Author Topic: Getting muscles on RPD  (Read 11582 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Getting muscles on RPD
« on: December 03, 2012, 09:56:37 pm »
Hey everyone. I'm pretty familiar with weight lifting. But I'm unsure about how a RPDiet would work with bodybuilding.

It's my understanding that the body needs about 1 gram of protein per pound of muscle. Assuming I have about 150 pounds of muscle. That means I'd need about 150 grams of protein daily.

I know that's the "standard" on a cooked diet. But what about a raw diet? Would you need less protein since it's unaltered/denatured by cooking?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Getting muscles on RPD
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:50:58 pm »
Yes. At any rate, when I've done weightlifting on rawpalaeo in the past, the muscle-gain took more time to be lost after stopping the weight-training, and the muscle-gain during training was faster.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 11:03:58 pm »
I gain absolutely ridiculous amounts of muscle when weightlifting.  This is even more true on  RPD, mainly because the protein is so much more absorbable.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 11:20:47 pm »
Yes. At any rate, when I've done weightlifting on rawpalaeo in the past, the muscle-gain took more time to be lost after stopping the weight-training, and the muscle-gain during training was faster.

I gain absolutely ridiculous amounts of muscle when weightlifting.  This is even more true on  RPD, mainly because the protein is so much more absorbable.

Sounds great. My general mind set toward weight training is that the healthier your diet, the easier it is to build muscle.

So much makes sense about RPD and weight training.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 01:31:43 pm »
I learned from a book by Brendan Brazier that, when post recovery, when muscles are inflamed, they need blood to shuttle nutrients and take away wastes (like lactic acid). Anti -inflammatory diets will decrease the stress of the body thereby allowing recovery to take place faster. Faster recovery means you can work out again sooner, putting in more workouts in the same amount of time. Thus, you can get stronger than you would if you had not eaten an anti-inflammatory diet.

His was a vegan approach, but anti-inflammatory means what it means. I'm sure that, depending on how meat is prepared, it can be relatively more or less inflammation causing. Eg highly deeply fried meats = highly inflammatory
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:12:02 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 08:17:10 pm »
I learned from a book by Brendan Brazier that, when post recovery, when muscles are inflamed, they need blood to shuttle nutrients and take away wastes (like lactic acid). Anti -inflammatory diets will decrease the stress of the body thereby allowing recovery to take place faster. Faster recovery means you can work out again sooner, putting in more workouts in the same amount of time. Thus, you can get stronger than you would if you had not eaten an anti-inflammatory diet.

His was a vegan approach, but anti-inflammatory means what it means. I'm sure that, depending on how meat is prepared, it can be relatively more or less inflammation causing. Eg highly deeply fried meats = highly inflammatory

Good advice. Do any of you think you really need to consume one gram of protein per pound of lean body weight?

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 05:44:53 am »
1 gram of protien per pound is a joke. A regular meat meal for me is usually around a pound and never less than half a pound. It would be more like a pound and half to two pounds if money wasnt an issue.
-----------

Offline l0rdcha0s

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 11:55:05 pm »
The arbitrary amount of protein is a joke. If you're eating a RPD you will most likely hit a good protein amount that is sufficient to gaining muscle while keeping fat accumulation down. Most meals I have give me at least 80-100g of protein, 2x a day and you're set. Don't go for a number, if you're eating RPD you're getting what your body needs or it would give you biofeedback of what it's lacking.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 02:40:22 pm »
Just eat and lift brotha! Your body will do a good job at telling you how much meat!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk