Author Topic: Pro-salt article  (Read 3495 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Pro-salt article
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 04:12:37 am »
It's not the salt that is bad. It's the processing. Commercial table salt is heated to over 1000 degrees. Even so called sea salt is often no better because the companies that process it make more money from selling all the minerals they extract from it than they do from selling the salt. I buy only raw unprocessed salt and have done so for many years. My favorite is Celtic sea salt but the French gray salt is pretty much the exact same thing for a lot less money.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 09:31:07 pm »
I suppose sundried salt would be what you're referring to, surfsteve?
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 02:40:53 am »
Yes. The salt I buy claims to be dried in the sun. I always have to be careful when I go over to someone's house that uses regular table salt, not to over salt my food. Real sea salt is less salty and I only need to use half as much. After having gotten used to real salt, table salt tasted very chemical to me.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 11:55:34 pm »
It's not the salt that is bad. It's the processing. Commercial table salt is heated to over 1000 degrees. Even so called sea salt is often no better because the companies that process it make more money from selling all the minerals they extract from it than they do from selling the salt. I buy only raw unprocessed salt and have done so for many years. My favorite is Celtic sea salt but the French gray salt is pretty much the exact same thing for a lot less money.

can you share please the link with the salts you use?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 01:07:43 am »
Just buy any salt made from evaporating seawater. I buy mostly Celtic Sea salt. Celtic can be a brand but it is also a region where there is supposed to be less pollution. You wont go wrong buying the Celtic brand. I can't tell the difference when buying French gray salt which is much cheaper but the price is climbing. I only buy fine ground so that it will fit in my salt shaker. The coarse is ok if you're going to add it to water. I used to do that. They call it "sol" when it's reached its maximum solubility and I used to make it that way and shake it out of a soy sauce bottle. It is about twice as strong as soy sauce so use half as much. Just throw some salt in some water till it wont dissolve anymore, leaving some on the bottom and transfer the liquid into a soy sauce bottle. Another kind I use is salt powder. Have been unable to find "Celtic" salt powder so I use the "Real Salt" brand powdered salt which is different because it was evaporated millions of years ago and also has iron and other minerals that have leached into it from the soil. It's fine powder is great for sticking to raw nuts. Just put some in a bag and shake it up and they come out perfect every time.

Here are the links from my last two orders from Amazon. I recommend you Just by whatever brand is cheaper after shipping to your area. Unprocessed sea salts are pretty much standardized because all the oceans are connected but natural unprocessed land salts may vary depending on whatever else may have leached into them from the region of land that surrounds them.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008SYVF4K/ref=sxr_rr_xsim_1_a_it?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3008523062&pd_rd_wg=ACxqc&pf_rd_r=H55PEHBA4CZ6NWS2MSB2&pf_rd_s=desktop-rhs-carousels&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B008SYVF4K&pd_rd_w=J1WBR&pf_rd_i=celtic%2Bsea%2Bsalt&pd_rd_r=2402d872-858a-4277-b151-9b9057eb27f9&ie=UTF8&qid=1514738131&sr=1&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9I0U1M/ref=sxr_rr_xsim_2_a_it?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3008523062&pd_rd_wg=ACxqc&pf_rd_r=H55PEHBA4CZ6NWS2MSB2&pf_rd_s=desktop-rhs-carousels&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B00A9I0U1M&pd_rd_w=J1WBR&pf_rd_i=celtic+sea+salt&pd_rd_r=2402d872-858a-4277-b151-9b9057eb27f9&ie=UTF8&qid=1514738131&sr=2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk