Author Topic: Starving Cancer: Ketogenic Diet a Key to Recovery  (Read 12687 times)

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Starving Cancer: Ketogenic Diet a Key to Recovery
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 11:01:33 pm »
Dr Ron Rosedale:

"You require no more than 45 to 50 g of protein per day and any extra would be detrimental. I would not have more than 15 g per meal as there is almost no way that you could utilize anything extra without just turning it into fuel."

Found on his website www.drrosedale.com.

Any comments?

Löwenherz

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 01:37:00 am »
Dr Ron Rosedale:

"You require no more than 45 to 50 g of protein per day and any extra would be detrimental. I would not have more than 15 g per meal as there is almost no way that you could utilize anything extra without just turning it into fuel."

Any comments?

Yes, I have a comment. The peril of overconsuming protein at one time is that it will be used to build glucose reserves. Glucose is what low-carb is trying to avoid.

Elsewhere, I have seen calculations that amount to an intake of 60 g of protein per day, with no more than 20 g at one meal. That is for an average lifestyle, not for a bodybuilder, nursing mother, etc. Dr. Rosedale calculation of protein requirement seems to be on the safe side.

One of the old reasons not to overeat protein is that, if you are going to eat larger quantities of high-priced protein only to convert them to glucose, you might as well consume cheap sugar instead.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 03:34:38 am »
Ron Rosedale believes that it is good to keep our insulin levels as low as possible. Endocrinologist Diana Schwarzbein believes that chronically too low insulin levels have adverse effects on our hormonal system and overall health. We are a confused species..

We’ve got confused ever since the Neolithic era, or a bit before when we started to cook food. Our pre-fire ancestors were not that confused and animals in the wilderness aren’t either. Just like them, I’ve absolutely no idea neither about insulin levels, nor about of how much proteins I eat as well as no idea of how much protein is contained in the foods I eat.

Eating really raw paleo keep you away from confusion and thus you don’t need those contradictory dietitians and gurus advices. They are still kind of using Aristotle physics, unaware that it’s become obsolete since Newton and Einstein.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 03:51:35 am »
We’ve got confused ever since the Neolithic era, or a bit before when we started to cook food. Our pre-fire ancestors were not that confused and animals in the wilderness aren’t either. Just like them, I’ve absolutely no idea neither about insulin levels, nor about of how much proteins I eat as well as no idea of how much protein is contained in the foods I eat.

Eating really raw paleo keep you away from confusion and thus you don’t need those contradictory dietitians and gurus advices. They are still kind of using Aristotle physics, unaware that it’s become obsolete since Newton and Einstein.

I haven't seen much in the way of contradictory advice coming from reliable sources. The unreliable sources don't bear listening to.

Raw paleo can prevent the onset of the diseases of modern man. If I had learned to adhere to a raw paleo diet at an earlier age, I would have prevented much damage. However, the damage has already been done. Once one reaches the stage of insulin resistance, for example, eating too much protein or too much carbohydrate has a profoundly painful physical result. One can find that threshold both instinctively and quantitatively - either way, I can't just poo-poo the idea of restraint from foods that injure me.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 09:39:55 pm »

Eating really raw paleo keep you away from confusion and thus you don’t need those contradictory dietitians and gurus advices.

No thanks, Iguana.

As far as I know eating "really raw paleo" means for you: Eating every single day piles of overbred sugary neolithic fruits that never existed in human history until very recently. It's a nice illusion, far away from "paleo". Instincto is long dead.

Löwenherz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk