Author Topic: Switching to Meat, Habit?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline digitalbum

• Forager
    • View Profile
Switching to Meat, Habit?
« on: December 24, 2012, 04:57:46 am »
So I've been off and on the Paleo diet for a while, at least a few years.  But I can never manage to stay on it.

I would consider my exercise level "high."  And I crave carbs a lot more than meat.  However, I do feel a lot more vital when I eat more meat (I'm also an ectomorph that has NEVER had weight problems.  Only problems gaining weight).

Eating a steak or a grilled chicken breast isn't bad, but it does take some will power to make and eat.  Whereas making and eating a bowl of macaroni and cheese is something I have no problem doing (it's delicious).

I guess my question is, will eating more meat and veggies be something I eventually crave (like mac and cheese)  or is it more of a habit that I'll have to form?

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Switching to Meat, Habit?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 05:28:50 am »
So I've been off and on the Paleo diet for a while, at least a few years.  But I can never manage to stay on it.

I would consider my exercise level "high."  And I crave carbs a lot more than meat.  However, I do feel a lot more vital when I eat more meat (I'm also an ectomorph that has NEVER had weight problems.  Only problems gaining weight).

Eating a steak or a grilled chicken breast isn't bad, but it does take some will power to make and eat.  Whereas making and eating a bowl of macaroni and cheese is something I have no problem doing (it's delicious).

I guess my question is, will eating more meat and veggies be something I eventually crave (like mac and cheese)  or is it more of a habit that I'll have to form?

Hi
for what its worth, dedicate yourself to a month or so of eating nothing but raw meats, fish, eggs, vegies, nuts, fruits, etc, and if you can get past the inevitable cravings of  cooked, processed foods, (as foods and associated automatic taste/neuro chemical associations are reduced ) the answer should resolve itself with greater clarity.
Kind wishes, J  :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:35:46 am by Wattlebird »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Switching to Meat, Habit?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 05:06:16 am »
raw paleo diet is easiest thing ever. theres no prep. just grab your meat or milk or eggs or fruit or watever out the fridge (although I like to let things sit out of it for a while before eating) and eat it. no prep and no cleanup if you just eat things out the package.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk