Author Topic: Sex Drive Sign of Toxicity? So...are the banobo's dieing out or some thing?  (Read 4703 times)

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
lol, I meditated on that theory that high sex drive was a strong indicator that the body is in danger and must procreate. Which in many circumstances is true...however; in nature it would appear that our closet relatives(the banobo monkeys) %#!@ like jack rabbits. They $%#@ so much, that their version of warfare is sex. LMAO. So my question is, assuming the Banobo's are truley living naturally, are they in trouble of dieing off or is sex drive a good thing? ;)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
It's just a stupid theory that I believe came about to explain vegetarian and vegan lower sex drives as a positive. Just like endless detox is used when people start losing their hair and teeth. Or there's another one I heard, that raw veganism discourages lower body hair growth and encourages growth of the hair on top of the head, an obvious ploy of using peoples appearance desires to draw them in.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Well, this subject came up in the rawpaleodiet yahoo group, with 1 or 2 members saying that that applied to them. The idea is that females who become ill get a lower sex-drive as it doesn't make sense, evolutionarily, for women to get pregnant while sick, due to the effort involved. Whereas men who become ill get a higher sex-drive, as that helps pass on their genes before they die, and this makes sense as procreation involves less effort for a man that it does for a woman.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I don't think that makes sense either because a child with a healthy mother but an unhealthy or dead father will be hugely disadvantaged, especially in paleo times.

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
It's just a stupid theory that I believe came about to explain vegetarian and vegan lower sex drives as a positive. Just like endless detox is used when people start losing their hair and teeth. Or there's another one I heard, that raw veganism discourages lower body hair growth and encourages growth of the hair on top of the head, an obvious ploy of using peoples appearance desires to draw them in.

Yeah Kyle I agree. I have been sick for quite a while and as a result my sex drive is no where near what it used to be. Being raw vegan made the situation way worse, and when I asked about it they told me it was a more natural way of being to not want sex. I'm like, "...that's some bull shit right there." LOL.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Well, this subject came up in the rawpaleodiet yahoo group, with 1 or 2 members saying that that applied to them. The idea is that females who become ill get a lower sex-drive as it doesn't make sense, evolutionarily, for women to get pregnant while sick, due to the effort involved. Whereas men who become ill get a higher sex-drive, as that helps pass on their genes before they die, and this makes sense as procreation involves less effort for a man that it does for a woman.

From what I've actually experienced Tyler, I think what you said, the conclusions are true.  Of course Kyle has a wonderful point.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
I don't think that makes sense either because a child with a healthy mother but an unhealthy or dead father will be hugely disadvantaged, especially in paleo times.

I agree that the child's chances would be lowered. But you're forgetting the "selfish gene" - in other words, the germ-plasm of the father is only interested in reproducing itself in the short-term - obviously, if the father survived the illness, other  behavioural patterns would kick in and the father would care for the baby.

Another possibility you've overlooked is that many widows turn to other men to help take care of their past children. While a woman with another man's children is generally less desirable to a man than other women, they're still in with a chance.

And then, from a more cynical male perspective, technically the best approach for a man, re spreading his genes, is to initiate multiple romances with women, get them pregnant, and then leave the area to try again with different women, thus greatly increasing the number of children he otherwise would have had. One could argue that "putting all one's eggs(or rather sperm) into 1 basket is not as effective as spreading one's genes all over the place.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk