Author Topic: questions for egg-lovers  (Read 7055 times)

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
questions for egg-lovers
« on: December 22, 2012, 11:29:28 am »
(1) Are you concerned about yokes' AA, which is strongly inflammatory?

(2) What are some of the tasty ways to eat raw egg-whites? I do not like the texture of egg whites. Or are there ways to utilize egg whites if I do not eat whites?

(3) I read somewhere that a biotin deficiency may cause hair to fall out. Has any egg-lover (eating whites too) ever experienced this balding problem?

The eggs I get are pastured fertilized eggs.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 01:22:34 pm by Joy2012 »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: questions for egg-lovers
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 07:27:59 pm »
(1) No, I’m not. I don’t even know what is AA.

(2) Just break a small hole in the shell and drink the white. It comes first, so that if you don’t like it you can discard it and then suck the yolk only. You can refrigerate the whites and keep it for your friends who like it — or give it back to the hens along with the shells, they will recycle it!

(3) No, I haven’t, even after having eaten several thousands of raw eggs — whites and yolks. 

You’d better make sure that these “pastured” eggs come from chicken with no access to cooked leftovers, hot dried grain and wheat. As long as they haven’t been hot dried (which is standard practice), limited amounts of other cereals than wheat are acceptable for birds.

Cheers
François
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:41:07 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 01:07:20 am »
The egg industry's allowable definition of "pastured" can mean that a laying hen never goes outside. As long as there is an open door in the coop, the hens are considered to have "access" to pasture. In a large-scale operation, they may never actually set foot outside. (True!)

Other than that, if you get reliably pastured eggs, they are edible raw.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 03:52:46 am »
    I have an elderly senior citizen friend who's been throwing a raw egg in the blender with milk every night and juice every morning for about two thirds of their life. They never got a stomach ache, yet were born with a sensitive stomach. They use regular supermarket eggs, as it's less expensive. When they started they did use some of their eggs straight from a farm.

So, I don't understand that we have to cook supermarket eggs?  Thoroughly cooked supermarket eggs have made me sick.  So, I don't like telling anyone what to do.  If I were to continually listen to others as what is right to eat, I'd be long gone and dead, seriously.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 04:06:44 am »
Sure, Raw-zi.

People can eat whatever they want. Some lucky ones smoke, drink alcoholic beverages, coke and coffee, eat all kids of junk foods but are never sick and remain very healthy  till they die in a car crash at 100 years old.  ;) 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 05:55:31 am »
I used to eat a lot of raw eggs.
Ate white when I felt it.
It may have had something to do with healing my liver.
But now I don't look for eggs so much.  They are convenient to bring around.
Lately I've been choosy and will only eat the raw duck eggs from the last frontier island of palawan... when they are available... the past 2 months the ducks are on strike... or it is not the season.

As Aajonus said, raw eggs heal the liver and the large intestines.  I used lots of raw duck eggs from Palawan on my 10 year old boy when his large intestine was wrecked last year.  It was a resounding success along with other stuff I gave him.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 07:50:20 am »
Sure, Raw-zi.

People can eat whatever they want. Some lucky ones smoke, drink alcoholic beverages, coke and coffee, eat all kids of junk foods but are never sick and remain very healthy  till they die in a car crash at 100 years old.  ;) 

It works for them. This person has outlived almost all of their large family, older and even much younger than them. My point is raw supermarket eggs may be healthier for some people than cooked supermarket eggs could ever be.  Who knows?  The rest of their family ate all or most of their eggs cooked, from what I know.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 11:13:03 am »
Thanks to everyone who has kindly replied. Testimonies of good results of egg-eating are very encouraging.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 11:51:27 am »
I've eaten plenty of supermarket eggs raw in the past.  Never had any problems.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 12:41:38 pm »
I have a slight food-intolerance to raw eggs. I suspect this is because of the grainfed diet of the relevant birds. At any rate, I can't use it as a staple as most of it goes out the other end rather quickly, unless I minimise consumption heavily.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 01:16:48 am »
(1) Are you concerned about yokes' AA, which is strongly inflammatory?
No, and I doubt that the eggs I buy are strongly inflammatory in real life.

(2) What are some of the tasty ways to eat raw egg-whites? I do not like the texture of egg whites. Or are there ways to utilize egg whites if I do not eat whites?
As long as I don't break the yolks, I don't notice much of any texture, beyond a certain plumpness of the yolk, and it all goes down very smoothly. If I break the yolk, the egg tends to become stringy in a mildly unpleasant way, though I don't find it to be a big deal.

(3) I read somewhere that a biotin deficiency may cause hair to fall out. Has any egg-lover (eating whites too) ever experienced this balding problem?
No, nearly the opposite. Since eating raw Paleo, my hair loss has slowed down, though not stopped completely. I tried cutting out eggs to see if that would have any hair benefits and it didn't.

The eggs I get are pastured fertilized eggs.
I eat some of those and also other chicken and duck eggs from local farms, in case there are variations in nutrients and/or toxins. One downside of the fertilized eggs that are available to me is that they are fed more grain than the unfertilized pastured eggs from smaller farms.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 08:35:40 am »
AA is part of several cellular pathways, more than just the inflammatory response.

Offline Spirit Bear

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 07:36:33 pm »
Bruce Lee would toss a whole egg in his blender every morning, shell and all as part of his smoothie. I submit this as evidence of their merit  ;D

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 04:41:38 am »
Thanks to all who continue to contribute to this thread food for thought.

I visited Bruce Lee's grave two years ago. I was surprised to see many flowers offered at his grave site. It is amazing to me that many years after his death people still remember him.

I felt sad to see his son buried beside him, also died in his 20's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk