Raw Paleo Diet Gallery > Display Your Culinary Creations

Fermented Raw Animal Foods - More Than Just High Meat

<< < (4/4)

Robinlove:
I love this post oh so very much! I've been wanting to start making more fermented animal products. This gives me a great place to start. I've been wanting to make fish sauce for aaaaggggeeesssss

dair:
I used to be a big fan for all sort of fermentation. Stopped drinking combucha years ago, as it had a stressfull effect on me. But I got hold of a JUN mushie, the ORIGINAL kombucha, (and have started brewing once again). It's brewed with HONEY (instead of sugar used in kombucha) and green tea (actually I've heard some people trying to experiment with nettles instead). There was no sugar in China/Tibet/Russia, long time ago, when people started brewing the stuff, so JUN based on honey is the original scooby. Very few people use the JUN scooby, because honey is more expensive than sugar, and because many vegans are into combucha. The trick with combucha is to use very small amounts, and never to use with carbs (that's when the combucha bacteria start to feed on your carbs/sugar inside your body and this has a stressfull effect on your body). But it helps digesting fats and animal foods. So not the right stuff for vegans actually. They call it yogi beer... has a stimulating effect, especially when I see the crazy amounts some people can drink of it, but not the right way to use it... It's more like medicine than a stimulant. By the way, you don't need to heat up the water to brew it.
I absolutely love real mead , but can't seem to find a good source of it (found some organic honey wine, but it's really not the same: the "live" stuff, and the bubbles and not there). Been thinking of brewing it myself maybe...?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version