This is the first thing that comes to mind when you are a moderator to keep this forum clean. 

HIs IP says 122.176.72.84   IN   New Delhi, Delhi, India

He hasn't posted again yet.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 09:44:58 am »
All moderators, I do appreciate your hard work to maintian this forum.

Dorothy, It is not overweight people are mocked. It is more that weight loss as an objective is sometimes dismissed as a non-issue, which does not encourage people to bring up this issue again. But let us close this discussion. I do not want to pinpoint any thread.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 10:03:16 am »
It is not overweight people are mocked. It is more that weight loss as an objective is sometimes dismissed as a non-issue, which does not encourage people to bring up this issue again.

What does get dismissed here is the faulty myths about weight loss methods, such as low-fat high-fiber vegetarianism, caloric/nutrient starvation diets, and many other fad methods of temporary weight loss, usually followed by weight gain. As such, "weight loss as an objective" covers a lot, much of which is not RPD.

Once a person learns the variations of RPD, and how to personally find the right variation, weight loss happens. My own experience is a case in point. I have not "dieted" a single day since I found RPD, yet I have lost one hundred pounds. Talking about weight loss as an objective would be misleading. Talking about RPD is all that needs to be done.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk