Author Topic: Moving like a caveman?  (Read 12915 times)

Offline naturalbornmovers

• Forager
    • View Profile
Moving like a caveman?
« on: November 14, 2012, 06:08:00 am »
How much of your movement training would you say is just pure unrefined human movement? Sort of like this video:A Return to Human Movement

Offline Cavecloth.com

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Moving like a caveman?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 02:09:17 am »
That's a great video! I think he needs some Five Fingers though  ;)

Offline l0rdcha0s

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:15:42 am »
That's a great video! I think he needs some Five Fingers though  ;)
I wouldn't say he definitely needs them. The bottoms of our feet used to be much harder skinned to support rougher terrain. Over years and years of wearing shoes they have softened to where a lot of us hate to walk outside without shoes. But the "toe shoes" are a good transition. I wear them as often as I can, although I'd rather go barefoot. Some places simply won't let you in without shoes haha.

I agree though, awesome video!

Offline Cavecloth.com

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:16:00 pm »
I wear my Vibrams daily. I don't like wearing regular shoes since I started wearing the five fingers  ;D

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 11:19:51 pm »
Beautiful! Thank you for the video.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline freezerburn

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 06:00:30 am »
I remember running around as a kid always barefoot in the summers.  Maybe put our shoes on if we were going to ride our bikes.  I remembering running barefoot on our gravel driveway without an issue.  Damn if I can barely walk on gravel now without looking like I'm injured or something....

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 02:15:15 am »
Going barefoot is a transition, it requires diligence. My feet are out of shape, but last spring after being shod for winter. They remembered and transitioned rapidly, and improved past my previous year. I'm starting ct for my feet again, I want to be able to walk indefinitely through the snow. I only go 30secs before I run back in, but I think circulation will improve quickly, with frequency.
    Gravel teaches us to walk lightly.  Some gravel is sharper than others. You have a more intimate connection with the earth. Go slowly, 5mins or less daily. If you injure yourself then never make progress.
    I find the same is true for balancing. Working 12hrs today :(.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 11:24:28 am »
Going barefoot is a transition, it requires diligence.  You have a more intimate connection with the earth.

The first person I thought of was Kody Lundin. He is on a survival show on the Discovery Channel called Duel Survival. He ALWAYS goes barefoot no matter what the terrain or circumstances are (within reason of course). He explains that he has a better connection to the Earth. Just like you said.  :) .

Offline gL0v3zz

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 05:58:43 pm »
The first person I thought of was Kody Lundin. He is on a survival show on the Discovery Channel called Duel Survival. He ALWAYS goes barefoot no matter what the terrain or circumstances are (within reason of course). He explains that he has a better connection to the Earth. Just like you said.  :) .

The first person I thought of was Socrates!

Offline Pammie

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 03:22:26 am »
Very awesome video.  Makes me feel motivated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk