Author Topic: Dry Skin Remedy  (Read 39566 times)

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Dry Skin Remedy
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2011, 06:06:20 pm »
Anyone else have opinions on sodium/salt?
Salt, no matter what kind of salt, always feels very toxic in my body... And it comes out during my skin when I sweat. That makes me even more skeptical. My body tries to get rid of it as fast as possible.

Löwenherz
I used Celtic non refined grey sea salt and Himalaya salt before going raw. I used to drink 0,5 ltr water with lemon juice and himalaya salt half an our before breakfast. This really cleaned my digestive track for the day ahead as well as hydrating my. When I started rpd I used salt on my meat. Now I don’t use any salt. I drink some water when thirsty. I also eat a lot of tomatoes. They are very hydrating and taste salty, probably have enough salt for my needs. Pure salt tastes incredible toxic now.

I grow wheat grass, parsley, dragon, rosemary, strawberries, tomatoes (not ripe yet) and lettuce on my roof terrace. I fortified the soil with compost, lime-, basalt- and bentonitepowder. They get watered with sea salt solution and ones a month get water with blended sprouts. They all look and taste amazing. I eat the strawberries whole and juice the rest. I guess this supplies me with quite some minerals.

I also use coconut oil on my skin, especially after showering and shaving. It feels amazing. Makes my skin soft and smooth.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2011, 03:21:45 am »

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2011, 03:32:03 am »
I tried urine therapy a few times but never really noticed any benefits from it. Machida is great btw.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2011, 04:16:38 am »
Yes! I wanted to make a topic on urine. Can you turn this into a topic Actup?
Yes I will, I feel it deserves it's own thread.

I tried urine therapy a few times but never really noticed any benefits from it. Machida is great btw.
I'd like to know the specifics of your approach. Here is the topic.

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/general-discussion/don%27t-flush-it!/msg73780/#msg73780

Offline awesomeame

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2011, 11:16:49 pm »
I use olive oil as a moisturizer daily on my face, and also use it as an aftershave.  In the winter months on my hands too.  works great

Matt

Offline malinamartis

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2011, 05:05:48 pm »
Always use mineral water when cleansing your face instead of using tap cold water. If you can massage your face with small quantities of oil or moisture regularly.Avoid using harmful effect of chemical soap.

Offline veronicaZora

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2012, 07:04:32 pm »
There are few tips as listed below:

1. After bathing applying Aloe Vera gel is also effective. This is good
2. Before bathing add 5-6 drops of oat extract or lavender oil to the bathtub.
3. Massage the face with almond oil or olive oil every night before going to bed. The oils can also be used to massage the other parts of the body.
4. Mash a ripe banana and apply it on the face and neck. Leave it for sometime and then wash the face with lukewarm water.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2012, 06:15:41 pm »
I bet most of you people who are complaining about bad skin or dry skin probably have a very minor case of it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2012, 09:39:01 pm »
I bet most of you people who are complaining about bad skin or dry skin probably have a very minor case of it.

Tests, let us know what you got.  Maybe we can help.  A good percentage of us are here because we've been through hell and we made it through the rain
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2012, 03:39:25 am »
well, basically i have the worst seborrheic dermatitis i have seen (which literally consists of nothing but layers and layers of dead skin all over my face and back area), and moderate acne (which at times can go mild).

Has anyone on this forum treated any of these two issues with success? Or am i just doomed?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2012, 04:07:05 am »
Before you try anything fancy, see what happens with a couple of weeks of raw paleo diet. I prefer nothing fancy - I get a hunk of grassfed beef (3 to 5 pounds of "roast" from the round because it is relatively cheap, my butcher leaves the back fat untrimmed). I also eat raw fish and seafood.

Dr. Gundry is a variation on Atkins. I am familiar with Atkins and Taubes, and I use their advice to a certain extent, but I'm all raw. I eat very low carb, much raw animal fat, and moderate protein. As far as your specific question about nuts on another thread, you can probably get the best answer for yourself through trial and error. If you ask the forum, each person will give advice on what works for them, and that may not be your experience at all. I try to make one change at a time so I can keep track of what my reaction is.

After a few months of RPD, my dermatitis was gone - it was mostly in my eyebrows, back and ears. If you are adventurous and not too modest, you can try getting a scrub at a Korean spa (jimchilbang). Google it and see if it is for you. A scrub is a waste of time if you are not eating right, but it is a wonderful experience if you are eating right to create good skin.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2012, 07:47:04 am »
thank you for the response. I am not sure if this has been addressed, but there is no risks in eating raw animal protein/fat right?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2012, 09:53:19 am »
thank you for the response. I am not sure if this has been addressed, but there is no risks in eating raw animal protein/fat right?

Generally not.  In the US and Western Europe meat/fish are usually very carefully handled.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2012, 10:03:00 am »
there is an effective medical cream called lachhydrin, or gerihydrin, same thing. I use it all of the time it works best after soaking and very light exfoliation. It is just cow urine and silicone. You could use your own urine and a watery lotion and a bit of your favorite oil mixed in. It stinks, so you could just apply at night with pajamas to protect your linens. Try for about 3 days, to see if there is a significant improvement
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Culbert

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2012, 06:10:31 pm »
Guys how are you all ,  many fruits are useful for skin like banana , apple , orange , papaya , peaches etc. But I think apple is best for dry skin , it has many useful ingredients for skin
related problems like dryness.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2012, 03:38:25 am »
Do you wash with the juice? Or ACV?
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline rawfooderess

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2012, 06:30:59 am »
That sounds great. I am on a raw food diet and I feel concerned that I am eating too much saturated fat as I love fat. I don't cook anything or fry anything, it is all raw.
I get compliments on my skin all the time and it seems weird to me because I don't think that I look that amazing as they tell me I do. The raw diet must be doing something that I can't notice as much as other people.

I am concerned with consuming too much saturated fat. Should I be? :)

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2012, 07:32:26 am »
That sounds great. I am on a raw food diet and I feel concerned that I am eating too much saturated fat as I love fat. I don't cook anything or fry anything, it is all raw.
I get compliments on my skin all the time and it seems weird to me because I don't think that I look that amazing as they tell me I do. The raw diet must be doing something that I can't notice as much as other people.

As far as I'm concerned, no, you shouldn't be concerned. My doctor recently raved about my great blood-test results and reminded me to keep limiting eggs, meats, butter, etc. She knows that I live on unlimited raw egg yolks, raw beef fat, and raw butter (plus an appropriate amount of protein and fermented vegetables). And, Yes, I have flawless skin.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2012, 09:11:44 am »
Not if it's raw.

As far as I'm concerned, no, you shouldn't be concerned. My doctor recently raved about my great blood-test results and reminded me to keep limiting eggs, meats, butter, etc. She knows that I live on unlimited raw egg yolks, raw beef fat, and raw butter (plus an appropriate amount of protein and fermented vegetables). And, Yes, I have flawless skin.
LOL, they tell me the same sort of stuff. First they give me my results, which are fantastic and the report that spits out has smile faces and hearts by the numbers, but because on their survey I said I don't eat milk or grains, the report has frown faces for those and says I need to include them in my diet. How ironic, given that their patients that are eating the grains and pasteurized milk likely have much worse numbers. LOL It really is amazing that they see the amazingly positive results of what we're doing and still insist that it's wrong. They seem to figure that in some distant future the dogma that they've been told will prove true and we'll pay a price. In the meantime, they completely ignore the horrendous results of the advice they're giving. Presumably, they must assume that 99% of their patients are lying and not really eating the "heart-healthy" grains and pasteurized milk they claim to be eating at their doctor's advice.

Raw saturated fat has definitely been the best thing for my skin--especially when I eat it, but also when I apply it to my skin. No fancy skin lotion comes close. The things that work best for me topically are raw suet, cocoa butter and tallow, all fairly saturated. Cocoa butter is the most convenient and acceptable for public use.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:23:15 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk